VIP Celebrity Famous Logic users

that is why I mentioned the mastering engineer in my question.

I know there are a lot of productions that are made in LP, but then transferred to a PT system where the overdubs are recorded and the final mix is made. So I mean productions that are all Logic until the stereo mix.

[so between means excluding... ]

i'm pretty sure that 'redone' woks in logic but then the stuff gets mixed with tho 'boutique' stuff

the same is true of the guy who co-wrote and produced lily allens' last album...he said that all the choons were written and produced n logic but all of them, with the exception of 'the fear' were mixed with 'professional' :lol: plug ins....apparently the original 'logic' mix of 'the fear' sounded better to everyone's ears

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Brian Eno noted in a recent interview at Pitchfork.com that he used Logic for tracking his latest record.

http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/7875-brian-eno/

Brian Eno on Warp...interesting.

There's also a BBC documentary called "Another Green World" (just like his album) where you can see him working in Logic:

http://walrusmusicblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bbc_brianeno.jpg

Edit: Just listened to one of the tracks from the new album on soundcloud...PURE FIRE!!!

J.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RED ONE is a Logic user. He does Lady Gaga's stuff. Here is an interview excerpt:

What does your setup contain?

It’s a computer—a Mac, and [Apple Logic Pro 9], samples, and headphones.

Do you also use Logic in the studio when you’re doing the big sessions, or is it Digidesign Pro Tools?

No, only Logic.

What is it about Logic that you like?

It’s easy. It’s very quick to me. I’ve been working with Logic since ’95 or something like that. Before it became Apple, when it was Emagic and all of that. And it’s become easier and easier. To me, Logic is very logical.

Do you use the Logic plug-ins or do you use a lot of third-party ones?

I use the Logic plug-ins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised not to see Marius de Vries on the list. He's been a loyal Logic user since the late nineties at least:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep98/articles/mariusdevries.html

and a more recent article:

http://emusician.com/remixmag/artists_interviews/musicians/remix_brazilian_breeze/

His list of credits as a producer/ programmer is pretty impressive, but here's some:

Bjork, Madonna, U2, Kylie Minogue, Sinéad O'Connor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While this is important for Logic PR, I find this a bit annoying.

The list doesn't say what albums or in what capacity the artists use the software. Someone made a point about Aguilera. I agree, she's probably never seen the software before. So how can she be classed as a user?

I would like more separation on this list between the artist title that the music is released under, and how software was actually used to produce the album/song.

If that information isn't present, this list is merely associating Apple's brand with famous names.

Nathan Chapman was interviewed in Februarys Sound on Sound magazine.

When I work with Taylor at my studio, it’s just she and I. I do the engineering myself. It’s not hard to do. I work in Logic or Pro Tools and have a Digidesign C24 control surface, and I use Focal Solo 6 monitors, which are my favourites, and [Yamaha] NS10s, and a couple of racks of outboard.

• 3 weeks later...

Haha this is kinda random for my first post here, but...

How has nobody mentioned Armin Van Buuren?

One of the top ten DJ's in the world, VERY influential trance/house producer right now and in the past.

Don't have a link, but anybody with the Booklet for his album "Imagine" can clearly see a project within Logic in the background. I believe it's the only DAW he uses, but I could be wrong.

So... am I the only EDM fan in this forum? Because this seems like a pretty glaring omission.

Haha this is kinda random for my first post here, but...

How has nobody mentioned Armin Van Buuren?

One of the top ten DJ's in the world, VERY influential trance/house producer right now and in the past.

Don't have a link, but anybody with the Booklet for his album "Imagine" can clearly see a project within Logic in the background. I believe it's the only DAW he uses, but I could be wrong.

So... am I the only EDM fan in this forum? Because this seems like a pretty glaring omission.

Let's start with the world's #1 DJ/Producer (as voted by mixmag 3 years in a row now), Armin van Buuren.

:D

J.

• 1 month later...

I mixed a DVD in PT5 in '99 - the act was Kool & the Gang. they were using Logic at the time at their studio. they did over 100 overdubs and all lined up perfectly.

kalis bell (wrote Celebration) came and sat with me for a few hours. absolute pleasure to have his input.

not sure if they are still using Logic but I bet they are

cheers

john

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

James Blake

james-blake-dubstep-scene

...all changed when he started to try and make his own dubstep tunes. Instead of composing on the piano, Blake was producing songs using Logic software on a computer. "I could record them and look at them, almost physically – graphically – and just chop up what I did like and I didn't like," he says, eyes on his sandwich. "It didn't have to be all in one take, it could be something I designed from the ground up, visually. That process completely solved that problem for me."