New Logic update 10.4.5 is here!

DRC Music
Go to solution Solved by gnubee,

Yes, I might check the preferences fix later, but before that I need a good row of days of rock-solid performance as I have a show to play on sunday which has Logic at the very center. I can't risk it crashing on me. I might even roll back to Sierra this evening just for that.

This is still to be seen, given that I updated to HS and to 10.4.5 at the same time. However, 10.4.4 certainly crashes a lot less in direct comparison because whenever I hit the crash-wall in 10.4.5, 10.4.4 sails through that same gate gracefully immediately thereafter. Still, I can't rule out 10.4.4 crashing in HS at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if it is possible to Transpose MIDI notes +1/-1 step with just the Up/Down arrow keys in the Piano Roll, while maintaining the ability to select the Previous/Next track in the Main Window with the Up/Down arrow keys? This update seems to have nixed that ability, and I can't seem to find a way around it.

I think there's an Amazon device for that -- Tab, RC, anything you want.

It's like when the old Macs would prompt "Error Type 11," and people would type "11" to clear it.

Talking about such things, back in the days there's been an incredible error message coming along with the boot process of Windows (I think Windows 95 or 98).

"No keyboard found, press F11 to continue"

Yes, that is for real!

I once travelled 40 miles to fix an urgent printer issue, when I arrived I asked them to print, then watched as the operator clicked the ‘cancel’ button as soon as the ‘printing...’ dialog popped up.

I asked why an earth where they doing that, and they told me that they just press any button that comes up on the screen. I told them not to. printer magically fixed! Duh!

• 2 weeks later...
Try holding down Option on your keyboard while you hit up arrow or down arrow.

Right, I know about Option+Arrow keys. Before the update, I had changed that to custom commands to move notes just with the arrow keys, since it was just a lot easier to deal with. With the update though, if I keep those key commands to just the arrow keys to move notes, it makes it so that I can't use the arrow up/down keys to toggle through the tracks in the tracks area of the main window. I'm trying to figure out if I can keep both of those functionalities somehow.

• 3 months later...

"There is now a preference to display an overlay showing position when scrolling horizontally along the timeline and track number when scrolling vertically in the track list."

Does anyone know where to find this preference?

Or how to make use of the overlay? I can't find any use for it yet.

"There is now a preference to display an overlay showing position when scrolling horizontally along the timeline and track number when scrolling vertically in the track list."

Does anyone know where to find this preference?

Or how to make use of the overlay? I can't find any use for it yet.

I don't think (?) it's a preference... you always get the overlay. It's there to help you visualize where the region will go. The track number is displayed in the help tag.

overlay.png.78aa5fb17f5cc3ba8b425c7be5f5e353.png