Audio Live Loop length changes based on selected patch

I thought I'd further explore the Live Loops feature in Logic, so I recorded some guitar, selected a region to loop and copied that part of the region to a Live Loop cell, which worked as expected.

Then I decided I wanted a different guitar sound, so I selected a few from the Library and weirdness ensued -- as shown in the video, with each newly selected patch on track 1, the cycle length changes. Some patches remove the waveform display but you still hear it. This is on 10.8.1 on Sonoma 14.2.1. On 10.7.9 the loop length doesn't change but the disappearing waveform still happens in certain patches.

Changing patches of a running loop doesn't seem to be a problem with software instruments. Is this a known issue I've overlooked?

Edited by exmachina

I realize that my initial post was a bit scattershot, so I've created two new demos to show the problem focusing on the loop disruption. The first is with Logic 10.8.1 demonstrating the problem and the second is the project running w/o problem in 10.7.9. 

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by exmachina

I guess the workarounds include deciding upon and sticking with your amp/efx choice for the audio before turning it into a Live Loop, or bouncing the loop back to the tracks view in order to preview different effects settings and then re-adding to the Live Loops section.