Logic RANDOMLY opens up 'Live Loops' - BUG?

TreborTrade

Live Loops randomly opens up during session. I can't recreate the problem, but this keeps happening enough to make it annoying. I disabled all the hotkeys to open Live Loops, but it happens without any keyboard input. I don't have to even be using the keyboard or mouse to trigger it, the session could just be on and it still happens. 

Does anyone else have this bug, or know how to potentially fix it? I tried looking for a way to just disable live loops altogether since I don't use it, but I don't think that can be done. 

This doesn't happen on any old projects, and it's only started doing this recently. It also opens up my global tempo for some reason. And as you can see in the vid, it spams it. (Opens/Closes it rapidly.) 

Logic Pro 10.6.3

MacOS 10.15.7

Late 2012 Mac Mini. 

LogicLiveLoopsBUG.gif.bc62cee8ea09145c9d09a895b5edadc6.gif

Edited by TreborTrade

Search open/close and also click the "conflicts" filter button (without a search term).
Just trying to establish if the same command is assigned to both the QWERTY keyboard/the controller.
It is likely that you'll see things like Mute/Solo/Transport etc. will be assigned to both....but just want to establish if any window-related commands are also assigned to both control sources (QWERTY/MIDI).

OK.
Looks like the problem isn't a key command conflict.

Which version is your LK61 (Mk1, Mk2, Mk3)....and does it have built-in DAW support / use a script for DAW support?
Is DAW support specific to Logic X, Logic Pro, or MCU/HUI....if applicable?
....or....
Are you just using the LK as a MIDI controller/in another "user" mode?

I might be barking up the wrong tree here, but random stuff happening inside Logic (or any DAW) is occasionally caused by commands sent from controllers. Sometimes these can be individual buttons or particular combos (Shift+button) that users press to set split points, transpose or arpeggiator mode, etc. buttons that happen to transmit a MIDI (or potentially Unicode character) - and the DAW responds accordingly.

I think you're going in the right direction. It's an mk1 and I've only used it as a MIDI controller, I just looked it up and it does have some software/script I can download.

I didn't even know this existed, but do you think these softwares can have the answer? Give me more control over the MIDI to stop it from "key-commanding" my projects? 

https://downloads.novationmusic.com/novation/launchpad-mk1/launchpad-mini-mk1 - midi driver

https://downloads.novationmusic.com/novation/launchkey-mk1/launchkey-61-mk1 - script

That is amazing. I just set up, and it feels like I'm seeing a new color for the first time. From here, downloading more software can give me access over the MIDI's "key-commands"? 

I'm reading through the manual now as well, but in my limited understanding - one of the keys, faders, knobs, etc. is telling Logic to open up Live Loops? 

28 minutes ago, TreborTrade said:

downloading more software can give me access over the MIDI's "key-commands"? 

No, this sort of functionality is built in to Logic.
You can manually assign key commands to buttons on your controller.
Read up before trying this sort of thing...start here:
https://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10.4/#/lgcp32e85cd9

28 minutes ago, TreborTrade said:

I'm reading through the manual now as well, but in my limited understanding - one of the keys, faders, knobs, etc. is telling Logic to open up Live Loops? 

Possibly, yes.
If you've set up your keyboard per the HUI etc. instructions in the doc linked above, this operating mode may completely circumvent the Live Loops problem or there "may" be a button on the LK front panel that (coincidentally) does this.
I don't own a LK Mk1 device, so can't answer this conclusively.
I do have a LK mini Mk3, and it provides some control of Logic functions using a built-in mapping mode/scripting...which I customized in both Logic/the mapping utility provided by Novation....to meet my needs. I use the drum pads as buttons to open/close plug-in windows, to open/close particular editors, for extra transport functions, and to navigate markers as this is how I prefer to work when out of the studio.
In studio, I use different controllers, but the LK mini is very portable/convenient when out and about.
I'd assume the LK Mk1 provides similar options - in Logic - but not sure if there is a config/mapping utility from Novation for it.

Edited by oscwilde

I getchu, I love how you use that mk3 with logic. I used the HUI setup, and it seems every button on the mk1 is used as intended. There wasn't one dial/knob, etc. that pulled up live loops. Which is good. 

I started to look at the 'controller assignments' and I assume the problem lies in there, right? 

The only way Live Loops can even come up, is through a shortcut? The "Show/Hide" or "Open/Close" commands ("Live Loop" commands as well) 

Or put another way, the only things I need to be looking at to troubleshoot this, would be those specific key commands?

(It's just this MIDI controller could be assigned to one of those commands.)

*Assuming the problem persists, right. I think the HUI setup, could've very well placed things in their correct spots. 

It's just like I said earlier, it seemed to happen randomly. So I can't conclude it's fixed yet. 

Edited by TreborTrade

AFAIK, there's no "default" key command assigned to Live Loops, but there are "focus" commands for various windows. There are also different key command sets, so it's possible one of these is active?

For now, just experiment with/enjoy the HUI/LK integration and work out what you want to do with Logic/how you want to use it....and then look at assigning buttons (or pads) to functions.
ATM, Logic does support the use of a LaunchPad for triggering LiveLoops, but don't believe this works with the LK devices.
I don't use LiveLoops much but when I do, use either an iPad or LaunchPad for control.
This works for me but YMMV.