Logic Pro 64 bit compatible plug-ins

Thanks to David and GlennO!

Softube Tube Tech CL-1B (delay problems if using external side-chain though!)

Softube Trident EQ

- both working pretty stable here via the bridge so far.

:)

PLAY 2 has been announced as arriving this month - I'm guessing it will be native 64-bit for Mac????

FabFilter told me a few months back that they were looking to release x64 versions soon....

More results in:

• IK Multimedia Ampeg SVX

• IK Multimedia Amplitube Fender

• Nomad Factory AMT Max Warm

• Stillwell Audio Major Tom

• Stillwell Audio The Rocket

are going ok with the bridge for me!

Most (or all?) of the Stillwell plugz have been updated for 10.6.2 now I think, but I've only tested out the above couple.

• 2 weeks later...

NI just released their public beta for Kontakt 4.1 64bit. This version expires in June when they plan the official June release.

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109169

I also have another native 64bit plugin for the list. This flies a little bit under the radar, but it is a great app called "WireTap Anywhere" from Ambosia Software. It also comes as an AU Generator plugin and its latest version 1.07 runs in native 64bit in Logic.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wta/

NI just released their public beta for Kontakt 4.1 64bit. This version expires in June when they plan the official June release.

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109169

I also have another native 64bit plugin for the list. This flies a little bit under the radar, but it is a great app called "WireTap Anywhere" from Ambosia Software. It also comes as an AU Generator plugin and its latest version 1.07 runs in native 64bit in Logic.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wta/

Thanks a lot Edgar. Updating the list now.

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW I use Logic 9.1.1 with UAD-2 QUAD plugins, SOUNDTOYS V4, and all SPL plugins and they all run perfectly on the 32-bit Audio Unit Bridge since the latest update to LOGIC and MAC OS X.

The 32-bit Audio Unit bridge very rarely crashes but it doesn't make logic Crash.

I also use MELODYNE and ALTIVERB quite a bit.

Sweeeet...I'm surprised I didn't get an email notification from them!.

They didn't send any. And if you look at the dates on their sites, the plugs have been released the 21.

Sorry to hear it's not working. I'm sure they'll come with a fix fast. Seems there's a workaround though.You're probably aware of it :) but maybe not the others.

Thanks! Yup..go the 'release' email this am, as well as a wonderful reply from their Tech Support (and a link back to the workaround post on the Forum). Here's what I did this morning (thanks to a few LPH posts as well!!) All seems to working just fine now!!!

If ya'll haven't used any of the Fab Filter stuff..ya should. I love Volcano, Timeless, and Twin. BEST UI design ever.

This morning, I ran a full pass of Cocktail to clean out cache files and repair permissions., then rebooted, and restarted Logic in 32-bit mode. They still came up as 'Cannot be opened", so I did a Reset and Rescan again, and that did the trick.

According to a number of people on the LogicProHelp.com website, Logic's AU Validator needs to be run in 32-bit mode FIRST, right after doing an install of any new plugins, BEFORE running Logic in 64-bit mode. Seems to be an issue with the AU Validator .And sometimes it takes an extra time or two..Doing a Permissions Repair before and after installing the plugins seems to be required as well.

(I sent my AU Validation Report to the FF Support Team as well, in case they see something..)

Everything seems to be working just fine now!

Thanks!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NI Battery 3 has a 64 bit public beta release available:

The upcoming free BATTERY 3.1 update will bring a lot of enhancements to the leading software sampler. New features include:

* 2 vintage sampling modes emulating the sound of the legendary MPC60* and SP-1200*

* Mac OS X®: 64bit support for Audio Unit and standalone version

* Right-click MIDI learn for all automatable buttons and sliders

* Multiprocessor support to deliver even better performance on modern Multiprocessor systems

* Improved Samples Missing dialog: New "Forward" option to prevent multiple Samples Missing dialogs when e.g. moving a host project to a different folder

PSPaudioware's VintageWarmer 2 and the new MicroWarmer plug-ins are now 64 bit.

- xpander

Yes, 2.5. Still annoyed about the $29/$39/$49 upgrade to get 64-bit support. But you need to support small SW companies. Also, they switched to Cocoa view so those AU plug-in don't work properly in Ableton Live 7 (8 introduced Cocoa view support) but that's another story.

Anyway, hurrah for Battery 3.1, will get it ASAP when it's available.

• 1 month later...