Logic Pro 8 Screenshots

David Nahmani

I wrote some time ago how the EFM1 is one of the easiest FM synths to program. Well, it got even easier, it has a randomize button, with a percentage how much is randomized (see bottom right)-- not that it's easy to get into techno-like sounds, but hey that's what the clubbers like now!

There's also the Compare button, when activated (blue) you could compare the sound with the earlier settings stored into the project. This is true of all plug-ins (as I know, not checked them all 100% out).

--Kent

EFM_1_rand.png.5b641c258368b589a5b7578ecb00b2e5.png

Just curious, but I was watching Martin Sitter's Logic 8 demo, and he was pointing out how you can choose what you want to see on the transport bar down below... so, couldn't you just hide everything, and then bring up a separate transport window?

You can hide the components of the transport, but the "shell" remains no matter what. Basically, just as we can choose to show or hide the Inspector or media bays, it would also be nice to show or hide the transport, just as we were in PT 7 (when it could appear at the top left of the Arrange, if desired...and resized, if desired)

OK, 3rd party, but still awesome. Insert, click + under Solo until they are all there smiling at you.

ok...since I don't have L8 yet...can you expand on the Multi-timbral plug-ins a little more? I'm trying to UN-learn my Environment where I had a LOT of Multi-tibmral objects set up...2 GPO's, 2 RMX's, 2 MOTU Symphonics, etc...

what 'mental shift' do I need to make now? Have you made a new 'template' from your old AutoLoad? Is that even necessary? I certainly do have a 'template' setup that I like to start most songs from...BUT..I'm trying not to get stuck in any 'old' ways of doing things and want to embrace new workflows...

i don't have LP8 yet. So i can't try this.

Is there a way to resize Logic's window so it's actually bigger than the screen size and drag the transport section off the bottom of the screen?

I'm trying it with firefox - noluck - but i'm sure i've done this before.... i think!

:?

If you aske me... and of course no one has... I prefer the name of Matrix Editor over Piano Roll Editor.

It's sounds more professional, still describes what it is, albeit MIDI Matrix might be more accurate... but more importantly Matrix Editor just sounds more COOL.:)

After all that is what's important!!

I'm sure they changed it so newcomers would know what it was.

Those multichannel meters look amazing ...

This makes me want to revive a surround-sound art installation project I put on the back burner a few years ago!

Yeah man!!! I'm ready to convert all my projects to surround.

BTW that was 5.1

Check out the 7.1 below

Also check out the Surround Panners where the first one just a mono source

the second and third are stereo with the stereo field widened or narrowed by just dragging either the L or R button

Last one is a surround balancer.

1316206745_Surround71.thumb.jpg.b03711c45fc1db90ab1b88de8e3c9c11.jpg

In the screenshots I have seen here, the colors of the Arrange Window objects seem relatively muted. Are the colors from previous versions of Logic no longer available?

All of the colours remain... Perhaps people have just been drawn in by the subtle shades in the rest of the app and not gone for garish colours :)