New Logic update 10.4.5 is here!

DRC Music
Go to solution Solved by gnubee,

What's the tool in wich turns the mouse pointer when you press ctrl/shift + left click on tracks and piano roll windows background? First time I see it.

Seems to be a sort of quick navigation/moving-around tool. Behaviour in piano roll seems predictable but in the arrange window it's completely erratic.

I never noticed this before - but it's there in 4.4 as well. Don't see much sense in it, though - especially in the arrange this is doing completely crazy stuff.

Yes, you can, but its highly inaccurate. If you want to see how that 16th note on the bass track or a 65 tracks arrangement drops off where you want to place a fadeout of like 45ms on it with a slightly inward-bent curve, you will zoom in fairly close both horizontally and vertically to see what you're doing.

Yes, you can, but its highly inaccurate.

Ok but I was under the impression that you were saying it as if it were specific to using Control-Shift as a shortcut? I get the same accuracy wether I use Control-Shift as a shortcut or wether I use a Fade tool. In both case, I can do broad fades while zoomed out, and for finer work I zoom in further.

My input monitoring buttons have disappeared on the tracks, but not their corresponding mixer channels. And yes, I have them selected to be visible. I can still change the status, just not see what it is. 10.4.5 is a bit problematic in small ways. I'm expecting 10.4.6 in short order.

Ok, so two weeks ago I updated two computers from Sierra to High Sierra to be able to use 10.4.5 over 10.4.4. Should not be too big a step, you would think.

It's absolute crash hell. Clicking on anything can crash Logic, can be an Environment button, can be a Tempo entry, can be hitting play, can be clicking a Region. Crash reports usually zone in on a thread called SeqTimer.

I have projects to work on in the studio and shows to play. I'm back to 10.4.4. I will downgrade to Sierra without batting an eyelid in case the crashes don't subside.

After the absolute trainwreck that 10.4.2 was, that's not an overly long success story so far. It seems quality control is at an all time low at Apple.

It's absolute crash hell. Clicking on anything can crash Logic, can be an Environment button, can be a Tempo entry, can be hitting play, can be clicking a Region. Crash reports usually zone in on a thread called SeqTimer.

I have no idea what "SeqTimer" might translate to, but I can second the "any kind of click can cause certain troubles" emotion. As said, I had crashes selecting the "trim" function in the audio editor (it did crash instantly, not while performing the trim), there's all kinds of kind weird mouse behaviour too, maybe the mousepointer not dissapearing on "first mixer contact" and the loss of the ability to control channel strip elements with the mouse wheel in the inspector are related to that. It's absolutely unlikely that either of these have been implemented intentionally - they seem to be byproducts of something related to mouse/trackpad operation being changed under the hood (for whatever reasons).

Having said that, during the last days things were running rather smooth over here (I didn't work too much in Logic, though, so that might be related...).

Fwiw, did you try trashing your Logic preferences? Perhaps that might help a bit - at least it's what I did (after exporting my KCs!) and I experienced no crashes ever since. Could perhaps also be related to updating the OS rather than using a fresh install, so maybe trashing the preferences would help a bit due to that as well.

After the absolute trainwreck that 10.4.2 was, that's not an overly long success story so far. It seems quality control is at an all time low at Apple.

I'm afraid I have to agree. As said, for me 4.5 isn't terribly bad by now, but there's all these small things making it smell like a half-baked release that they had to get out in a kinda rush to prove whatever it might be ("Look, you can finally create huge templates with Logic as well!").