Deleting score sets

NotaBene

In some of my projects, I am unable to delete score sets. I can insert and delete instruments to and from sets, and I can rename sets, but the Edit item from the first menu doesn't work. I wonder why that is and how it could be fixed.

Edited by NotaBene
  • Like 1

• NotaBene changed the title to Deleting score sets

not sure what from the first edit item means.  Score sets are displayed in the left column. To delete one  you do the following...

1/ highlight the score set and press the del key on the keyboard or

2/ highlight the score se, go to the "new" dropdown and then select delete set. 

The edit menu is meant for elements of the score set - not the score set itself.  

hope that helps.

• Like 1

Greg, I'm having the same issue. Notabene's file illustrates it. I cannot delete the score set "Delete this" in 10.7.8, but when I open the same file in 10.7.2, I can delete it.  

I tried to duplicate the bug on a fresh file, but there I could delete the score sets as usual even in 10.7.8.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Plowman said:

Greg, I'm having the same issue. Notabene's file illustrates it. I cannot delete the score set "Delete this" in 10.7.8, but when I open the same file in 10.7.2, I can delete it.  

Yes, same here, even in 10.7.7 it still works, so this is new in 10.7.8

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 1

Yes and I confirm as well. I tried several tricks to attempt to remove the score set in 10.7.8 and was unable to do so as well. Not sure if it is a corruption in the file or an issue on projects created in earlier versions and opened in the current version with a bug.  I will move this to the bugs sections. 

• Like 1

I tried an end-around. I opened a file in 10.7.7, and I deleted extraneous score sets there. I re-opened that file in 10.7.8, and when I tried "Show Score Sets," this is what happened. 

ScoreSetCannotBeOpened10.7.8.gif.630c52bc390501e0f1497f863c205481.gif

Logic thinks I have a Score Set called "Show / Hide Score Sets." 

Pee-dee-ful. 

My solution? Um, stop trying to delete score sets. Let them proliferate happily, like rabbits in a verdant field of parsley. 

• Love 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've just come here searching for the solution having same problem. I can't upgrade to beyond 10.7.9 as my iMAC is 7 years old and must now be chucked in a skip! Anyone know if this was fixed in 10.8? (I'd need a new laptop to prove it).

Thanks to all for reporting though, useful to know it ain't just me..

Edited by Gridscape

On 1/13/2024 at 6:53 PM, Gridscape said:

I've just come here searching for the solution having same problem. I can't upgrade to beyond 10.7.9 as my iMAC is 7 years old and must now be chucked in a skip! Anyone know if this was fixed in 10.8? (I'd need a new laptop to prove it).

Thanks to all for reporting though, useful to know it ain't just me..

It's fixed in 10.8.1, I just checked with the example project posted above

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gridscape said:

Thanks polonoid that’s good news. Okay next step new kit then…

No need to hurry, if what you’ve got still does the job. But yess the AS macs are nice - the only time I’ve managed to overload mine is with a program that shouldn’t do it - and the supplier of that is aware (and working on resolution) of the issue.

• Like 1