Logic Pro 10.7.9 is out!

des99
Message added by David Nahmani,

Previous version update release notes: 

4 minutes ago, zipb said:

10.7.8 fixed one thing from 10.7.7 for me, but broke a couple of others. 1 step forward, 2 steps backward. I stayed on .8 because the step forward for me was bigger than the 2 steps back.

An upgrade is not necessarily better for a random user. Logic is everything and the kitchen sink, stuff gets fixed, stuff breaks and you might never notice it, or it may be a showstopper bug or really important fix for you.

I never use the newer clips(is that what it is called?) stuff so if that breaks or gets fixed I won't even notice. 

Or timecode stuff. Haven't used tc in 20 years. Or score display and editing. Haven't used that since the Notator days.

The built-in synths(ES1, ES2, the Logic drumcomputers etc). It would probably take weeks before I would notice if they took them out.

I'm still on Intel and will be for a while so all Mx improvements go unnoticed.

Anyway, it's not a problem at all. I keep older versions around so if I can just go back if I don't like the new version.

there's one logic for everyone, no one is a 'random user'. and many of us thrive on new features & options. what's essential for you is no more important that what's essential for anyone else. so we all get to make the best of what there is, to get thru the bugs or issues we have to face... and life goes on 👍

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, guavadude said:

What's the PDC issue? I haven't had that but still on 10.7.7. 

It is an issue, where the plugin delay compensation of channel strips get messed up, when using external sidechain-inputs in certain plugins like a compressor (in combination with time-based FX on the same channel), therefore the delay compensation getting out of time in proportion to the amount of latency, the other plugins on the channel are inducing (like Limiters or Linear Phase EQs for example). Its a long existing bug (4+ years minimum), but Apple seems to just not have the ability to fix it, otherwise they probably would have done it already. At least i hope, it is not a matter of disinterest from their side, because for me it is by far the most annoying bug in Logic's entire history. 

• Love 1

12 hours ago, 88keys said:

I find it interesting that, in the official release notes, there is a fix for an issue that comes up specifically with Fab Filter Pro Q. 

I would say this is a sign Apple is willing to work with app developers if there is shortcomings on iOS Audio Units from their side. I believe this is to encourage companies to port to iOS Audio Units as it shows when Apple needs to step in they will. If I were a developer I would think this is a sign of good faith. 

loving the update so so much. This is a really solid amount of bug fixes well worth the wait. They got all the ones that I wanted that I assumed would be fixed at least. I don’t think pdc bug will be changed outside of a major upgrade such as 10.7.9 - 10.8 or 11.

that being said I’m sending to a bus that’s being side chained on logics compressor with another track and using the gate in step fx and I’m personally not seeing the lack of compensation I saw in the past? Can someone smarter then me take a look? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Q420 said:

I would say this is a sign Apple is willing to work with app developers if there is shortcomings on iOS Audio Units from their side. I believe this is to encourage companies to port to iOS Audio Units as it shows when Apple needs to step in they will. If I were a developer I would think this is a sign of good faith.

Apple has always done this, btw.

• Like 1

FYI: I just encountered an interesting bug in the App Store. If you have more than one valid "Apple-ID," as I do as a software developer, you may encounter "a series of very strange dialog boxes (four of them in a row)" if you happen to enter the wrong one when attempting to update an application [such as Logic]. 

The proffered ID turns out to be the correct one: do not change it. The exchange that you will see, should you enter the wrong Apple-ID and its corresponding correct password, is both nonsensical and does not directly tell you what went wrong.

This issue – whatever it was – apparently also impacted the "nightly application update" process for the past two days. I received no notification of the problem when I returned to my computer the next morning.

I just reported these issues to Apple Support and they accepted them without question.

Edited by MikeRobinson

20 hours ago, mgstatic91 said:

The colors still being swapped for freeze mode is annoying.

Don't hold your breath for this ever being changed back again though. It's an intentional change, the (remaining) bug was the online documentation (and has been fixed for 10.7.9):

image.thumb.png.e2e1c497f8c1e786b5c5d48ecb558f27.png

Time to stop being annoyed and get used to the new colors!

EDIT: As I just proved myself with the screenshot above, the documentation is still wrong, duh...

Edited by polanoid

maybe found a bug although I'm newer to this feature so it could be an already existing bug from a previous update. 

loading a plugin in dual mono and going to the little triple dot icon and changing it from stereo to mid side. the left and right channels appear still as L and R and dont switch to M and S until you either toggle one or switch back to the plugin view and go back to the plugin triple dot window thing. can anyone confirm if this is a bug before I submit the report? I dont want my lack of knowledge to waste the devs time. 

Edited by Q420
clarity im still dyslexic so good luck.

Not sure if this was Logic's behavior before, but on main menu "File/Import/Logic projects..." in 10.7.9, track automation is not imported on 3rd party plugins. I've confirmed this on multiple plugin companies that are M1 native such as UAD, Fab Filter, and Airwindows.

• Wow! 2

13 hours ago, icalone said:

Not sure if this was Logic's behavior before, but on main menu "File/Import/Logic projects..." in 10.7.9, track automation is not imported on 3rd party plugins. I've confirmed this on multiple plugin companies that are M1 native such as UAD, Fab Filter, and Airwindows.

This does seem to the the case. 😟 I haven't checked earlier versions, but if importing data with automation is part of anyone's workflow, my suggestion would be to do this in an earlier version that works, then go back to 10.7.9 to work.

8 minutes ago, des99 said:

I only did one quick test, and it was with a third-party software instrument track (Repro1) and filter cutoff automation, not with an audio track, if it makes a difference...

I don't have that plugin, but it still works for me when importing third party software instrument automation:

ThirdPartyPlugautoImportInst.thumb.gif.f10a91855932f327565b35fb2d93e2d6.gif

J.

12 minutes ago, icalone said:

Good to hear it's working for you, Jordi.  That means there's hope:)

I don't know. Last time I was not affected by this one either:

On 7/11/2023 at 9:59 PM, David Nahmani said:

Auto-colorize tracks now works for Software Instrument tracks as expected.

Main difference I can see between my setup and those of others that are affected is that I'm still on an Intel Mac. But I'm not sure if that could actually be the reason.

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
typo
  • Like 3