M1 Compatible Audio Plugins

OK, this time for real: Native Instruments FM8 is ARM Native (and VST3 for anyone using other DAWs/Hosts that have been waiting for this as well).

Interestingly, they haven't updated their webpage that tracks this, but Native Access shows it.

Seems to be running along fine in standalone (as universal app). Haven't tried in Logic yet other than opening it up.

Reaktor goes in to beta in 2023, so that one will come after that completes I'd imagine. Battery's probably more straightforward (well, actually: definitely more straightforward than Reaktor).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if this is the proper thread for my question but here goes. I am in Logic 10.7.6 and MacOS 12.4

I am having trouble with certain plugins that will stutter/glitchy the sound and even allow non-solo'd tracks to play. These particular plugins when opened will open just a small will without opening fully.

Is this a problem with the logic version or OS versions.

Some of the problem plugins are:

•. Vital Synth
•. Ample Bass Lite
•  Alex Hilton A1 Trigger Gate

It's very frustrating. Thanks for any help. 

2 hours ago, ozinga said:

Do you have the VST versions installed? Some plug-ins do this when the VST version is not present. Like some Korg plug-ins.

Yes, I have the .vst loaded but in the Plugin Manager if I hit Reset & Rescan Selection for one of the plugins that is having trouble it says the following:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

validating Audio Unit A1TriggerGate by A1AUDIO.de:

AU Validation Tool
    Version: 1.10.0 
    Copyright 2003-2019, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumf' - 'A1Tg' - 'A1Au'
Manufacturer String: A1AUDIO.de
AudioUnit Name: A1TriggerGate
Component Version: 1.4.0 (0x10400)

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -10875,0xFFFFD585

validation result: couldn’t be opened

This may have already been posted, but this got some NI apps working for me that weren't previously: 

I don't recall whether or not I had done this for Kontakt or other NI apps. I somehow stumbled upon this yesterday when running AUVAL and it crashed on Kontakt.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415601248657-How-to-Enable-Full-Disk-Access-on-macOS

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Christopher11 said:

Are any of you guys familiar with the Ohm Force Symptohm VSTs?  There is a light version and full version, I love them both.  Super funky and distinctive sounding.  Any word on these for M1 macs?  I would have to give them up.

have you tried contacting ohm force? they would be the ones to know... plus, this might run thru rosetta2; the silicon era does not (yet!) mean the end of intel-compatible plugins (well, not entirely)...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, fisherking said:

massive X has been fine here, running native, since i installed it (feb 19, 2023)...

Awesome!  That leaves just Kontakt, which is such a standard these days, I'm sure they've got that working.  Come to think of it, I wish more sample libraries came Sampler enabled (they used to for EXS 24)  Because while Kontakt is more full featured, I really like Logic's sampler.

• Like 1

Indeed (https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014683497-Apple-Silicon-Compatibility-News)

Everything's been fine for me except the effects, some of which (like Replika and a couple of others... Raum I think) are unusable for me. Shame because I really like Replika, but I can't move a knob/slider/whatever on it or whatever the others are: if they don't just work I lose interest fast and they don't really cover any real ground exceptionally compared to other things I have that work great.

If native access doesn't quit quietly download K7 I'm going to scream (sorry; just happened again... 3rd time in same number of days, and I'm not installing anything but updates to 'other' things that shouldn't require it). Rant off now...

Have fun.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...