Logic Pro 10.8 is out now!

David Nahmani
Message added by David Nahmani,

For an overview of how to use the new features in Logic Pro 10.8, read the following article: 

I dig the rotate tool. Pretty cool improvement over the regular Slip Tool IMO. But it's still pretty glitchy. The rotate tool is creating these weird looking take folders as soon as I click and drag a region with them, and when I double click the take folder, suddenly it brings me to a new tracks area window with only that current track being displayed.

Also, how does Logic still doesn't have a native plug-in search function? I wonder when Apple will give some priority to such a basic feature. With every update my hopes go high and fall back right away lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fisherking said:

they have a lot of nerve updating logic when i'm away, but will be back tomorrow and update. good to see this! and excited for what's new, and fixed...

so smart (altho i've never done that 🤣)...

And when my system is still only half way back together!

If you put a different plugin in the last slot of the master, does it create a new slot after it for the "mastering" shortcut? 

I really don't wan't the extra mixer height on my screen. The fact that the mastering assistant is even a main point of the release is kinda sad tbh. 

And to everyone talking about Melodyne ARA in silicon as if it wasn't Logic's/Apple's fault, it works in Pro Tools, so there are no excuses really to not fix that ASAP. 

More and more I get the feeling that Logic is aimed at beginners and the pro users have to work around all of the inconveniences and bugs

Just updated.

Does anyone know how to put Logic in english on a non english Mac OS (french for me).
The previous method of deleting the French folder in the application no longer works.

EDIT: found it. The fr.lproj folder is not on the resources folder anymore.

Edited by Miguel972

Great new features - it's like Christmas! - but I was happy and stable on Monterey 12.4.  Not sure I'm ready to jump into an OS update....

I'm excited to try the mastering plugin, although I'd just gained some experience with Ozone 11 and it took some time to develop faith in Izotope.

Sample Alchemy and Beat Breaker are nifty.  I tried them on Logic for iPad but avoided using them because I couldn't migrate my work to Logic MacOS.  With 10.8 I'm looking forward to using them more.

Slip & Rotate edit tools are nice, but I was achieving similar results with the basic editing.  Frankly, I need to take my editing techniques up a notch, and these new tools will help.

The Drummer Region enhancements will please a lot of creators, but I only use Drummer for quick & dirty drum accompaniment when I writing a new song.  I'm usually picky about drum patterns and drum sounds and quickly migrate to DMD and my preferred kits and samples.

Lastly - would I use 32 bit float resolution?  Hard to say.

9 minutes ago, steinweg said:

Monterey Users, are you updating?

I've just did it (Ventura 13.6.1).
So far no issues. All plugins (UAD, Native Ìnstrument, Izotope...) are working. Projects are playing fine.
I'm on Mac Studio M1 Max.

Edited by Miguel972
  • Like 2

I may have found a bug in 10.8. I use both the X-Touch as well as the X-Touch Extender control surfaces. Prior to the update both units functioned as expected. After the update, the LCD Scribble Strips on the Extender unit are just black. If I turn the unit off and back on, they light up briefly during the startup but then go black. If I turn the unit on while Logic is not running, the LCD's illuminate as expected. Launch Logic, shooooo, off they go. All ofhter functionality of the extender is solid though, Mute, Solo, Select, Faders, all are working as they should, just nothing in the scribble strips.

I say it "MAY" be a bug because I'm not that well versed with using control surfaces, so I'm thinking, perhaps, something might be wrong in the settings? After the update the order of the two units was backwards as well & I had to trash the CS Prefs and reinstall (worked like a charm). So maybe there's something else I'm missing? Any ideas?

IMG_1071.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mmm42 said:

It is not. Only feedback that is rude or support questions are ignored immediately. That said: replies from feedback are rare, there is just too much.

I’ve gotten a few responses from them before. They’re definitely listening and working on it. As with every other DAW, the issue is more often what the product management team prioritizes. Sometimes they’re just looking at clicks and usage data. Which can be maddening when a crucial feature that’s used once a project breaks… 

Edited by sunbrother
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, user01 said:

image.png.d80d937c7df1e52c32952de69ba92ddd.png

when are they going to make the resolutions of these audio waveform graphics look high quality, it looks a bit dated that way, 

example fl studio audio has a much softer look 

image.png.806df14bae80bab3e03d66f2471713b2.png

i appreciate the aesthetic value of the FL studio waveform image, but think it's easier to do detailed editing with the simpler image in logic.

FL studio looks good, but it feels like... maybe i shouldn't smoke so much weed before i work on this audiofile... 🤔

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, PMcC said:

I have OS 12.5. on my Mac, does anyone know why Logic 10.8 would be showing as an update?

The 10.8 version is on the App Store, but you won't be able to update to it as it won't work on your system - you need 13.5, 12.5 isn't compatible.

Edited by des99