LP 10.6.3 Essential Sound Library -failed-

Nipper
Go to solution Solved by Nipper,

Hello everyone.

I downloaded all the Logic Pro Sound Library with Logic Pro 10.7 and it works well, but for reasons of compatibility with other computers/users i have to use Logic Pro 10.6

When I open with LP 10.6.3 I can use all the sound library but every single time it tries to download 322 kb of Essential Sound Library, without success. I've read tons of topics about issues with the sound library, but i can't find a solution that works for me.

How can I get rid of this behaviour? Is there any way to avoid the program trying to install it every time it starts?

I am on macOS Monterey 12.6.1

Thank you very much

Captura de Pantalla 2023-04-20 a las 12.01.30.png

Hi Nipper,

You absolutely need to install at the very least the Essential Sounds package otherwise Logic will continue to bug you about it indefinitely.

You can try to manually download and install at least the Essential Sounds package. I like David Teren's solution for this:

https://github.com/davidteren/lpx_links

Basically you copy paste and the command from David's Github repository from your terminal and it will generate a couple of text files with links you can use to manually download the packages. One of the resulting text files will be called "mandatory_download_links.txt" and that's the one that contains the Essential Sounds stuff.

J.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jordi Torres said:

You absolutely need to install at the very least the Essential Sounds package otherwise Logic will continue to bug you about it indefinitely.

If I understand @Nipper's post correctly, he already installed the entire Apple Sound Library in Logic 10.7, but continues to be bugged about the essential sounds when opening Logic 10.6.3. 

35 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

If I understand @Nipper's post correctly, he already installed the entire Apple Sound Library in Logic 10.7, but continues to be bugged about the essential sounds when opening Logic 10.6.3. 

Hey David, You’re right. I misread what Nipper wrote and thought he was running 10.6.3 in other computers 😅

J.

Exactly. The Essential Sounds and actually the whole library is installed and running correctly in both Logic 10.6 and 10.7

The issue is that with Logic 10.6.3 (i use this on daily basis for compatibility with other people) it keeps prompting and trying to install this 322 Kb of Essential Sounds EVERY TIME i start the program (several times per day, in my case).

• Solution

Hi David. I finally solved it with a bit weird workaround. I don't think this solution may work for everybody, but this is how i did it to stop the error message:

I have another computer that is still runing mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), wich had previously installed Logic 10.4. I upgraded this to Logic 10.6.3, updated the Sound Library and then copied it.

Finally i erased all the content on the "Library" folder on my new computer, and replaced it with the Library content coming from my old computer.

Now the Sound Library content is the same but error message is not showing up anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nipper said:

Now the Sound Library content is the same but error message is not showing up anymore.

Great. It's a bit annoying that we have to jump through hoops in order to make these things behave but at least you found a solution that works for you, and that's what matters. Thanks for sharing it, as it could very well help someone else. 🙂