Can I use Phat FX plugin for saturate the orchestral music ?

axect

I want to add warm to my instruments sound. I made an orchestra music so my instruments are strings, woodwinds etc. Can  I use Phat FX for adding warm to sounds because I think Logic doesn't have stock tape saturation plugin ?

41 minutes ago, Atlas007 said:

As @fisherking said, don’t be shy, experiment beyond conventions! Creativity is your key to innovation and serendipity…

You are absolutely right but many times, I'm afraid to try it because of what If I ruin everything thought. I have to get rid of this opinion...

21 hours ago, axect said:

You are absolutely right but many times, I'm afraid to try it because of what If I ruin everything thought. I have to get rid of this opinion...

If you are to walk on unsafe grounds, you could back up your project (and all its assets) in a safe place (out of your computer) and then experiment with a copy of that project.

Anyhow, that backup approach is highly advisable (ifnot mandatory all the time) when working onto something valuable, isn’t?

• Like 1

if i want to try something destructive, i work on a copy of my project... always. i just now did a severe edit of a song intro.... my collabs & i decided we liked it, and it's now the main file (& i deleted the other).

anyway, easy to make a dupe and work on that, as @Atlas007 suggests; experimentation is always worthwhile... 👍

Edited by fisherking
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, axect said:

This has already been mentioned, but it's worth emphasizing the distinction between destructive and non-destructive operations. You can do a lot of experimentation in non-destructive ways, where reverting is as easy as bypassing a plugin or deactivating some automation.

Not everyone likes these features, but I'll also mention both project and track alternatives as tools for 'safe' experimentation and exploration. For nondestructive form experiments, invert/skip cycle mode is useful (arrangement markers are another option). Track/group duplication, track hiding, track on/off (as opposed to muting), and other features can also make it easier to experiment without 'messing things up'. (This might all seem obvious, but sometimes I discover fairly obvious features I was unaware of, or that I was aware of but wasn't getting the most out of, so it seems reasonable to enumerate some of the available options.)

And then of course good backup practices on top of all that, as has been mentioned.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, scg said:

And then of course good backup practices on top of all that, as has been mentioned.

As soon as you start getting something valuable you’d be sorry to lose… (regardless of the non-destructive or destructive edition you plan to do)

(sorry to be redundant but better be safe than sorry)

• Like 1