VIP Celebrity Famous Logic users

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Alessandro Cortini

Modwheelmood, Nine Inch Nails touring keyboardist / Co-writer Nin - Ghosts I-IV

Source: http://www.gearwire.com/alessandro-cortini-modwheelmood.html

:D :D

My absolute favourite artist, EVER. One of my biggest inspirations too.

I was searching pages for this mention.

To update, his latest project is SONOIO.

Many years ago, I used to follow Guy Sebastian (we were all kids once...), our first Australian Idol winner. He was producing music before Idol and eventually ended up using Logic. I'm not sure whether he still uses it to date (I sent over a quick question to confirm it), because at one stage, we had the same computer set up (back in 2007). Pretty sure he'd still be a Logic user though.

Alessandro Cortini

Modwheelmood, Nine Inch Nails touring keyboardist / Co-writer Nin - Ghosts I-IV

Source: http://www.gearwire.com/alessandro-cortini-modwheelmood.html

:D :D

My absolute favourite artist, EVER. One of my biggest inspirations too.

I was searching pages for this mention.

To update, his latest project is SONOIO.

Alessandro Cortini gave me one of the songs he produced for his project Mod Wheel Mood to use as an example in my book! If you have my book, the second part of Lesson 7 has its exercises based on the file "Sunday Morning". :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Datsik

Producer

Interview where he talks about his use of Logic:

4:00 onwards (Downlink talks about his use of it at 3:30 as well)

Even though I'd assume most know of him, in short I will say that he is one of the biggest musicians responsible for the huge growth of Dubstep/EDM music in today's society. More importantly he hasn't sold out like most of the original greats, like Skrillex, Doctor P, Flux Pavilion. Instead he is still making music that he loves, rather than to appeal to the masses.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David.

Not to be an ass here, but Dave Pensado is a Pro Tools man, any one following the Pensado's Place show have seen that, but he actually discusses this on an episode with Jean-Marie Horvat, who you might wanna add. Jean-Marie was even brought in as the "Logic guy" on Dave's Mixfest seminar.

Thanx for a great site, keep it up!

Not to be an ass here, but Dave Pensado is a Pro Tools man, any one following the Pensado's Place show have seen that, but he actually discusses this on an episode with Jean-Marie Horvat, who you might wanna add. Jean-Marie was even brought in as the "Logic guy" on Dave's Mixfest seminar.

Thanx for a great site, keep it up!

Thanks for the update hellish, I need to update that list anyway. Dave Pensado was on the official Emagic list of VIP Logic users years ago, so he must have used Logic at some point I guess even if he is a PT man? That would be my guess.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After working for many years in France writing and producing under the name Al Douglas, I became an authorised trainer for Emagic France in 1998 and was added to the VIP list. This meant that I received all Emagic software free of charge - Logic Audio Platinum cost 7,000 French francs (about £600) at the time! I am currently still teaching Logic Pro (and all industry-standard hardware and software) for Further education in the UK.

TV film music: De Memoire de Rose (Canal +), Sniper (TF1), D'Est en Ouest (TF1), Sniper 2, L'Affaire Petracci (TF1),

Commissaire Moulin: Larme Blanche (TF1) Vinyl: Back to the City (Wanted, EMI)

• 1 month later...

"I hear you're mad about Brubeck..."

It's funny, one of the first sentences in the headlines made me go all frowny: "(Donald Fagen) warms up to digital" - as if The Nightfly (1982!) isn't famous for being the first fully digitally produced album, in those days called "DDD"...

But anyway, nice to read that DF used both Logic AND Garageband... interesting 'peak in the kitchen'.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
"(Donald Fagen) warms up to digital" - as if The Nightfly (1982!) isn't famous for being the first fully digitally produced album, in those days called "DDD"...

And The Nightfly sounds good to my ears whereas there are other dubious DDDs (DDDD) of that era which are completely craptastic in hindsight. Off the top of my head, I'm referring to ...Nothing Like the Sun by Sting and Power Windows by Rush.

It then begs the question...for which I'm actually seeking an opinion rather than just stating it to be pretentious...is The Nightfly's ability to stand taller than other mid-80's DDDs due to the genius of Gary Katz's production?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...