Logic Pro 64 bit compatible plug-ins

Addictive Drums working fine here.

Katsura shareware Strobe tuner is a no but I don't think anybody uses that but me...

Line 6 Pod Farm works for me but but changing anything in the UI does not update the sound. It just uses the last setting that was chosen under 32bit mode. So it's 'kinda' not working. ;)

Battery 3 makes you have to force quit Logic in order to close the program.

Working on my end, except when trying to access the Library in the bottom menu (in the pic). It crashes and restarts the AU Bridge, but not Logic..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2206684/Screen%20shot%202010-01-15%20at%205.58.53%20AM.png

The top three menus work, so it can still load libraries and samples, and it triggers fine.

Hey David..

you may want to remove Line 6 POD Farm & GearBox from the "Not Compatible" list.. with lots of effort and help from some other posters I got POD Farm working fine both in 32-bit mode and 64-bit mode.. here's the thread for other Line 6 users that may be experiencing problems:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=52054

props to Jeremyl.. his instructions later in the thread gave me the most help.

Cheers..

Trebor

Though PLAY 64-bit is imminent, I'm seeing graphics anomalies using the current version with the 32-bit bridge.

I noticed this too. But usually you just have to click on the center or wiggle around the window and it'll go away.

Yes, thankfully it's a minor GUI glitch that can be "moused" away.

Nevertheless, PLAY is absent from the 32-bit bridge list, even though it is compatible in its current form, graphics glitches not withstanding. This is a little confusing. Like Omnisphere, the respective releases of PLAY should be listed under two categories.

pax

UAD-2 cards are running all the UAD plugins fine in 32 bit bridge mode.

Note: when booting into the 64 bit Kernel, the UAD cards are not recognized. You still have to boot your system in 32 bit mode, which is the default anyway.

And I agree with the above post, I think you might add that PLAY and Omnisphere are 32 bit compatible ATM.

Unless my eyes are going (gone?) I don't think Kontakt is listed in any of the 4 categories: 64 bit compatible, bridge compatible, not compatible, compatibility coming soon. Is there any info on this? Is there a mysterious fifth category?

I think the fifth category is "No mentioning of 64-bit, ask the vendor or wait."

Unless my eyes are going (gone?) I don't think Kontakt is listed in any of the 4 categories: 64 bit compatible, bridge compatible, not compatible, compatibility coming soon. Is there any info on this? Is there a mysterious fifth category?

I think the fifth category is "No mentioning of 64-bit, ask the vendor or wait."

Well, they answered the question today:

"Special notes regarding 64-bit versions of Logic and Mainstage

Native Instruments' products are currently not available in 64-bit AudioUnit format, and are also not fully compatible with the 32-bit "plugin bridge" of the latest Logic and Mainstage versions.

It is therefore recommended for users of NI products to use the 32-bit mode of Logic 9.1 and Mainstage 2.1

Regarding the aspect of 64-bit memory addressing, KONTAKT versions from 3.5 and upward as well as all KONTAKT PLAYER-based products can already utilize large amounts of memory in 32-bit hosts through the included "Kontakt Memory Server" technology.

Native Instruments is planning to release 64-bit AudioUnit versions of all relevant products over the course of this year."

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/compatibility/mac-os-x-compatibility/

So it's not compatible with 64-bit Logic and probably won't be any time soon.

Oh well.

hey Stephen..you forgot to post this little 'tidbit' from the NI website (it's right before the part you quoted:

64bit plugin hosts

At this point, there are no 64bit Mac versions of relevant sequencer/DAW applications available on the market. Due to the lack of suitable testing platforms, it is currently unclear whether the 32bit plugin versions of Native Instruments products would exhibit any issues in 64bit host environments.

I guess Logic isn't relevant. sheeeesh.

fwiw...Kontakt works just fine on my rig in Logic 64 with the 32bit host...KORE 2, otoh...not so much :)

Well, they answered the question today:

"Special notes regarding 64-bit versions of Logic and Mainstage

Native Instruments' products are currently not available in 64-bit AudioUnit format, and are also not fully compatible with the 32-bit "plugin bridge" of the latest Logic and Mainstage versions.

It is therefore recommended for users of NI products to use the 32-bit mode of Logic 9.1 and Mainstage 2.1

Regarding the aspect of 64-bit memory addressing, KONTAKT versions from 3.5 and upward as well as all KONTAKT PLAYER-based products can already utilize large amounts of memory in 32-bit hosts through the included "Kontakt Memory Server" technology.

Native Instruments is planning to release 64-bit AudioUnit versions of all relevant products over the course of this year."

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/compatibility/mac-os-x-compatibility/

So it's not compatible with 64-bit Logic and probably won't be any time soon.

Oh well.

This is both interesting and disappointing. To hear East West and Spectrasonics describe things, you get the sense it is they, the developer, that have helped to steer Apple toward 64-bit support in Logic (as an industry "must"). But in this case, NI seems to have taken its own route, though I can hardly fault them for focusing on their own memory server either.

The downside is now being at the extended mercy of NI with respect to Kontakt for those of us who combine our libraries (as most of us do). I would hope at the very least they might address the bridge incompatibilities.

OT - Apple Insider is reporting today that the next build of OS X (10.6.3) includes enhancements that, among other things, will benefit the 64-bit version of Logic.

pax

fwiw...Kontakt works just fine on my rig in Logic 64 with the 32bit host...KORE 2, otoh...not so much :)

Kontakt 4.04 does work in the 32bit wrapper but I have had several incidents of 'Script malfunctions' with L.A.S.S. and Chris Hein's Guitars to name but two.. right at the very end of the load.. which after reloading again, work ok again... Very intermittent... and not easily reproduced upon demand

Something not quite working right still but usable...

Kore 2... Nightmare in 32bit wrapper! :D

**Updated with correct version of Kontakt**

Edited by n6smith