(the) Logic Pro X Rumours Thread

Darude

Hmm, yes, Apple are known from taking splash screens from a completely different product and reusing them...

So yes, it's just like Apple to take the FCP splash screen, which is based on a visual/colours metaphor, and use it for an application that's not for editing/creating visuals but audio instead.

And you can forgive Apple for the occasional typo too - hey, everyone's only human after all.

Yeah, I'm completely sure that splash screen is 100% genuine.

Edited by beej

I'm not convinced that there ARE bugs in Logic with Mountain Lion: everything I've read on this and other forums and several; conversations with Apple Pro Apps leads me to think that the problem is with third-party plugs and drivers that don't play well with ML. I had serious problems with ML and went back to Lion, but there are several users on this forum who are running it with no problems at all.

Seems to me if Logic itself had a direct problem with ML, then everybody running Logic under ML would have the same problems, no?

Seems to me if Logic itself had a direct problem with ML, then everybody running Logic under ML would have the same problems, no?

no necessarily , im sure that a Mac Pro 12 core running Logic would act completely differently that a Mac Mini

I've had so many issues with Logic on ML, so I went back to SL, but I still have my ML drive ready for when Logic X comes out (or an update to Logic 9)!

no necessarily , im sure that a Mac Pro 12 core running Logic would act completely differently that a Mac Mini

Well, I'm not so sure it's as much that.. as more like what is installed and when.. or what is or isn't updated and in what order.. that is causing this recent issues.. I say this simply because the exact same hardware config can have this issue as one that does not.

Kinda like the ProKit issue when going from Leo to SL... Some people had the issue and other's didn't and for those that did, the cause was found to be an incorrectly updated Prokit along with various support files/routines... hence why some people had the problem and others did not. Eventually Apple released a new Prokit version that reinstalled all the needed/missing/out of date files/routines correcting the issue...

I suspect we are simply seeing another example of this happening... and we await an OS and/or Prokit update to rectify it.

Just a quick personal thought; LOGIC PRO 9 IS THE UGLIEST LOOKING DAW I CAN EVER IMAGINE........ THE MOST NONE INTUITIVE TO WORK WITH, I have tried hard to fall in love with that piece of daw but i just could not ! There is SO MUCH to be improved in this daw,there is still the same midi editor graphic bug ! was around for ages now and not to mention many more.......

Apple has got all the money and team to make Logic to stand out from all the others daw but obviously they don not what ! Thanks

Just a quick personal thought; LOGIC PRO 9 IS THE UGLIEST LOOKING DAW I CAN EVER IMAGINE........ THE MOST NONE INTUITIVE TO WORK WITH, I have tried hard to fall in love with that piece of daw but i just could not ! There is SO MUCH to be improved in this daw,there is still the same midi editor graphic bug ! was around for ages now and not to mention many more.......

Apple has got all the money and team to make Logic to stand out from all the others daw but obviously they don not what ! Thanks

Or maybe Apple - which has revolutionized more than one consumer electronics industry through sheer force of design - knows what they're doing, while you, on the other hand, don't know anything about UI.

I'm betting it's the latter.

The point of pro software is not to be pretty, to flash and and dazzle: it's to be accessible and transparent. I really like Logic's UI, and find it much easier to see, read and access than my old stand-by Digital Performer. (On the other hand, I love DP's feature list and it's 100% reliable audio handling.)

Wrong. Cubase is the ugliest.

Just a quick personal thought; LOGIC PRO 9 IS THE UGLIEST LOOKING DAW I CAN EVER IMAGINE........

That's doubly amazing: you cannot even imagine an uglier DAW, but I have seen uglier DAWs, and I can imagine even more ugliererer DAWs'. But whether my (or your) imagination have anything to do with anything, well, they don't. And anybody serious about music really cares more about the music you can make with it. And come to think of it: I haven't seen a more beautiful DAW than Logic...

THE MOST NONE INTUITIVE TO WORK WITH,

Ah, so that's why it is called "Logic" and not "Intuition".

No truly powerful software is "intuitive." The more a program can do, the more you have to learn in order to access the features.

The Tascam mono, single-track recorder I use for field recording interviews on my iPhone is real intuitive. That's because it hardly does anything.

Too drift back on topic. I heard from a guy who lives in San Anselmo (not too far from a guy who is pretty high up at Pixar) that Apple was to Logic Pro X until after everybody else got their updates out, so.... now that DP8 has been released, you can start looking for it pretty soon. ALso, I heard that Elvis once spent a "lost weekend" with Brian Epstein in Barcelona.

I really don't think Logic 10 will be out this year at all now.

That's an interesting trick of the human brain... gauging probability where none exists.

There are almost 90 days left in this year, and every one of them is just as likely to see the release of Logic X as any of the 270 previous days. The probability of something happening does not decrease as one approaches January 1st. You could reasonably say this one December 31st. :)

Of course, I don't care. I'm a brand new Logic user (since June) so it's all new to me, and version 8 of my beloved Digital Performer is out now, so... I'm up to my eyeballs in new stuff. If Logic Pro X was released this year I wouldn't even notice!

Fact is, there will NEVER be another Logic update! What you see is what you get!!!

All you wishful thinkers need to get over it!!! You been waiting 3 years already. And you'll be waiting another 300 if you don't stop and get a GRIP!!! Apple cares nothing about Logic Pro and the tiny little chewing gum money they make from Logic.

LOGIC is DEAD!!! Enjoy what it is now, for what it is now, it shall EVER be!!!

I really don't think Logic 10 will be out this year at all now.

That's an interesting trick of the human brain... gauging probability where none exists.

Indeed. With no dice, what are the chances of throwing a six?

You caught a thief with a thief here, another trick of the brain: placing itself outside itself in order to pretend objective observation. :twisted:

63strat, would you trust me if I posted a skype video of me talking to Gerh on video skype and hearing & watching Gerh say that... "Logic is dead???

Okay.. I'll bite.. Post it up and we'll believe you..

Otherwise you are just another troll...

So it's your call.. Post up or shut up :)

It's entirely up to you now.........

(and what's the betting that you find some reason not to post such a video....)