Has Apple abandoned Logic???

I'm pretty happy with LS8 - I wish it didn't crash so often. Luckily - 90% of my crashes are when I open a new project after closing another so the impact is minimal, except for the hassle.

My biggest beef is the total absence of communication between Apple (et al) and their user community.

For those of us 'invested' (in whatever amount) in the tool and platform I think it's reasonable and healthy to like to know that issues and requests are being tracked, prioritized and work is actively ongoing.

My main point of comparison is Cakewalk. Their developers participate and comment in their forums *daily*. They give their users a vague idea of what they're working on and they release incremental updates frequently that addresses bugs and often provide some new features as well.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but I cannot imagine any justification for all-intents-and-purposes *ignoring* your customers. It's baffling and maddening.

I guess if we go another 6 months without an update I'll have to seriously consider changing platforms but that idea is hardly appealing.

You know, as redundant as many of you may feel about this thread, I couldn't care less. I feel this discussion it absolutely central to the essence of what makes a business relationship work: Apple sells something; we buy it; they support it; they fix it; they maintain it; we tell them what doesn't work; more people buy it; support & maintenance continue; more people buy it; funds are available for the product's development and upgrades and new features result; support & maintenance continue; more people buy it, etc., etc., etc. That's not happening here.

Whoever benefits the most from this forum may not share the stance that myself and others have voiced recently. And if they do, they're knee deep in their own commitment to the product that they're too burnt out to deal with people like me, because nothing apparently comes from it. If users don't get it, can't make it work, or just are too lazy to read the manual, then great, there are people here who will help. Good for them and good for you. I am not one of those people.

I described this thread and the related issues of LP to a lay person recently. Without bias, I described the landscape of Apple's acquisitions of late and of which platforms have received attention and which have not. With as much neutrality as I could muster, I described how forums work and how moderators are often anchored to an NDA with Apple. After some incidental questions and answers flew back & forth, this person plainly asked, "If they are not going to tell you anything, then what's the purpose of the forum?"

There are a ga-gillion different stupid examples of exact scenarios I could mention where if a manufacturer didn't tell you when they would fix their product that you own, that it would never be tolerated. Software's apparent business model is immune from this?

When David mentioned the NDA part, I felt like restitution had been made, at least, from a truth POV. That was it for me.

But to be clear, I'm not here to trade stories with people or to trade channel strips or templates or show you what I wrote last night or this or that......! This forum served as a means whereby I could somehow and at some point find out when LP8 was going to be MUCH MORE stable so I could actually purchase it. That time has not come.

If you're content with a product that works but can't do this and that and this kinda works and that works sometimes, then that's your choice. Is that product really working? Really? Ground control??? Anybody there? That's where discussions start and that's where ideas are born, contact information exchanged and people start helping each other. Wow! Sounds a lot like this forum.

Well, continuing this great tradition leads us to where we are right now. I have questions. LP needs attention. I am entitled to know. If it's gonna get rolled up into Final Cut, just let us know. If the sickening trend in the post world is any indication, then I've got some bad news for everyone.

Like I said, I'm not you and you're not me. I have had LP since v6. And my investment in and around LP has increased accordingly. But central is always LP. Transitioning to another platform like bmDaugherty mentioned is not a quick and simple process.

If you want to try and teach me more about the finer points of Apple's indifference and how this is futile, spare me. When did it become ok to sell something, and let it just float unattended?? What's worse, this product has a loyal user base and many converts who are just wondering when this is going to stop.

Settling with or tolerating or accepting or being indifferent to the areas that need to be FIXed in LP sends a very clear message to Apple. This message tells Apple that there is not a pressing need out there for them to follow through.

Whoever benefits the most from this forum may not share the stance that myself and others have voiced recently. And if they do, they're knee deep in their own commitment to the product that they're too burnt out to deal with people like me, because nothing apparently comes from it.

"Apparently"? Did you really think that someone from Apple was going to read this thread and think anything other than "Geez, what a bunch of whiners..."?

With as much neutrality as I could muster, I described how forums work and how moderators are often anchored to an NDA with Apple. After some incidental questions and answers flew back & forth, this person plainly asked, "If they are not going to tell you anything, then what's the purpose of the forum?"

The purpose of this forum is to empower the Logic community by sharing knowledge, techniques, ideas, helping people get started or get further, talk shop, etc. It is NOT to perform any kind of illegal activities such as sharing pirated software and/or sharing illegal information that would violate one's NDA with Apple or any other manufacturer.

When David mentioned the NDA part, I felt like restitution had been made, at least, from a truth POV. That was it for me.

Then what are you still doing here?

But to be clear, I'm not here to trade stories with people or to trade channel strips or templates or show you what I wrote last night or this or that......! This forum served as a means whereby I could somehow and at some point find out when LP8 was going to be MUCH MORE stable so I could actually purchase it. That time has not come.

Then you've completely missed the entire point of this forum. This is clearly not the place for you. I suggest you visit and join communities such as macrumors.com or appleinsider.com.

Well, continuing this great tradition leads us to where we are right now. I have questions. LP needs attention. I am entitled to know.

I love it when people think they're entitled to something. Wake up call: you're entitled to jack s#!+. This is capitalism my friend: companies sell products, you are free to buy them or not. Usually, when someone doesn't like how a company does business, they don't buy products from that company. For some reason, you haven't grasped that concept.

Like I said, I'm not you and you're not me.

Thank god for that. I can't imagine what a bdtunesprohelp.com website would look like. I know I wouldn't visit it.

I have had LP since v6. And my investment in and around LP has increased accordingly. But central is always LP. Transitioning to another platform like bmDaugherty mentioned is not a quick and simple process.

Life is hard.

When did it become ok to sell something, and let it just float unattended??

I love the way you have to make tons of assumptions and use them as a basis for your flawed reasoning. Wait.. let me try... "Why would someone who is a 15 year old student with no professional experience waste so much time in such a thread?" - see what I mean? ;-)

Honestly, I wouldn't usually close such a thread that criticizes Apple, but I'm sick and tired of whiners like you who come to MY place and criticize ME (or my moderators). I'm doing this for free, and the goal is, always was, and always will be to have a community of Logic users help each other. You just... totally missed the boat.

Edited by David Nahmani