M1 Compatible Audio Plugins

Perhaps this has been noted somewhere but it was new (and unexpected) to me when reinstalling my M1 MacBook (cleansing it of all work-related everything... ahh, much better):

While a great many things NI are M* native now, note that if you're on a clean system, and are a purist (like I'm being for a variety of reasons this go around on this machine), in order to install the M* Native plugins you have to install Native Access, which appears to also be M* native also, but... it then wants to install the NTK Daemon, which is NOT M* native and requires rosetta.

Someone forgot something on their todo list...

No biggie, I should think, but be aware if you're so inclined.

Edited by zevo

11 hours ago, zevo said:

Perhaps this has been noted somewhere but it was new (and unexpected) to me when reinstalling my M1 MacBook (cleansing it of all work-related everything... ahh, much better):

While a great many things NI are M* native now, note that if you're on a clean system, and are a purist (like I'm being for a variety of reasons this go around on this machine), in order to install the M* Native plugins you have to install Native Access, which appears to also be M* native also, but... it then wants to install the NTK Daemon, which is NOT M* native and requires rosetta.

Someone forgot something on their todo list...

No biggie, I should think, but be aware if you're so inclined.

yah, annoying. all my plugins are silicon-compatible, but some installers need rosetta... 🙄

On 9/7/2023 at 7:26 PM, David Nahmani said:

I would contact them to report the issue and see if they can help you troubleshoot it? 

Hi David.

They did solve it and it wasn't their Sylenth1. 

I deleted Sylenth1 and was still getting that same old error message with no plug-ins installed.

The solution was as follows:

Delete the Logic Pro PLIST file

In Logic Pro, note any custom preference settings that you’ve made, and save any custom key commands that you’ve created.

Quit Logic Pro.

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.

Enter ~/Library/Preferences, then click Go.

Remove the “com.apple.logic10.plist” file from the Preferences folder.

If you upgraded from Logic 9 or earlier to Logic Pro, also remove the “com.apple.logic.pro” file.

Restart your Mac.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...