VIP Celebrity Famous Logic users

• 2 weeks later...

Ray Colcord, a great TV & Film composer for many years, uses logic.

Conformation can be found on this wonderful interview on film scoring:

http://www.shopjt3.com/film_composers.html

His list of credits can be found at http://raycolcord.com/index1.html

John Powell, Michael Levine, and Reinhold Heil are also Film/TV composers who use Logic.

• 1 month later...

Logic is just as much a industry standard as Pro Tools, only a lot of people I know use Logic as the Midi engine, and Pro Tools for the vocals, so they use the two together,

The Underdogs

BabyFace

Jon-John

Dexter Simmons

Those are a few of the people I know who use it, the question should be who doesn't use it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to add Aaron Walton to this list. As his manager I can tell you that Aaron uses Logic almost exclusively. Aaron has worked with aritst like Michael Stevens who has written soundtracks to the last few Clint Eastwood films and also tours with Clint's son Kyle in a jazz project and has written for Mandy Moore. Aaron and Michael produced the single "Need More Than Love" together in Logic. Aaron's website is www.aaronwalton.net or www.myspace.com/aaronlwalton where you can actually see clips of Aaron using Logic.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Add hot up and coming Nashville record producer THEREALJONSMITH [Jonathan Smith]. He uses Logic exclusively. He's produced KEVIN MAX , ADRIAN BELEW [of KING CRIMSON fame] produced the prior solo cd., He's also produced a project for new Warner Bros/Rick Rubin's American Records band LUNA HALO, etc.......

Check out some of his stuff here:

www.myspace.com/therealjonsmith

Lynn

[assistant]

• 2 weeks later...
Ignore the post in this thread from alw4416 - it's from Aaron Walton himself, not his "manager." Alw4416 has been banned from repeatedly posting his name to the Logic Pro "Notable Users" section of the Logic Pro Wikipedia page, and the page admins are aware that he he's been using sockpuppets to try to get himself posted there. He's just trolling to attract attention to his self-produced record and website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The ultimate VIP Celebrity Famous Logic users list is here, and you can help make it EVEN better!

The Ultimate VIP Celebrity Famous Logic users list.

Please use this thread to comment on the list. If you feel there are errors or omissions, let me know here.

If you feel a user should be added please give me as much information:

• Correct spelling of his full name

• Links to his website

• Links to articles showing the user actually uses Logic

• Any kind of proof you have the user uses Logic

• The user's function description: is he a guitarist? a record producer? a platinum songwriter?

• Some of the user's best credits: films he's scored, albums he's produced...

Please look at the list first to get an idea of the information needed.

Thank you!

Kanye West

http://scratchmagazine.com/lab/0705.logic-audio/index.html

Record Producer

Jay-z, Common, Rocafella

• 1 month later...

Two users of Logic are:

Mike Oldfield

Of Tubular Bells fame

http://www.mikeoldfield.com

Logic 5 on "Tubular Bells 2003" and Logic 7 on "Light and Shade" - See Album Liner Notes

A Euphonix press release also states he is a user, http://www.euphonix.com/news/news2006/071706_mike_oldfield.htm

and

Frank Peterson

Record Producer for Sarah Brightman, ect

http://www.nemo-studio.de

In the studio pictures and equiptment list available on nemo studio's website state and show logic.

• 2 weeks later...

How about Brian Eno? Recording artist and producer of such acts as U2, David Bowie, and Talking Heads...

"... I went through various versions of Logic, from 4 to 7.1. There's still quite a lot of hate going on for me in working with computers, but I think programs have improved a great deal. The objections I used to make have been taken on board more by programmers. Programs are less menu-intensive than they used to be, and Logic is a very evolved program. I also think that plugin instruments today are very much better than the early ones."

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct05/articles/brianeno.htm

http://www.apple.com/pro/profiles/eno/

• 4 weeks later...

I am into and love all kinds of music .... but if you were to look at my iPod you would see mostly Rock & Metal. So with that, I must add these guys to the list

Lamb Of God - their last (2) albums "Scarament" & "Ashes Of The Wake" were both done with Logic. One of their songs was nominated for a Grammy.

If you would like to read about the guy that did the recording, etc for them - check this out this article:

Machine

here is his site:

The Machine Shop

Here are some credits:

Discography

I am not sure if he plays an instrument. But I know that he is a Mixer, Engineer, and Producer for a lot of big names (IMHO).

Thanks

Edited by Waterboy

• 3 weeks later...

what about BT. Completely a genius when it comes to electronic music. Check out his last album, This Binary Universe. He used to use a PT HD setup, but now completely uses Logic. Check out the m-audio site for a video on him. You can see his studio setup using Logic.

Also what about Peter Gabriel. His team of engineers are obsessed with Logic.

ex-Nine inch Nails keyboardist, now turned film composer - Charlie Clouser (composed the music for all the SAW movies). There is alos a video on the Apple site on Charlie using Logic.

what about BT. Completely a genius when it comes to electronic music. Check out his last album, This Binary Universe. He used to use a PT HD setup, but now completely uses Logic. Check out the m-audio site for a video on him. You can see his studio setup using Logic.

Also what about Peter Gabriel. His team of engineers are obsessed with Logic.

ex-Nine inch Nails keyboardist, now turned film composer - Charlie Clouser (composed the music for all the SAW movies). There is alos a video on the Apple site on Charlie using Logic.

All 3 are at the top of the existing list already!

• 3 weeks later...
Tony Visconti uses Logic extensively, and has done so particularly on David Bowie's last two albums!

Visconti link

Tony Visconti produced both of our albums. On the first one, he was still using Logic, but he's since switched to ProTools. I was lucky enough to discover Logic through him. We starting working on the film score to "The Squid & The Whale" using GB (we had ProTools, but the MIDI sucks!) and upgraded to Logic Pro to finish it properly.Most of our last album was recorded at home on Logic (we then went into the studio with Tony for about a month to finish). Since then, we have recorded a few tracks for TV commercials, TV shows and, most recently, HBO Voyeur (their new online campaign). Now, I'm primarily a musician, not an engineer and I've figured out enough to know how to get what I need done.

Thanks,

Britta

(www.DeanandBritta.com)

(www.MySpace.com/deanandbritta