Export regions in mono with automation

slipperhero

Hi folks, I think I've found a bug in relation to exporting regions from mono tracks with "Include Volume/Pan automation included" enabled. 

Now I know that in order to export a mono file you need to route the track to a mono output (Output->Mono->Output 1 for instance), and then you can export regions as mono files with the volume automation. I've done this successfully many times.
However, the thing I've just discovered is that if you have any plugins inserted on the track whatsoever (mono plugins of course), the exported files will be stereo. I would have perhaps expected this behaviour if the plugin inserted on the track was a stereo instance of the plugin, but as you can see in the attached video, I'm simply adding a mono instance of Channel EQ. So the track should still be completely mono right, and as such not effect the result of the export?

If anybody has any idea how to get around this, or can see something I'm doing wrong, please let me know, otherwise I'm pretty sure this is a bug. Very annoying as I have hundreds of mono regions with volume automation I need to export.

Many thanks in advance.

Here's a video illustrating the issue: 

Just to clarify:

Mac Studio M1 Max
Logic 10.7.4 (also reproduced the issue in 10.7.9)

Thanks for the suggestion polanoid, but as soon as I route the mono track to an Aux channel (rather than mono Output 1), the files are exported as stereo, with or without plugins on the Aux channel.
Also the exported files aren't exported through the plugins inserted on the Aux track, as I expected they wouldn't be as the export function just looks at the channel strip the regions are on as far as I believe.