M1 Compatible Audio Plugins

Kontakt 6 is now native compatible, via Native Access. v. 6.7. :!: It's quite zippy. I'm impressed. I have the Soniccouture Hammersmith Pro, and it took about 15 seconds to fully load on my 4ghz Intel iMac. Takes about 2-3 seconds on this machine in native mode. Ethnic Voices and Instruments 5 also are very resource friendly.

Just noticed the update earlier. They're surprisingly quick this time around, it took them forever to get through the Big Sur compatibility updates.

Curious, what's the current state of M1 / M1pro/max with audio? I keep reading and hearing about pretty drastically different experiences out there and it's still scaring me off of getting a new MacBook.

Anyone running flawlessly now with most plugins on LPX?

I don't think this is the right thread for this question. This thread is just to report native or Rosetta Apple Silicon compatibility, so let's keep it focussed on that to make it easier for David to keep an overview.

Also, this thread should contain all the information you need to answer your question (that's the whole point of it, after all): Is everything you work with compatible either natively or using Rosetta? If yes, then you'll be fine and there is no reason to hold back on getting an Apple Silicon machine. If not, then it's up to you to decide how badly you need the stuff that's not yet compatible versus how badly you want an Apple Silicon machine now.

I'm experiencing pretty smooth sailing on my M1 Max machine and would never want to go back, but such anecdotal reports are not going to help you much since you probably use different plugins than I do. You just need to check the list and see what the status of your software is.

By the way @David Nahmani EastWest Opus runs natively on Apple Silicon, see its release notes on this page: https://www.soundsonline.com/support/updates

Since it replaces the old Play engine for all sample libraries, I guess the only other plugin EastWest have yet to make native is the Spaces 2 reverb.

And, as others have mentioned above, NI Kontakt is native now.

The Apple Silicon version of iLok is now available (5.5.0 GM - check for updates from the iLok License Manager app, as it's not on iLok.com yet.)

It might take time for it to show up for you, if check for updates doesn't report it for you yet.

This should pave the way for more iLok software to get Native releases.

MakeMusic has just released Finale 27.2 with Native M1 support. 27.2 also updates the Aria engine so that installer must be rerun also.

Although 27.2 is Native, many VIs and plug-ins are not including NotePerformer. If using NP, one must run 27.2 in Rosetta 2. I write more here:

https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4561040035479-Finale-v27-2-Update-and-NotePerformer-on-M1-Mac-Apple-Silicon-

NotePerformer 4 with Native support is on the horizon but no one knows when it will be released.

Plugin Alliance now have M1-Native updates for pretty much everything in their installer (downloading - whoop!).

Native versions are performing great here (Softube too!).

Edit: Some PA plugins aren't yet native - Neold, Lindell, ADPTR, Bettermaker, possibly some others, so I expect there will be more updates to come...

Will update the thread when their announcement goes live...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, ProgAndy said:

Korg Legacy Collection (Wavestation, M1, Polysix, MS20 and MonoPoly) has been updated to native Apple Silicon.

Yes, I did add that last night (it's actually "Korg Collection 3", not "Korg Legacy Collection" as there are more plugins than the Legacy ones these days), but the most recent posts got lost in the forum upgrade - David is restoring those bit by bit I think which is why I hadn't reposted it.

Note that Triton Extreme though is *not* native yet, despite the update notes saying so. Probably an error on Korg's part.

On 2/12/2022 at 10:08 AM, des99 said:

Soundtoys have an Apple Silicon public beta version of all their plugins out now, which works well, apart from the Effects Rack plugin, which has an issue they think is a Logic bug - they are working with Apple to resolve.

This seems to be fixed in 10.7.4 - recalling Effects Rack AU presets no longer crashes Logic (yay!) although the behaviour with all the current SoundToys plugins is weird and unlike other plugins - I have a note into them about this.

Basically, when you recall an AUpreset, the setting recalls, but doesn't "stick" in Logic's menu or the Library (it becomes immediately deselected) so you can step through patches like you normally can. Weird one.