Controlling Varispeed with Midi Controller Knob or Smart Control Knob

I am using Logic Pro X version 10.7.2. I would like to be able to control the Varispeed (Speed and Pitch mode) percentage with a midi controller ideally, or a smart control knob. I have not been able to map, it seems to not register with learn mode when trying to map it either to a control surface or smart control. What I am looking to do is to be able to live control the playback speed of an audio file loaded on a track with a knob (similar to a record player where the pitch changes as the speed changes). Thanks for any help!

On 6/21/2022 at 3:37 PM, user90283427315d said:

What I am looking to do is to be able to live control the playback speed of an audio file loaded on a track with a knob (similar to a record player where the pitch changes as the speed changes)

I don't think that is something that can't be done in Logic.

LogicPro 10.7.4, MainStage 3.6,
MBPro 17", Core2Duo, 8G, OSX 10.12.6, MacPro, Xeon 6Cores, 64GB, OSX 10.16.1,
ULN8, MOTU MIDI TP-AV, C4, MCU Pro, KorgNano, Novation SLMkII, Several vintage gear
AAS, NI, Celemony, Spectrasonics, Korg, Arturia, etc..., PC, iPadPro 5th gen 12.9”(Duet D., V-Control & LogicRemote), AtariST(Notator SL),