Midi keyboard recommendation

dcwailin
Go to solution Solved by enossified,

Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a midi keyboard that tightly integrates with Logic Pro X (currently using ver. 10.5.7).  I'm not a keyboard player, though I dabble.  So I guess the main considerations would be use as a control surface, touch sensitive pads, faders, semi or fully weighted keys, etc.  for studio/music creation use (not live performance).  What midi keyboard would you recommend and why?

Thank you

• Solution

Nektar keyboards offer the deepest integration with Logic on the market. Not only do you get plenty of control over recording and mixing, they also are pre-mapped for the Logic plugins, both instruments and audio FX (but not MIDI FX like the arpeggiator).

I own the Nektar Panorama P6. It’s their flagship, 61 keys. The P4 is the same but only 49 keys. 

The Panorama T6 and T4 are the next step down in price and features.

The Impact LX+ has the widest range of keyboard choices…25, 49, 61 or 88.  It’s the next step down from the Panorama T.  Probably the best bang for your buck of the Nektar lineup. 

Do a search for “Nektar Logic”  at YouTube and you can view quite a few videos about these keyboards like this one.

Edited by enossified
  • Like 2