Logic Pro 64 bit compatible plug-ins

I'm also having problems with Stutter Edit. I (unfortunately) authorized to it iLok, but iLok doesn't support 64 bit plugs. I can't get Stutter Edit to work with the 32 bit bridge. Anybody else out there having this problem?

(I've contacted Izoptope, but no response yet.

thanks

All -

Im currently using 10.5.8 with Pro 9.01. I have a significant investment in 32 bit plug ins including numerous VSTs and Fx. Some are 64 Bit compatible, others are not or its unclear.

I have a Mac Pro with 16GB of RAM installed and its a 2 x 2.26 Quad Core Intel Xeon.

Working in Logic with a 4G RAM cap is frustrating to say the least as I do all my work within the box.

To update, this is going to be a bit of a project including cloning a drive, purchasing and installing Leopard, upgrading Logic Pro etc. as well as numerous plug in updates, when and if available.

Is this a good idea or am I going to be unhappy with the results of the 32 Bit bridge and many other issues that are posted online including losing audio, not being able to boot logic and so on.

1. Is there a 10.6 update that doesnt have issues (e.g. dont go up to 10.6.6

2. Is there a Logic update to not go beyond (e.g. is it a good idea to go to the most recent version of Logic)

What are your thoughts on this exercise as I have better ways to spend my time then taking a day to do all this ... for no results ...

THANK YOU

everyone's results seem to be different. For me, 10.6.6 and Logic 9.1.3 seem to be pretty darned stable. I run in 64 bit mode most of the time.. Only thing that sucks is not being able to have multiple bridge window plugins open at the same time..Hopefully that will be addressed soon.

you're doing it right...clone your main drive and put the original on the shelf. Donwload and run the 10.6.xxx Combo Updater from Apple to the new drive, then update Logic/plugins, etc.

it will REALLY help if you go thru and make yourself a spreadsheet of all your plugs BEFOREHAND, and download all the necessary installers into a seperate little folder on the desktop. Just makes it easy to track everything. It's not as hard as it seems, and you'll dig the performance boost.

Thanks. Very helpful.

When you say list + installers, you are talking strictly about updates, correct?

E.g. plugs that have 64 bit updates?

Another thing has occurred to me. Will the plug ins, which I may be running via 32 bit bridge, continue to eat up ram with a 4G cap, or will I then have that 4G for everything running under 32 bit (which would be ok) and then the non-capped Ram for Logic and its related plugs and so forth as well as 64 bit plugs.

Does that make sense?

I'm also having problems with Stutter Edit. I (unfortunately) authorized to it iLok, but iLok doesn't support 64 bit plugs. I can't get Stutter Edit to work with the 32 bit bridge. Anybody else out there having this problem?

(I've contacted Izoptope, but no response yet.

thanks

Yeah I am. I have East West Pianos Gold Edition on an iLok as well and it works in 64 bit but with Izotope Nectar I get a warning saying iLok is not supported in 64bit and asks me to authorize again but only let's me use the plug-in in Demo mode (even though it's already authorized in 32 bit). So I don't really get why one plug-in works with iLok and the other doesn't. I've contacted Izotope support with the issue I'll update when I get a response.

• 2 weeks later...

Buzwah...

I too have contacted izo re the nectar issue in Logic 64bit mode.

However I tested this and it has seemed to work.

Ilok does not support 64bit mode - so that is why nectar 64b cant see the ilok auth - I chose off line authorization - and then via izo site did the challenge ans response - and nectar authorized fine.

Kind of strange having a 32bit plug working off the ilok and the 64bit version off a c/R - but if it works until everyone catches on - so be it.

thanks.

Thanks for that response to Nectar. Yes I have it up and running. I reinstalled it and all is good. It is a pity that iLok don't upgrade their 64 bit compatibility. There must be a lot of unhappy customers out there who have spent a lot of money on plugins that are being disadvantaged by this. Come on iLok get your act together!

I would really like to see a 64Bit version of Reaktor. 8)

- xpander

It's in Beta testing now, this is from the NI forums:

The update will include the following improvements:

New and improved features:

* 64bit support under Windows and Mac OS X

* New "search box" feature for quick module/macro insertion

* Breadcrumb navigation for structures

* Mouse scrolling via modifier key in structure view

* Drag&Drop copy in structure view

* Transparency and frame hiding for XY module

* Time display added to recorder

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Amplitube and Ampeg SVX are now 64 bit.

IK Multimedia now has made this Amplitube 3 Free, where you get it for free and simply buy the models you want.

Registered owners can simply "restore" their present models, including those who like me also owned the Ampeg SVX, which is the best modeling plug for bass by far IMHO and it is now folded into Amplitube 3.

1 small step for man, one big step for Logic-kind.

• 2 weeks later...

Camel Audio's Alchemy and Alchemy Player v1.2 are now 64bit compatible. This is great news and I plan on taking full advantage of the RAM I have installed in my machine. Now, I would really be happy if those guys would update CamelPhat and CamelSpace as well.

- xpander