Logic Pro 9.1 Update

Logic Pro 9.1 Update

This update delivers improved compatibility and numerous fixes.

Issues addressed include:

Support for 64-bit native mode

Compatibility with 64-bit Audio Unit plug-ins

File names with over 32 characters are now supported

Samples are now mapped correctly when using the "Contiguous Zones" option in the EXS editor

Updated System Requirements

32-bit mode requires Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later

64-bit mode requires Mac OS X 10.6.2 or later

The update is recommended for all users of Logic Pro 9.

For detailed information on this update, including some restrictions when working in 64-bit mode, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2565

Symptoms

When you are working with Logic Pro 9.1 in 64-bit mode, some features might not be available.

Products Affected

Logic Pro 9.x

Resolution

You can switch Logic between 32- and 64-bit mode following these steps:

The following features are not currently available when using Logic Pro 9.1 in 64-bit mode.

Firewire streaming of video

Digital Cinema Desktop

AAF import and export

EuCon control surface support

Automap of parameters with control surfaces

OMF import and export

Conversion to MP3

Recycle (REX) file support

ReWire support

Vienna Symphonic Library Tool

Logic Node processing

AKAI format sample import

Hardly worth the wait. :?

Speak for yourself. Not everyone uses all those features, and some are the sorts of things like OMF import that can be done in 32 bit mode, then switch back.

Personally, I'm extremely glad that they are releasing now instead of holding back until all those features were updated. Now that it's out, they can get those all updated to 64 bit in future updates.

If nothing else, you should be happy that you can run it in 32 bit and get long filenames, that's a huge (and embarrassing) one for Logic.

>> Speak for yourself.

Agreed - there are things like the contiguous zones problem in the EXS24 that have been a nightmare that are now fixed. That is huge for me.

Sure a perfect all inclusive update is nice, but every improvement helps - they are steps forwared and that is a good thing.

ed

Does anyone know if you can run 64bit mode on a 2007 macbook? For some reason I thought I read that you need the mid 2008 machine, is that correct?

Hey, its GREAT to hear Apple is finally going to give us more than TWO updates in a year!

I am a bit skeptical about the update at the moment, I'm really looking forward to hearing how well 9.1 behaves on older machines.

Edited by onewave

Does anyone know if you can run 64bit mode on a 2007 macbook? For some reason I thought I read that you need the mid 2008 machine, is that correct?

Hey, its GREAT to hear Apple is finally going to give us more than TWO updates in a year!

I am a bit skeptical about the update at the moment, I'm really looking forward to hearing how well 9.1 behaves on older machines.

Core 2 Duo chips are capable of 64-bit operation. But, to benefit from the extra memory space, you need more than 4 gigs of real ram.

Core 2 Duo chips are capable of 64-bit operation. But, to benefit from the extra memory space, you need more than 4 gigs of real ram.

Thanks midiman, I guess it may be time to update my mac soon. Not sure if I really need a new computer, I max out at 2G, perhaps snow leopard would be of little value for an older machine?

I Wish Logic would add the ability to add streamers, punches and flutters to video like in Digital Performer. Perhaps Logic would listen to some of the film composers out their and add this feature in the next update. As far as 64 bit with Vienna Ensemble Pro out the need for a 64 bit DAW is not really needed.

As far as 64 bit with Vienna Ensemble Pro out the need for a 64 bit DAW is not really needed.

Bzzt.

Not all plugs are compatible with VEP. And even if VEP does the job, isn't it a good thing to get the functionality for free instead of having to spend a couple hundred bucks?

People moaning about a mainly bug fixing update with no 'new' features should go and have a look at the Digidesign forum, where most people are always moaning the fact that they get new features which no one needs, but the bugs are still there.

I don't NEED much more from Logic, melodyne like pitch correction would be cool, but melodyne does it really well now anyway. I'm WELL chuffed with this update.

Thank Yoooooohooooo Apple.

64-Bit = Awesome!!!! Can anyone confirm that East West Play works with more than 4GB in LP9? I have been waiting for this for 2 years!!!!!!! And ya everyone who's complaining, apple could of charged for this update and they didn't. And if they did everyone here still would of bought it and just complained more. Go complain with the extra $200 bucks you just saved. Thank you Apple!!!

64-Bit = Awesome!!!! Can anyone confirm that East West Play works with more than 4GB in LP9?

I'm still loading things up (starting a new session and adding one instrument at a time) and I only have a few loaded so far, but it looks very promising. I'll report back in a bit when I have more instruments loaded up.

It's all groovy, and is working a lot better. Can't wait to give it a workout. A couple of things though:

1) BFD 2 isn't loading in 64 bit, even after the latest update. BFD 1, somehow, is.

2) Kontakt 3.5 is showing as a 32 bit app, whereas I thought it was a 64 bit app. I could be wrong, I'm asking here.

Either way, a great update, and so far so good, except for that.