Help with Mapping Control Surface Mode switching.

user90283427315d

I am using Logic Pro X 10.7.2 and an Arturia Minilab mkII. I am trying to map a button from the midi controller to toggle between which Mode the Control Surface is set to. I have found a parameter called Flip Mode, but it doesn't seem to change the mode or maybe I have it mapped wrong? Any help is much appreciated!

5 minutes ago, des99 said:

You need to make the assignment of Class: Mode Change, and then select the Mode you want that assignment to change to in the menu that appears underneath listing them all.

Thanks for the help! Is there any way to have it toggle between the different modes I have set up rather than only being able to switch to a specific one? I have 3 different modes to choose form and only one button

3 minutes ago, user90283427315d said:

Thanks for the help! Is there any way to have it toggle between the different modes I have set up rather than only being able to switch to a specific one? I have 3 different modes to choose form and only one button

Sure. I don't know exactly what you are trying to do, but say, you're in Mode one, and you make an assignment in Mode 1 listens to that button and switches to Mode 2. In Mode 2 you have an assignment that listens to that button and switches to Mode 3. In Mode 3 you have an assignment that listens to that button and switches to Mode 1. Etc...

• 1 month later...

I too am having a little trouble with my first venture into control surfaces and midi mapping. i suspect that I am going to have to learn about midi stuff. More than just the 128 controller numbers. but where to go to get the info? I have just bought the worlds cheapest midi controller, a Donner Starrypad. £55. But if I can get it mapped to logic it will be all I need, for now at least. i find the instruction in the logic user manual impenetrable.