Logic Pro 64 bit compatible plug-ins

fwiw...Kontakt works just fine on my rig in Logic 64 with the 32bit host...KORE 2, otoh...not so much :)

Kontakt 4.04 does work in the 32bit wrapper but I have had several incidents of 'Script malfunctions' with L.A.S.S. and Chris Hein's Guitars to name but two.. right at the very end of the load.. which after reloading again, work ok again... Very intermittent... and not easily reproduced upon demand

Something not quite working right still but usable...

Kore 2... Nightmare in 32bit wrapper! :D

**Updated with correct version of Kontakt**

Thanks for the info, I'll test out K4.04 in LP64 then. BTW, I've also experienced similar intermittent errors (parsing errors in LASS and other libraries), though using the previous and and current 32-bit versions of Logic.

pax

Hey,

does anyone have a eta for the release of the 64bit native play engine from EW?

Like many I've had to go 64 to get around LP9 memory issues and am having major graphical errors in the bridged GUI.

Someone said it's imminent. Couldn't find anything on their site.

Thanks,

J

Hey,

does anyone have a eta for the release of the 64bit native play engine from EW?

No specific ETA has been given. As was posted previously, this is from the NI site:

"Native Instruments is planning to release 64-bit AudioUnit versions of all relevant products over the course of this year."

pax

• 2 weeks later...
Let's start listing plug-ins that are:

• Urs Heckmann Filterscape (works but preset window won't close)

• Urs Heckmann MM2 (works but preset window won't close)

I don't have this problem, they seem fine in 64-bit mode using the bridge.

BTW, Novation seem to be working with 64-bit Automap, good for them. No actual beta driver yet, but they added 64-bit to the SDK:

http://beta.novationmusic.com/

Is this thread no longer being updated?

I'd like to second this question - is this a 'live' thread we can all rely on for an up-to-date list of working/not-working plugz in 64 bit mode?

It would be a shame if not as it's already going?!

If the impetus drops away, people will stop visiting and contributing to the list here?

I know there are a lot of threads to keep on top of - understood. It would just be good to get a "yes or no" answer to this one so we know what's happening?

Thanks

:)

As someone mentioned before BFD2 doesnt even come up on the list. Lots of angry Logic users on their forum. They say the compatibility issues are with Apple as they make "mistakes" in their implementation of the bridge.

I have had a few issues with Cakewalk synths (primarily rapture) and Kontakt 4.0.5 is unstable and rt clicking options in the mapping editor dont work through the bridge at all for me and it crashes the bridge to where I have to reboot the project when auditioning samples. Worse is if the bridge crashes and you save, your Kontakt rack is saved empty (I believe this can happen to other synths that crash the bridge and are saved afterwards as well). But with Kontakt being a rack of sounds its a nightmare.

FWIW:

NOVATION Automap Pro 3.4 is not compatible, but not only that....

The bloody remote SL 37 keyboard can not be used at all, reason for that is that there is no way to stop automap server starting automatically on starting Logic, you will get a message saying the automap is not 64 bit compatible and a OK button, you click it, Logic quits. hence rendering the hardware completely useless until they will bring a fix in form of 64 bit driver. Talking to Novation in UK, no ETA was given to me.

:evil:

Great news for Mac OSX + VSL 'VI' users !

VSL 'VI' 64-bit for Mac OSX 'public beta' is released.

From VSL's version history :

------------------------

March 3, 2010

Version 2.1.5132, Windows & OS X (PPC, Intel) public beta

• OS X: Added 64-bit support

• WIN: Fixed bug that caused parts of the Vienna Instruments interface to not redraw properly

• WIN: Directory Manager can now also be started by non-administrators with administrator rights

• WIN: Fixed crash when a Vienna Instruments startup.fxp is available

-------------------------

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't tried multi outs yet But no problem loading up numorous kits. Pretty sure I read about it on the BFD forum (as well as in the L9 update doc).

I still use Logic mostly in 32-bit mode, as a few other synths aren't all THAT happy with the bridge (Kore 2 especially). I just go back and forth as I need. I hope this summer produces a LOT of updates from software companies getting their 64 bit s$(t together :)

Yep - BFD2 seems ok after a short bit of testing in multiple output mode!

PSP Nitro crashes the bridge on my machine - can anyone confirm?

David - any chance of an update to your original post??

Anyone know of an up to date plug-in compatibility list somewhere?

Stillwell Audio have updated their plugz to be SL friendly - Major Tom seems more stable under the bridge now after initial checking out....

Yep - Omnisphere has been running 64-bit for a good few weeks now. I've had no problems so far - haven't done heavy duty testing but seems OK so far.

Same goes for Stylus RMX and Trilian (which behaves much better in 64-bit for me - I think because of L9s RAM handling issues in 9.1 32-bit).

• 2 weeks later...
David: on your list, Omnisphere and Trilian should be in the 64 bit category. The 64 bit versions have been out for several months now.

- Glenn

~Yeah - I don't think David is really updating this list these days - I did write a reminder/enquiry note about this a while back which he did respond to, but no update has happened as far as I know...

David? I know you're a busy man, so can we possibly get a realistic answer as to whether you are or are not able to maintain this list? If you don't have the time then may be it could be transferred to someone else to update?

Cheers!