Logic Pro 10.8 is out now!

David Nahmani
Message added by David Nahmani,

For an overview of how to use the new features in Logic Pro 10.8, read the following article: 

3 minutes ago, 60s Pop Man said:

Yes, in terms of function as you described. But at a glance, it is a labeled area in the GUI layout. 

Correct.

And now that I'm using it I realize that the Mastering plug-in is unique anyway, in that it triggers an analysis when you first insert it, so I suppose it makes sense to have its own unique way to insert the plug-in. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

the Mastering plug-in is unique anyway, in that it triggers an analysis when you first insert it, so I suppose it makes sense to have its own unique way to insert the plug-in. 

That makes sense!

In the Inspector, various slots are labeled. In the Mixer, slot labels are in the left edge so no need for text in the slots except for Input and Output. Instrument (Inst) in the Input category and Mastering in its own category, do have text labels. Again, useful visual cues for me.

Edited by 60s Pop Man
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, des99 said:

Who's gonna win this update's first "this bug in the fixed list isn't actually fixed, roll on 10.8.1" prize..?

More like: here’s the list of bugs (new and old) we introduced with 10.8 that we plan on fixing in 10.8.1. That would be nice 😂

That being said this seems like a massive update with a very long list of stability and bug fixes. And I like what I have seen so far so it won’t be long before I hit update. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, des99 said:

Who's gonna win this update's first "this bug in the fixed list isn't actually fixed, roll on 10.8.1" prize..?

Not an actual bug I think, but If anyone's having weird issues with plugins not being recognized or not being able to add tracks to projects AFTER the update, make sure to install the "extra sounds" with this update that pops up as a notification in Mac OS - before I did that, things were insanely glitched, but once I installed them (which was almost instant) it has behaved normally.

3 minutes ago, Holger Lagerfeldt said:

No 10.8 update in the App Store for me. Delayed in Europe?

Ok this is weird. On my MacBook Air with Sonoma I was able to update. However on my Mac mini with Monterey, the 10.8 version of Logic Pro displayed in the App Store says "Open" instead of "Update" and when I click the "Open" button, it opens the 10.7.9 version. So I can't update. 🤔

2 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Ok this is weird. On my MacBook Air with Sonoma I was able to update. However on my Mac mini with Monterey, the 10.8 version of Logic Pro displayed in the App Store says "Open" instead of "Update" and when I click the "Open" button, it opens the 10.7.9 version. So I can't update. 🤔

requires os 13.5 so makes sense 

1 minute ago, Holger Lagerfeldt said:

Yeah, tried that. No luck.

Could be in Denmark or Scandinavia.

you on OS 13.5 or higher? 

Edited by StudioQ1

2 hours ago, des99 said:

Yes, if AUHostingService needs some hefty upgrades to let ARA plugins running isolated get access to Logic's audio data, I'd infer that *probably* it's something that won't get changed in Sonoma, but if it's going to happen, it's probably more realistic to happen at least in the next macOS major version.

(If something happens sooner of course, then it'll be a nice surprise!)

So should I take this to mean that those ARA fixes in the release notes are Rosetta-only?

I can’t believe the feature has been gone for two years or however long.

Edited by sunbrother

Just now, David Nahmani said:

However on my Mac mini with Monterey, the 10.8 version of Logic Pro displayed in the App Store says "Open" instead of "Update" and when I click the "Open" button, it opens the 10.7.9 version. So I can't update.

Logic 10.8 requires macOS Ventura 13.5 or later... it won't work on Monterey.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StudioQ1 said:

sometimes you have to open logic in the app store and when its on its own page you will see the update. 

I was talking poppycocks. Thanks for the suggestion that actually fixed it! I.e. you have to go all the way to its own page, doesn't show up on the overview page and it doesn't show up under updates.

Edited by Holger Lagerfeldt
  • Like 2

came home a day early lol so i could update logic and play around.

so far so good, i have a lot still to explore. the mastering plugin is... nice, but, A-B'd with ozone 11 advanced, ozone is better-sounding (and of course, has far more options). still, 'mastering' is no slouch.

running stable on sonoma 14.2beta. will see how things go over the next several days. but great to see all the new (& hopefully fixed) stuff 👍

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

I'm running Ventura 13.5.2. There is no Logic update showing in the App Store for me. If I search for Logic, it just says 'open', as if there is nothing to update.

Edit: I clicked on the image and it took me to another page which now gives the option to update. Must be an app store bug. 

Edited by AMD