Logic Pro X - What's new in 10.5

des99

I'm putting the finishing touches on my album this/next week, I can go ahead and update to this now, right?

You know actually you can, with some basic precautions:

1. In your Applications folder, control-click Logic Pro X and choose Duplicate.

2. Rename the duplicate Logic Pro X 10.4.8.

3. Update.

I was absolutely being sarcastic. This close to the finish line I won't update ANYTHING on my computer. But I do keep compressed versions of Logic going many versions back.

I'm pretty sure this means the end of the line for Automap for me, I could never get any version newer than 10.4.4 to work with it and I use it a *lot* for keyboard commands and navigating around projects. Time to embrace Keyboard Maestro for real. The new features and live performance tools seem like they'll be worth it.

Hello, I'm currently running High Sierra and having a hard time trying to find Mojave on apples site. They have a link that takes me to itunes usa but once I get there, Mojave is not available. Any suggestions?

Thanks

There may be some issues with Apple's update servers at the moment, I'm having a hard time getting a client's OS updated.

Hey thanks for your response. I've since found out that I was using Firefox which didn't work instead of Safari, which got me to the download but then the download was damaged.

771133179_ScreenShot2020-05-12at9_57_26AM.thumb.png.0c3fe307965ab615459ba85c1d3bd2e3.png

There may be some issues with Apple's update servers at the moment, I'm having a hard time getting a client's OS updated.

Hey thanks for your response. I've since found out that I was using Firefox which didn't work instead of Safari, which got me to the download but then the download was damaged.

That 'download is damaged' message has been happening a lot lately. It might work after you restart.

Whatever, they could as well just make this user accessible.

That will be custom internal code in Obj-C or Swift. It's a *helluva* long way between the internal code and making a safe, secure, comprehensive and performant user scripting environment...

But sure - it's just a matter of code, isn't it? :P

All of this being said, there is still a lot that can be accomplished. Any Sampler parameter that can be affected via midi (lots) can be controlled via the midi scripter plug. So I could for example, use scripter to detect midi notes thats are within a whole step of each other and that happen within a certain short time frame. Then I generate a C-1 (or whatever) note-on event and have that used in Sampler as a key switch. Then I trigger a "hammer-on" sample for my guitar instrument instead of a regular note.

And I believe that we have access to articulation IDs in scripter as well, correct? Can someone confirm?

It shows the latest available OS for your mac.

if your mac is catalina ready, you'll officially from the app store only be able to install catalina.

everything else are tricks, which you should open another thread for :)

Not exactly. The (official) link I shared earlier shows me a Mojave download on my Catalina Mac.

Thanks, I was finally able to find it using Safari. I previously was using Firefox which wouldn't work for me. However once I found it the file was corrupted.

1948225072_ScreenShot2020-05-12at9_57_26AM.thumb.png.b410ff23cccb5821088f8bf91a47107a.png

I was absolutely being sarcastic.

I know. That's why I used the word "actually" in my answer. ;) If you use my solution then there's no reason to fear anything going wrong with the update as you can still open your project in the old version.

Having said that, if you still feel like you don't want to install anything new on your Mac before you complete your current project I completely understand.

Hello, I'm currently running High Sierra and having a hard time trying to find Mojave on apples site. They have a link that takes me to itunes usa but once I get there, Mojave is not available. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi

copy the link below and paste it into an email that you then send to your own Apple Mail account .

If you receive that email in your Apple Mail App and you click on it you should be directed to the correct download

page in Apple's App Store :

macOS Mojave by Apple

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?l=en&mt=12

It worked for me , hope it works for you too .

Best

Gerd

Thanks

Hi

copy the link below and paste it into an email that you then send to your own Apple Mail account .

If you receive that email in your Apple Mail App and you click on it you should be directed to the correct download

page in Apple's App Store :

Thanks for your help. Tried your suggestion and the link first sent me to itunes USA, then sent me to Germany where it couldn't be found there either. Strange

macOS Mojave by Apple

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?l=en&mt=12

It worked for me , hope it works for you too .

Best

Gerd

If anyone feels inclined: I need a quick tip for a metal compatible GPU for my cheesgrater, so I can finally update to Mojave. Due to 100% job loss (for obvious reasons), the cheaper, the better. Quality can be just as good/bad as with the stock GPU.

The first post on this forum will tell you everything you need to know (including a list of metal compatible GPU's) with regards to upgrading your mac pro to Mojave.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mp5-1-what-you-have-to-do-to-upgrade-to-mojave-bootrom-upgrade-instructions-thread.2142418/

I installed a SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5 a few months back, I have the same Mac as you, 2010 Mac Pro. Works well, though I still haven't done the Mojave upgrade yet, still on HS, but will make the move soon.

If anyone feels inclined: I need a quick tip for a metal compatible GPU for my cheesgrater, so I can finally update to Mojave. Due to 100% job loss (for obvious reasons), the cheaper, the better. Quality can be just as good/bad as with the stock GPU.

The first post on this forum will tell you everything you need to know (including a list of metal compatible GPU's) with regards to upgrading your mac pro to Mojave.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mp5-1-what-you-have-to-do-to-upgrade-to-mojave-bootrom-upgrade-instructions-thread.2142418/

I installed a SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5 a few months back, I have the same Mac as you, 2010 Mac Pro. Works well, though I still haven't done the Mojave upgrade yet, still on HS, but will make the move soon.

I purchased an MSI Radeon RX 560 4 GB a while back and its been working no problems.

But the installation was not easy because you lose the boot menu.

Took a quick look at the new Logic updates notes, looks like it is really geared towards loops and beat makers/EDM kind of people.

I may be wrong of course?

It kinda is, but you can utilise the live loops for traditional guitar based music too. I used to do it a ton in Ableton as it just becomes a giant loop pedal so you can come up with ideas and mix and match loops to see what works.

It's really helpful if you bind to a controller and change scenes using that, so you can jump between intro/verse/bridge/chorus loops while playing lead, bass, drums, vocals on the fly.