Logic Pro 8 Screenshots

David Nahmani

David,

Thanks for all the screenshots! I'm extremely excited about Logic 8. There have been many criticisms mentioned here already, which I don't really understand. Apple is more and more "Apple-izing" Logic! Isn't that what we wanted? Personally, I love it.

Anyway, enough soapboxing: Here's my screenshot requests...

1) SMPTE set to 23.976 :P

2) Two (or more) audio tracks, bussed to an aux with plug-ins on it (EQ, compression), and then bus that aux to an audio track, for printing stems in real-time.

::crosses fingers:: Please, please let those features be there! :D

Thanks again!

David, this is probably a bad question, but are you offering a pdf?(I'd pay the same price as the book naturally) Reason is, I have trouble reading, but if the new os can read it to me, I think i can get through it.

I doubt the publishers would do that. I guess that would make it too easy to pirate and distribute over the net... :(

four-point editing is used in a few turnkey systems (I think the Sadie systems use it, not sure). It's where you can basically take the end of one audio file and the beginning of another and when you want to fade one into another, you actually have a dynamic visual overlapping of the two files. In other words, the two audio pieces can be placed in the same space, and you can see them both on the same track and edit/fade accordingly.

David,

Thanks for all the screenshots! I'm extremely excited about Logic 8. There have been many criticisms mentioned here already, which I don't really understand. Apple is more and more "Apple-izing" Logic! Isn't that what we wanted? Personally, I love it.

Anyway, enough soapboxing: Here's my screenshot requests...

1) SMPTE set to 23.976 :P

2) Two (or more) audio tracks, bussed to an aux with plug-ins on it (EQ, compression), and then bus that aux to an audio track, for printing stems in real-time.

::crosses fingers:: Please, please let those features be there! :D

Thanks again!

OK, so I'm an idiot: I just downloaded the manual and found that Logic 8 does support 23.976!

I'm still looking for confirmation of being able to set a bus as an input for an audio track. I very, very regularly print mixes as stems, and being able to print them in real-time makes a huge difference for meeting deadlines. Anyone, please? Maybe even a screenshot?

:wink:

hi..

a few questions.. global track editing..

does it behave correctly these days? ie no double click for undo

does it edit the automation properly without regions?(cut and insert audio)

does it edit the buss automation properly ?

do the busses have sends?(cant find a buss fader pic anywhere..)

does the new audio edit window have markers?

can I use say.. a sequencer from reaktor(or whatever) to control my external synths.?

do the control assignments update too? have they altered this at all?

ta in advance..

when i installed LP8 it found and scanned all my added 3rd party plugs with no problems. gForce synths, NI stuff, Zebra, Drumagog, etc, etc, that had been installed under LP7. So i didn't have to reinstall any of my plugs for LP8 which was very nice indeed. There are some linkage issues with certain exs samples that aren't linked to properly. i think there's a thread going on about this over at the apple forums and i think it's fixable but i haven't personally had time to sort it out yet.

Hey chinamink

I'm going crazy trying to find the system performance. Where the hell did you find it? The only way I can open the system performance is thru a song that I had locked and saved an environment with it. I'm looking all over the menu and I don't see jack.

Edited by BassBottom

Hey chinamink

I'm going crazy trying to find the system performance. Where the hell did you find it?

The CPU and hard disk performance is now in the transport bar, or, if you want a separate window, double-click on these load meters in the transport bar.

Hey, it paid off to put the Logic 8 PDF manual on my laptop for quick searches!

--Kent

Hey chinamink

I'm going crazy trying to find the system performance. Where the hell did you find it?

The CPU and hard disk performance is now in the transport bar, or, if you want a separate window, double-click on these load meters in the transport bar.

Hey, it paid off to put the Logic 8 PDF manual on my laptop for quick searches!

--Kent

pheeeewwww.... what a relief. Kent thank you so much man. I did the search on the PDF file and it didn't show up. Maybe I'm overwhelmed by this program. Man I feel like I'm starting all over again.

when i installed LP8 it found and scanned all my added 3rd party plugs with no problems. gForce synths, NI stuff, Zebra, Drumagog, etc, etc, that had been installed under LP7. So i didn't have to reinstall any of my plugs for LP8 which was very nice indeed. There are some linkage issues with certain exs samples that aren't linked to properly. i think there's a thread going on about this over at the apple forums and i think it's fixable but i haven't personally had time to sort it out yet.
I did have the same problem with my esx and fixed it.

The install creates a folder call "Previous Logic Settings" in Library/application support...

all you have to do is drag the files that you need to the logic folder in ibrary/application/logic...

no problem at all... well at least for me.