No connection between Logic Remote and Logic Pro

Patrick Beham
Go to solution Solved by elude,

On 3/30/2023 at 8:44 PM, elude said:

This should solve the Problem for some:

Open up the Terminal and run:

sudo /usr/libexEC/ApplicationFirewall/socketfilterfw --unblockapp /Applications/Logic\ Pro\ X.app

This will enable incoming connections for Logic Pro. Up to the newest Version of MacOS (13.3) there seems to be a bug in the GUI of the Firewall-Settings leading to changes never beeing made even though graphically it looks they are.

Hi, I have the exact same problem with @Patrick Beham and tried all the solutions including yours but still no connection is found between Logic Pro and Logic Remote on iPad and iPhone. When I ran your code in Terminal it replied: The application is not part of the firewall

On 6/16/2023 at 7:48 AM, Zeek said:

Hi, I have the exact same problem with @Patrick Beham and tried all the solutions including yours but still no connection is found between Logic Pro and Logic Remote on iPad and iPhone. When I ran your code in Terminal it replied: The application is not part of the firewall

Same for me...

I managed to connect the iPad one time, but then never been able to replicate this successful achievement..

Both my iPad and iPhone try to connect (the dialog shows up and then I can find both devices under control surfaces settings), the track get the coloured header indicating a control surface is connected, and then nothing.

Edited by Vanx

• 4 months later...
On 6/16/2023 at 11:18 AM, Zeek said:

On your Mac, go to settings -> firewall -> Options
Left bottom you will see a + sign. 
Click on that, then browse to applications folder and select logic.
That will add logic to the firewall. Make sure the drop down menu has Allow incoming connections selected.
Hit on OK.

Exit and go to terminal and run the command.
(Worked for me, Cheers)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have the problem too and have tried all of the tips in this post with no success. Both iPhone and iPad remote stopped working this week. They've always worked previously until I updated the iOS software and now remote is broken 😞

I'm currently on:

• Logic 10.8.1
  • macOS 13.6.5
  • ipadOS 17.4
  • iPhone OS 17.3.1

I believe the iOS update that broke it was 17.3, everything worked fine before that. I tried all the firewall stuff, including both the terminal solution and the GUI solutions followed by terminal. Anyone else still having issues? Any other suggestions? I wonder if updating to Sonoma will fix it but I hesitate to do so before all plugins are confirmed compatible. This sucks, I really depend on it for tracking. Please help!!!

Update: I updated all my plugins, in case anything was causing an issue there, and then I turned firewall back off. Finally, it's working again. Not sure if that's because of the plugin updates or the firewall. But to clarify I never had firewall on to begin with and was still having the issue. I only turned it on to be able to apply the firewall fixes suggested in this post, which still didn't work. So I don't know if you need to turn firewall on, then apply the fixes, then turn it back off again, or update plugins, or both, but at least it's working now after spending all day on it 😡

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jalph said:

Update: I updated all my plugins, in case anything was causing an issue there, and then I turned firewall back off. Finally, it's working again. Not sure if that's because of the plugin updates or the firewall. But to clarify I never had firewall on to begin with and was still having the issue. I only turned it on to be able to apply the firewall fixes suggested in this post, which still didn't work. So I don't know if you need to turn firewall on, then apply the fixes, then turn it back off again, or update plugins, or both, but at least it's working now after spending all day on it 😡

Ok well good to hear that at least you somehow got it to work. Thanks for documenting what worked for you here, this may help others in the future. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it stopped working again. No idea why, I hadn't changed anything. I'm considering updating to Sonoma in case that's the issue (currently on Ventura), but I worry about some other compatibility issues or logic instabilities showing up...