Logic remote and "ad hoc" wifi network

swimmer
Go to solution Solved by oscwilde,

Hello everyone. I have an unusual situation with Logic remote. I already know that I have obsolete devices but I hope to be able to find a solution with your help. I can connect to wifi (internet) but sometimes it disconnects from Logic. I therefore created an ad hoc wifi network on the iMac which appears as a device: iPad recognizes it but does not connect to Logic. In this case the message is that Logic Remote cannot find a Mac running Logic. My setup: iMac Mojave 10.4.6 Logic Pro X 10.4.4 iPad2 iOS 9.3.5 Logic Remote 1.3.5; Thanks for your help and I hope you will forgive my basic English

• Solution

I remember older versions having problems with Bluetooth and/or the firewall settings.

An ad-hoc wi-fi network shouldn't be necessary, but when first set up, the firewall will default to block connections....so you need to explicitly change this in the firewall settings (System prefs control panel/security). The security settings also need to be set to allow all connections when using a non ad-hoc network - or you can simply disable the firewall (while testing).
You may also need to grant app permissions in the security settings (on both the ipad/Mac).

Disable Bluetooth on your iPad and disconnect the wi-fi network/reconnect the wi-fi network and see if the connection works.

Let us know if Bluetooth or network changes have an effect (positive or negative or no change).

Thank you. I thought I had already responded to the post yesterday but evidently I must have done something wrong... Using wifi (internet) LogicRemote connects to Logic Pro. I'll try to see if the connection will be more stable by disabling bluetooth and setting the firewall correctly. Unfortunately with the ad hoc connection LR does not connect to LPX even following your advice. I see the LR mixer screen under the connection window on the iPad but the iPad says it can't find any Macs running LPX. Thanks anyway