Which Keyboard controller for Logic?

afavreau

Hi,

I’m looking for a keyboard controller that works well with Logic. Any suggestions? 
My goal is to control Logic and third party audio instruments, not so much the mixer and transport controls. 

This is what I’m looking for: 

1-49 keys or more
2-Synth action. I already have a piano. 
2-Easily switch Logic track
3-Change audio instrument presets
4-Automatic mapping of Smart controls
Etc.

I know the right answer will be individual for each persons workflow but I use a Keystation 61 (it wasn’t much more money and the extra range is handy for piano, orchestral, percussion maps, etc. 

I also have an old Nanokontrol2 that I use for midi CC, transport, etc. 

again, I don’t know what kind of projects you do so I’m just listing what works for me. 

Drew

• Like 1

For instrument control...Nektar, Nektar and Nektar. The Panorama P and T series have the best integration with instruments, literally any automatable parameter is controllable. They come in both 49 and 61 key models. There's also the P1 which is the Panorama P control surface without a keyboard, so can be used alongside any MIDI keyboard you like. 

The LX+ series doesn't go as deep but it's better than the competition. This series comes with 25, 49, 61 or 88 keys.

If you want more details, follow up with me privately.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi, I have just started with Logic Pro. I found this post and would like some help.

If you don't mind I have a question.

I have Panorama P1 and LX25+. I have download all the files etc and got them both working separately. Can they both work at the same time? How does one set that up?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Bboy