Logic Pro 10.7.9 is out!

des99
Message added by David Nahmani,

Previous version update release notes: 

5 hours ago, Sonically said:

Anyone having graphics issues with labeling in the mixer? Sometimes tracks take on other tracks' names, and then revert randomly. Sometimes a trackstack of busses is closed and has the wrong label, and when I open it, it reverts to the right name.. This never happened before this update. It's the only bug I've noticed... Graphic GUI bugs. Labels on tracks changing names in the mixer randomly, and occasionally in the arrange window. Anyone else? 

A bug I'm sure, as the rest of my system is pristine. All was good til this update. Curious if anyone else is scratching their head as well.

the only time i've seen track names take other track names is with a logic project import, and also... only in the mixer. what OS are you running? (i thought this problem was exclusive to the sonoma betas).

anyway, wondering if we have something in common with out setups...

7 hours ago, Sonically said:

Anyone having graphics issues with labeling in the mixer? Sometimes tracks take on other tracks' names, and then revert randomly. Sometimes a trackstack of busses is closed and has the wrong label, and when I open it, it reverts to the right name.. This never happened before this update. It's the only bug I've noticed... Graphic GUI bugs. Labels on tracks changing names in the mixer randomly, and occasionally in the arrange window. Anyone else? 

A bug I'm sure, as the rest of my system is pristine. All was good til this update. Curious if anyone else is scratching their head as well.

Yep, noticed that here too.

6 hours ago, fisherking said:

so, not just a logic-on-sonoma issue? again, tho, the only issue i've experienced is track names copied in the mixer with a logic project import; no other graphics issues.

what mac, what OS are u guys on?

I’m on a Mac Mini M1. Latest Logic, Latest Monterey. 

On 7/19/2023 at 4:56 AM, Atlas007 said:

Have you considered cleaning your project before saving?

I always struggle with wanting to create a template from a Logic session I’m using and not have the audio be included in the template. Is using Cleanup the best way to accomplish this? It always scares me having to delete everything from the session. I don’t know why Logic can’t have an option to not include any content when saving a template like ProTools has. 

29 minutes ago, guavadude said:

I always struggle with wanting to create a template from a Logic session I’m using and not have the audio be included in the template. Is using Cleanup the best way to accomplish this?

No. Open the Project Audio Browser, and delete all references to audio files from the browser (do not delete the audio files themselves if you intend to keep them in the current session). Then save as template, and close your project without saving it (so that the project itself keeps those references intact). 

This is a bit scary to perform though so I would recommend you first have all your backups in place, and personally would even recommend a safer workflow such as: 

1. Choose File > Save As and save a copy of your project file inside the current project folder, naming it "nameofproject-template" for example. 
  2. Open the Project Audio browser, select all and press Delete. If you get an alert asking if you want to keep the audio files make sure you select Keep. If you don't get an alert, then files will be kept as expected. 
  3. Choose File > Save As Template. 
  • Like 3

Just revisited LP10(went back using 9 for a while now) with 10.7.9 release. The devs FINALLY included bank and program change settings with the External Inst plugin!! Is it a  .7.9 thing or was it there for a while now?? No more workarounds to send program and bank changes to external synths!! It’s always the little things that have more impact on the workflow!! Thanks Apple/eMagic devs!!

6 minutes ago, Mania said:

If Apple needs to issue a bug fix update  in the near future will it be 10.7.9.1 ??? 😀 

We know there are still bugs in 10.7.9..

10.8 might be around the corner probably with the new MacOS in September/October. 

Who knows, it might very well be v.11… 🫥

19 minutes ago, Mania said:

If Apple needs to issue a bug fix update  in the near future will it be 10.7.9.1 ??? 😀 

We know there are still bugs in 10.7.9..

10.8 might be around the corner probably with the new MacOS in September/October. 

there are always bugs. but no reason to assume apple will change it's update-naming convention; so the next update (with some new bugs 🙄) will be either 10.8... or 11 (which, of course, would mean a lot of new features... and bugs 🤣)...

1 hour ago, Mania said:

If Apple needs to issue a bug fix update  in the near future will it be 10.7.9.1 ???

The next number after 9 is 10, so, either, 10.7.10, or, if it's a feature update (which we suspect is coming before too long, based on the new additions to the iPad version), 10.8, or 11.0 (if they move to a subscription model, for licensing reasons).

1 hour ago, Mania said:

As per all their other software over the past two decades, it would be 10.7.10 — unless there's enough changes to warrant a 10.8 release, or even an 11.0. 

On 7/11/2023 at 8:30 PM, des99 said:

Update notes to follow when they are released.

(Just says "stability improvements and bug fixes" in the App Store right now.)

Fingers crossed for a lot of fixes for common issues we've seen here recently...

Reminder: back up your current version of the app *before* updating.

lpx.gif.7ed99623ae227900faf79050bbf11b4d.gif

Hi des99.

Apologies as this is off topic, but how do you make those videos? I can never get mine small enough to post on the site.

Thanks.

I imagine it's been mentioned by now but I'm consistently losing keyboard focus after resizing a third party GUI. If I resize, I can no longer enter data into the plugin directly. This doesn't happen with the stock plugins I tested but is happening very consistently with several third party plugins.

This includes Kontakt 7 and I can't use it's search function after resizing. This also includes just opening up different libraries that have different sized skins. Once the size of Kontakt changes, it loses focus until I close and reopen the GUI. 

1 hour ago, des99 said:

There are ongoing keyboard focus issues with various plugins running out of process on Apple silicon, unfortunately. Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it soon enough...

have not experienced any such issues with 3rd-party plugins (even after resizing a window). just mentioning...

On 7/28/2023 at 1:15 AM, Sonically said:

I'm experiencing this same issue, tracks taking on other tracks names randomly and it's so frustrating. Anyone figure out a fix or workaround?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aphroditekk said:

I'm experiencing this same issue, tracks taking on other tracks names randomly and it's so frustrating. Anyone figure out a fix or workaround?

seems to be a bug that apple will have to fix (i've reported it). for me, the problem only happens when i import another logic project; those channels (in the mixer ONLY) repeat the names of other tracks, and can't be changed (in the mixer).

hopefully, a fix soon.......

• Like 2

In 10.7.8 we were supposed to get a input monitoring button for software instrument tracks and it didn't show up. Now on 10.7.9, nothing either. This is weird, they announce a feature that never gets implemented lol. Did this button show up for anyone?

31 minutes ago, rafesco said:

This is weird, they announce a feature that never gets implemented lol.

It's possible that at the last minute, some problem with that feature cropped up (possibly with the changes in the record enable/track selection behaviour for MIDI instruments), and they pulled it from the build after the update notes had been published.

It might return when the time is right...

23 hours ago, GeeMan said:

I'm getting logic starting to play an selected instantiated Alchemy patch when I switch to logic from another program... Like a c0 note or something. It stops the moment I select something else or hit play.
It seems to be doing it on whatever is selected.

unplug all midi devices. does the problem still persist? could be a midi controller sending a signal from a bad part or just out right bad design (arcade button midi controllers looking at you for the latter).