musical typing & midi keyboard not working

ALEXA GRÆ

Need some help: working on a project and the musical typing keyboard has stopped working, tried to hookup a midi keyboard and it also isn’t working. No signal, no sound. Interestingly when i open up an older project or a brand new one the musical typing and keyboard work fine - seems to be ONLY in this one project. Never had this issue before.

To note: Logic Pro X 10.7.7 and recent update to Ventura 13.3 

I have tried, restarting, bypassing control surfaces, deleting ALL preferences: ~Library/Pref method.

Any thoughts or methods to try???

thanks! 

57 minutes ago, ALEXA GRÆ said:

Need some help: working on a project and the musical typing keyboard has stopped working, tried to hookup a midi keyboard and it also isn’t working. No signal, no sound. Interestingly when i open up an older project or a brand new one the musical typing and keyboard work fine - seems to be ONLY in this one project. Never had this issue before.

To note: Logic Pro X 10.7.7 and recent update to Ventura 13.3 

I have tried, restarting, bypassing control surfaces, deleting ALL preferences: ~Library/Pref method.

Any thoughts or methods to try???

thanks! 

Just checking: are you trying to use the musical typing keyboard on an INSTRUMENT track? Not audio. Is there a software instrument instantiated on the track? Unplug your audio interface if connected for testing. Routing to stereo out? Meters moving? Screenshot of mixer would help. 

840A749A-8181-4C47-8B67-FD22D72A3BCF.thumb.png.2ee9ed7316f596f9de5db4087f716a41.pngthanks Mania -

yes instrument track. not using an audio interface. yes routing to stereo out. meters are not moving. what is absolutely WILD is that I saw your reply, opened up the project again and this time when I added a software instrument the musical typing made sound but within a couple minutes the software instrument stopped working and still no sound on any software instruments or Quick Sampler already in the session. I tried to add a new quick sampler track and import again but no sound or movement of the meter. I  should also clarify that the regions with software instruments work during playback, they just don't respond to musical typing.     

Sorry i am almost out of ideas, hopefully others will chime in. Is it just this project though? How about an empty new project? (not a template).

If everything is fine on a new empty project, then i guess your large problematic project somehow either got corrupted or you recorded some kind of automation, maybe pressed a shortcut key combo accidentally? 

Go to the environment page, and check if your musical typing keyboard is connected when you experience the problem...i am not an ENVIRONMENT guy, but others might help out. 

1 hour ago, Mania said:

Go to the environment page, and check if your musical typing keyboard is connected when you experience the problem

Yes, that's something that I would double-check as well, make sure that there's no custom cabling in the MIDI Environment that may be affecting the routing of the MIDI notes from the Musical Typing window to the instrument. 

Also, is the instrument track R-enabled? We can't see it on your screenshot. 

Another test you can run is to select Logic Pro > Control Surfaces > Bypass All Control Surfaces to make sure that the MIDI notes aren't interpreted as control surfaces assignments by Logic Pro. 

This is normally rather straight-forward so I'm confident we should be able to help you resolve this issue.