Logic Remote: actions affecting wrong tracks/channels.

Rocky58
Go to solution Solved by oscwilde,

Nice community - I've visited many times before, but this is my first post.

I have a straightforward 16 track project in Logic open and when I open Logic Remote on my iPad it connects smoothly every time.

However, in the mixer screen, Logic Remote always selects the channel one to the right of the channel I tap. This is also reflected on the Logic Pro screen.

So if I tap channel 1, then channel 2 is selected both in Remote and in Logic. Tap on channel 4, then channel 5 is selected in both. I can slide the channel 1 fader on the remote screen, and it looks like the channel one fader moves where I want but in Logic, the track 2 channel strip fader moves..

Other functions seem to work okay: smart controls, virtual keyboard, chord strips, virtual guitar, bass, virtual acoustic drum kit, electronic drum pads, step sequencer etc.

It looks like this is a bug. Does anyone have a fix, or workaround, or can advise me where to report it?

Cheers!

• Ventura 13.6.1 on Intel 5 iMac
  • Logic Pro 10.8.1
  • iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen
  • iPadOS 17.2
  • Logic Remote 1.5.4

7 hours ago, Atlas007 said:

Does the problem occur on a fresh new project (not from an existing template?

BTW, for the record, donyou create the project from within Logic or from Logic Remote?

Thanks for responding..

The odd behavior is persistent and is the same with new projects and existing projects.. 

I don't think you can create a project from Logic Remote, there is a Save Project control but I cannot see anywhere to create a new one.

6 hours ago, oscwilde said:

Do you have a control surface?
If so, what is it?
Is it the only device shown in your Control Surfaces setup window?

Oh wow! Thank you!

I had three items in the setup window. One was a generic Mackie profile, and there was also a previous iteration of the iPad Remote in the window. And of course my currently active Logic Remote (iPad) session.

I deleted all the profiles and then reconnected Logic Remote.

All fixed now. The channels all line up and respond as expected.

Nice job pointing me to the solution!

• Like 3