Logic Pro 10.7.9 is out!

des99
Message added by David Nahmani,

Previous version update release notes: 

1 hour ago, analogika said:

Okay, NOW it’s official.

Most likely for launching Macs, it's unusual for ProApps to get time in those events.

*If* they are launching new Macbook Pros (rumour), then possibly they might have a "pro" story and show Logic and FCP in that context, but otherwise, a Logic update would have to be a *really* big one to get a showcase at an event, imo.

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, des99 said:

Most likely for lauching Macs, it's unusual for ProApps to get time in those events.

*If* they are launching new Macbook Pros (rumour), then possibly they might have a "pro" story and show Logic and FCP in that context, but otherwise, a Logic update would have to be a *really* big one to get a showcase at an event, imo.

Agreed. Would be nice to see LPX11 though... even though I suspect it would be bug ridden for a year before being reliable lol

Yes to both of the above. The event announcement morphs between an Apple logo and the Mac's Finder smiley face. 

I think we can safely assume it's going to be new Macs, and unless there is something new in the hardware that is super useful to us audio nerds in particular, there is virtually zero chance of Logic making an appearance — or of scheduling any kind of release alongside the new machines. 

No such hardware features have been rumoured, so I'm going with "irrelevant" — unless you're waiting for a new iMac or hoping to buy a new MacBook before the end of the fiscal year, of course. 

12 minutes ago, analogika said:

Yes to both of the above. The event announcement morphs between an Apple logo and the Mac's Finder smiley face. 

I think we can safely assume it's going to be new Macs, and unless there is something new in the hardware that is super useful to us audio nerds in particular, there is virtually zero chance of Logic making an appearance — or of scheduling any kind of release alongside the new machines. 

No such hardware features have been rumoured, so I'm going with "irrelevant" — unless you're waiting for a new iMac or hoping to buy a new MacBook before the end of the fiscal year, of course. 

Unless they wanna showcase logics new ability to run TEN THOUSAND tracks on a new m3.... ????

2 hours ago, roli said:

I've been a logic user for twenty-seven years. The fact that apple gives me sleepless nights with every update (os and app) has made me say goodbye to logic.Since two weeks I'm satisfied reaper user.

why sleepless nights? i've run every OS and app update (including all the OS betas) for years, and sleep soundly. anyway, good luck in that perfect world of reaper... 🤔

I just saw that the title of Apple's event for Monday is "Scary Fast." Apparently a nod to Halloween AND it's assumed, a new M3 chip. But I think there's a third meaning in there: In the new Logic version the default tempo for all projects will be 240 bpm. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 88keys said:

I just saw that the title of Apple's event for Monday is "Scary Fast." Apparently a nod to Halloween AND it's assumed, a new M3 chip. But I think there's a third meaning in there: In the new Logic version the default tempo for all projects will be 240 bpm. 

Since the rumours are of an iMac update and new 14"/16" MacBooks Pro: 

I don't think the M3 Pro/Max chips are ready yet. So maybe a super fast M2 Pro/Max iMac, and "scary" just new "Pro" colours for the 14"/16" — now in Midnight, like the stunningly beautiful MacBook Air? 

I'm not expecting that they feature Logic at the event - I think they've done that maybe once or twice in recent years. But I am expecting them to drop an update on that day, like they've done occasionally on event days. For example, the one I can think of - the Apple event held on 10/18/21 where Logic 10.7 (the one with Dolby Atmos) was released the same day. 

• Like 1

I think it’s safe to say we are for sure going to see m3 imacs and possibly even MacBook pros. Last year they wanted to release the mac books around Halloween but there was a delay in production so they didn’t put the video out till January of the announcement. But the film style was 100% to be included in a keynote event yes it’s speculation but pretty iron clad just watch the m2 MacBook Pro announcement yourself and you’ll see what I mean. 

on a side note it’s kinda funny how eager we all get from a single speculation video that has zero merit and we all know it has zero merit. It even made me put on my tin foil hat. I would say all 3 of my favorite Logic Pro YouTubers have drastically slowed upload amount and another logic based edm submit library artist I love has made a come back on YouTube in the last month. I don’t want to name names because I don’t want people commenting on their videos. But even with this tin foil hat if we don’t see an update on Monday I wouldn’t expect anything till 2024 maybe even late Q1 or early q2. 

On 10/25/2023 at 9:44 PM, analogika said:

Logic going Apple Silicon-only won't happen until maybe a year after the OS drops Intel. 

well, they have announced that the transition is complete, and... they could differentiate features as being Apple Silicon only, or... latest generation only, something they do on the iOS, iPadOS, tvOS and darn near everything else they make.

thing is, there is just is no parallel on the Intel side of the house for what's on AS devices, and if Intel machines could have not held them back on innovation, they wouldn't have switched/transitioned.

I'm expecting a differentiation, what currently runs won't break, but... Intel, heck even AU format will more or less freeze and the truly innovative stuff goes and makes use of other things on the AS SoC that only exist on that architecture.

we'll just have to wait and see!

2 hours ago, Stoobysnax said:

Need advice.... I am on Monterey. Everything is working great.

I'm very scared to upgrade to Ventura and then have issues... esp since I'm very busy right now with multiple projects.

What is everyones experience on Ventura?

I've skipped straight to Sonoma and my experience has been great so far. 

If you're very busy with multiple projects however what I'd recommend is that you purchase an inexpensive external SSD (I did this myself with a 500GB Samsung T7) and install Sonoma and Logic 10.8 on that. 

Now you can start your Mac as usual to work in Monterey or start from the SSD to experiment with Sonoma/10.8 until you deem it's ready for prime time and install it on the main machine. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stoobysnax said:

I'm very scared to upgrade to Ventura and then have issues... esp since I'm very busy right now with multiple projects.

2 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

what I'd recommend is that you purchase an inexpensive external SSD (I did this myself with a 500GB Samsung T7) and install Sonoma and Logic 10.8 on that. 

If the internal drive is large enough – I know, it rarely is, I know… – you can create a volume with Disk Utility on the fly and install Sonoma – or Ventura for that matter – on that. Unlike "old school" HFS+ partitions, APFS volumes have flexible sizes so you're not going to lose much of your main volume.

• Like 2