No connection between Logic Remote and Logic Pro

Patrick Beham
Go to solution Solved by elude,

That's a good idea! I created a new account, and ran Logic in it. But the result was the same. Logic Remote recognizes Logic Pro on the Mac, but won't connect.
Could a conclusion from this (I write this as an experienced Mac user but certainly not as a Mac power user) be that the problem is with Logic-specific Mac settings after all, and not Logic-internal settings?

I know, the dialog appears, when I open up GarageBand (for testing purposes), but it doesn't in Logic. The connection wheel (on the IOS-device) keeps on turning for a while, without effect, an then it stops. I can try it again, but still, it does the same.

Yesterday I had the idea, there might be a connection of the problem with my wifi amplifier (I hope, this is the right word), as my Macbook recently developed problems with it - but with the amplifier switched off Logic remote still doesn't connect.

8 minutes ago, Patrick Beham said:

Yesterday I had the idea, there might be a connection of the problem with my wifi amplifier (I hope, this is the right word), as my Macbook recently developed problems with it - but with the amplifier switched off Logic remote still doesn't connect.

Yes and I don't believe that could be the issue if Logic Remote connects as expected with GarageBand. 

However it could be that the version of Logic Remote you're using is not compatible with the version of Logic Pro you're using (although I would assume you'd get an alert stating so)? But just to check: 

• What Logic Pro version?
  • What Logic Remote version?
  • Like 1

With Logic running, and Logic Remote running, click on the gear icon in the top right corner of Logic Remote. You should see your computer name listed there. (Maybe with a tick by it).

Click on it, and see whether it reconnects. Click again on your listed computer device if necessary in the window that comes up.

If still no joy, have both GB and Logic running, and try this - see whether your computer is listed once for each app, because you are supposed to be able to switch between running apps this way.

12 hours ago, Patrick Beham said:

I understand your point that the wifi is not the problem.
My current versions are for Logic Pro X: 10.7.7 and for Logic Remote 1.5.3

Ok so same versions as me and it works as expected here, so at least we've ruled out any incompatibility between versions. 

Have you tried to trash your control surface preference files (assuming you don't have any other control surface or controller assignments on your Mac)? 

1. Quit Logic.
  2. In the Finder, hold down the Option key while you click the "Go" menu and choose Library.
  3. In the Preferences folder, trash com.apple.logic.pro.cs.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Patrick Beham said:

If I understood you correctly, I have already tried that. Logic Remote will look like the attached picture. GarageBand connects automatically, Logic Pro does not, even after several attempts.

Ok, so it's detecting Logic is running on your network ok. So you click on the top Logic one, and it tries to connect, but nothing happens at Logic's end.

I'm wondering if the notification has been supressed perhaps. Can you add a Logic Remote in the Control Surfaces Setup page manually?