(the) Logic Pro X Rumours Thread

Darude

Fact is, there will NEVER be another Logic update! What you see is what you get!!!

All you wishful thinkers need to get over it!!! You been waiting 3 years already. And you'll be waiting another 300 if you don't stop and get a GRIP!!! Apple cares nothing about Logic Pro and the tiny little chewing gum money they make from Logic.

LOGIC is DEAD!!! Enjoy what it is now, for what it is now, it shall EVER be!!!

does your mommy know you're using the computer?

maybe you're right, and maybe you're not. we'll see. meanwhile, we can all go back to work, doing the exceptional things we can do in logic NOW. if/when something new comes, i will dive right in. but am not waiting for it...there's (lovely) work to be done... :mrgreen:

You caught a thief with a thief here, another trick of the brain: placing itself outside itself in order to pretend objective observation. :twisted:

Well, not exactly. This is an observable phenomenon: not one mind stepping outside and observing itself, but better minds than my own observing the behavior of hundreds of people. Its just a well known fact: most of the actual rules of probability are counter-intutive, and what people will intuit is usually wrong because they are applying things - calendar dates, a string of wins or losses, whatever - to the chances of something happening, when those things don't affect probability. It's like a gambler saying he is "due" for a win.

63strat, would you trust me if I posted a skype video of me talking to Gerh on video skype and hearing & watching Gerh say that... "Logic is dead???

Prior to posting this, I showed this photo to three of my Logic insider friends, all of whom corroborated that it was taken at the most recent Apple board of directors meeting. If you don't believe me you can go to this link and you can make a direct face-for-face comparison.

1167077872_LogicisDoomed.jpeg.f77927b526d32beb0cac60108654e4d0.jpeg

63strat, would you trust me if I posted a skype video of me talking to Gerh on video skype and hearing & watching Gerh say that... "Logic is dead???

Okay.. I'll bite.. Post it up and we'll believe you..

Otherwise you are just another troll...

So it's your call.. Post up or shut up :)

It's entirely up to you now.........

(and what's the betting that you find some reason not to post such a video....)

What is a troll???

Well, not exactly. This is an observable phenomenon: not one mind stepping outside and observing itself, but better minds than my own observing the behavior of hundreds of people. Its just a well known fact: most of the actual rules of probability are counter-intutive, and what people will intuit is usually wrong because they are applying things - calendar dates, a string of wins or losses, whatever - to the chances of something happening, when those things don't affect probability. It's like a gambler saying he is "due" for a win.
First of all, this thread is done. It needs a grave stone, eulogy and a benediction. Especially, with the trolls starting to troll.

Second, by definition, the word 'intuit' belies everything that you state afterward because intuition is not the product of observable, calculable, phenomenon. Yet, it is itself a fairly reliable source of knowledge– various species, knowing where to migrate, having never made the trip; twins knowing something is wrong with their sibling, etc...

Oxford's: intuit= understand or work out by instinct; the ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning
Therefore, I humbly submit that intuition itself is counter-intuitive since it necessary steps outside of logic. The gambler knowing he is due for a win, however, is called delusion, which, of course, is quite different...

Therefore, I respectfully conclude- the estimates regarding possible release dates for Logic are the product of delusion rather than intuition... :lol:

Prior to posting this, I showed this photo to three of my Logic insider friends, all of whom corroborated that it was taken at the most recent Apple board of directors meeting. If you don't believe me you can go to this link and you can make a direct face-for-face comparison.

VERY FUNNY INDEED!!! thanks for the laugh :D :D :D

I just spoke to my good college buddy, Dr. Gerhard Lengeling this afternoon on the phone. We talk about Logic for 30+ minutes. Gerh told me that Tim Cook has decided to completely terminate Logic, but the announcement is being kept under wraps until after the holiday season and then sometime in January 2013 Apple will deliver a press release announcement on this decision.

REST IN PEACE LOGIC!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dr. Gerhard Lengeling is a german medical doctor (Dr. med., in the year 1987) and surgeon, he was at the University of Hamburg, Germany. Programming of sequencer software in this time was just a hobby for him.

So if you are a "college buddy" of Dr. Gerhard Lengeling you must be a physician too, and you must have been a student in Hamburg too.

And: in Germany no one says "Gerh" to Gerhard :wink:

So if you are a "college buddy" of Dr. Gerhard Lengeling you must be a physician too, and you must have been a student in Hamburg too.

For all we know, he could have been the janitor at the college and Dr. L. took a liking to him because he displayed a special kind of talent. For example, perhaps he demonstrated a particular kind of creativity in cleaning up the student's practice corpses in anatomy class. If you're not following me, watch Good Will Hunting and Silence of the Lambs back to back. Then you'll see where I'm going with this.

That aside, I have to agree with logic8mine that this thread is nothing more than a waste of bits on David's server. But I'd be remiss in not recommending that everyone check out Logic X Barbie Edition when it makes its debut. It's a hoot!

But I'd be remiss in not recommending that everyone check out Logic X Barbie Edition when it makes its debut. It's a hoot!

If I may...

[attachment=0]barbielogic.png[/attachment]

Somebody had to say that eh? :lol:

Anyway, this thread is cool, we should start a YouTube show on this. I mean, LogicIsDoomed? lol

• 3 weeks later...
Logic Barbie must have been ousted by the cult metal guys. :(

Not ousted, really. Just put on the back burner for a while because I kept breaking it during beta testing. I mean, it's Barbie, right? So that means it's both plastic AND fantastic. But nevertheless, every one they sent me melted in the sun.

Well at least that prove Apple is still working on it...

Also that proves there are issues with Lion and Mountain Lion still needing to be resolved... Which probably explains partially why Logic X is not out yet.

I noticed that since Mountain Lion is out, I don't see anymore Logic installed on the computers in display at the Apple store (in Montreal and Laval...)

My Local Apple store in Michigan has Logic installed on at least one demo running Mountain Lion. I think it's a good sign that they made some recent audio purchases. My guess is we will see the next version of Logic around the same time we see the next MacPro update, which Apple said was coming next year. But that is only a guess. I really don't care all that much, as Logic works great for me right now.