Logic Pro 64 bit compatible plug-ins

Fxpansion have now updated Geist to 64Bit:

- xpander

It's not very clear on Fxpansions' page:

Does Geist support 64-bit hosts? [top]

A public beta version of Geist for Windows 7 x64, Standalone & VST will be made available to registered Geist owners during the week beginning Monday, November 22nd. (of what year?)

The Mac OS X Snow Leopard x64 Standalone, VST and AU version will be made available shortly thereafter. (?)

Geist x86 runs in the currently available x64 bit bridges with no known issues beyond the general limitations of such bridges.

@ Eriksimon - I think you may be right about this. I made the assumption based on a post from Fxpansion that stated:

"Geist 1.0.3.7 (Universal installer for 32bit and 64bit Windows 7 and OSX) Now a final release Geist 1.0.3.7 is no longer public beta status."

I think I may have misunderstood the comment in parenthesis. Indeed, they should have been more clear on this. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I was just about to buy Geist believing it was now 64bit. I guess I'll need to wait a little longer.

- xpander

• 2 weeks later...

Great news guys

Reaktor is coming, there's a new community manager over at NI who made this announcement yesterday:

We're planning on releasing the 5.6.0 update next week. It focuses on full 64 Bit support for Windows/Mac OSX and it also includes some new features to assist with building and modifying.

I'm assuming it's going to be public beta to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

Another fine instrument has joined the elite 64 club: Albino 3.

http://www.linplug.com/Instruments/Albino_3/Albino_3_News/albino_3_news.htm

The update is a little bit confusing between the linplug.com and the RobPapen.com site. v3.13 is listed on LinPlug.com but on hte download site at RobPapen.com only v3.1.2 shows up. At least that is also 64bit and maybe the v3.1.3 release of today) (!) hasn't been uploaded yet.

• 5 weeks later...

• NI Absynth 5 (issues!?)

No issues here.

Haha, I saw your post only after I removed the "issues?" remark...

You gotta be faster than that with your edits mate :lol:

http://www.technoskillonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/lightning.jpg

I received a reply from Flux:: today, it was in regards to:

- no CSParameterOrder.plist files, &

- any expected date for Flux to release OSX 64 bit compatible Plugins?

the reply...

For the moment, there's nothing planned for this new feature.

And we are also thinking about a release for OSX 64 bits compatibility, but nothing is planned for yet. Sorry.

If we have more times, we will think about those two different things.

:shock: towards which, I replied...

I can fully understand your first statement, as that request is probably not highly desired... but your second statement leaves me discouraged, and regretfully disappointed, as your last statement's contradictoriness leaves me thinking: what is Flux:: spending time thinking about!?

If, 64 bits compatibility's prioritisations is so low, it implies to me, a trifling professional dictate... sorry to hear of such a status... seems a paucity, in need, of eminent concern.

to which, I would add here...

If, you are an "iMac 64bit platform" user, considering such (32bit) "professional" mastering plugins, first, carefully, consider a companies committed developmental position, towards endeavoring to achieve such an aim, of (64bit) functionality, and not double talk! All of which, to me, is a sign of a company that's eyes are, truly, on developing, fully, professional products, Sorry Flux::! :evil:

the reply...

And we are also thinking about a release for OSX 64 bits compatibility, but nothing is planned for yet. Sorry.

It is in a way both poetic and patronizing: "we will think about these :roll:two different things."

And when will there ever be "more times"? Looks like there's never going to be more than one time: the present. :lol:

Half full glass: at least they apologized...

the reply...

It is in a way both poetic and patronizing: "we will think about these :roll: two different things."

Well, I just didn't pickup on the poetic aspect, maybe it just got lost in the translation :twisted:

And when will there ever be "more times"? Looks like there's never going to be more than one time: the present. :lol:

Hey, I agree... there are 24 hrs in day, always has been, always will be! :wink: and that's why I say, it seems simply more to be, it's an issue of priority.

Half full glass: at least they apologized.

Oh! :? Guess I saw it more attributive, in the vain of "a poor or pitiful state")... but you're most likely right... just :x displeased.

Thanks for understanding, Eriksimon.

It was only a week ago that I expressed my excitement about the 64bit update to Zebra 2.5.1. As if Urs read my mind, this morning I was informed that both ACE and More Feedback Machine have also been updated to 64bit. What awesome news to start out the week with!!

- xpander

I received a reply from Flux::, it was in regards to:

Flux's latest reply:

All our software use 64 bit internal processing, but due to dependencies in some libraries used in our software, the interface towards the host is exposed in 32 bits for now.

We hope to be able to release a full 64-bit version of our software before the end of this year.