(the) Logic Pro X Rumours Thread

Darude

Ok, there's hardly anything to match up to ice cream... But we should not forget other food that's worth to be displayed.

Ever tried beetroot chocolate cake? It's a counter-intuitive taste sensation! (Where's the "salivating" emoticon?)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/6222618/Nigel-Slater-recipe-an-extremely-moist-chocolate-beetroot-cake-with-creme-fraiche-and-poppy-seeds.html

Ever tried beetroot chocolate cake? It's a counter-intuitive taste sensation! (Where's the "salivating" emoticon?)

Amazing... I'll try that when the beetroot season starts. Thanks for the link!

I usually chop fresh beetroots, potatoes, take onions or shallots, mushrooms, celary stems and some other vegetable I find, put them on a griddle with olive oil, salt, garlic and rosemary and leave it in the oven for a good while (add the mushrooms later to prevent them from drying out). Simple but delicious.

I had carrot cake before, and shredded carrots are a good ingredient for bread, too... Maybe I should experiment with beetroots and bread... should result in an interesting colour.

I usually chop fresh beetroots, potatoes, take onions or shallots, mushrooms, celary stems and some other vegetable I find, put them on a griddle with olive oil, salt, garlic and rosemary and leave it in the oven for a good while (add the mushrooms later to prevent them from drying out). Simple but delicious.

You've made me really hungry now! Beetroot and watercress salad is another great simple dish. mmmmmm...

I love beets! No kiddin'.

Interesting hot news item with demo tune now available from the app store:

http://www.apple.com/logicpro/in-action/fosterthepeople/

Hopefully the next version will have a nice format for making Beets. :lol:

The Foster the People tracks have that 'unable to take it to the final level' Logic sound.

Although it is possible to achieve that level, they sound as if they didn't. WTF?

How does someone with Logic already get that Foster Children song?

Mark

Not sure - but while I was at the Apple Store a few weeks ago, they were demo'ing the brand new Retina display Macbooks - and they had Logic Pro installed on a few of them - the machines have a full mix of the Foster The Children song on them (just like the "Spaceman" etc. demos that came with Logic Studio). Very neat.

But, unfortunately, I have no idea how to get those demos from Apple.

How does someone with Logic already get that Foster Children song?

Mark

Not sure - but while I was at the Apple Store a few weeks ago, they were demo'ing the brand new Retina display Macbooks - and they had Logic Pro installed on a few of them - the machines have a full mix of the Foster The Children song on them (just like the "Spaceman" etc. demos that came with Logic Studio). Very neat.

But, unfortunately, I have no idea how to get those demos from Apple.

with a thumb drive.

I'm afraid you're missing Apple's strategy:

They want to sell hardware, and the software is the bait. They make money on their machines. Nothing simpler than that.

Except, they seem to be doing everything possible NOT to sell us new "desktop" hardware at least.

saw the 'foster the people' track in the apple store today (hey! i actually remixed one of their songs..in logic).

i meant to ask someone in the store where to get the files, but...got distracted by the retina macbook pro. it's REALLY nice...

If you didn't download the app from the App Store you probably can't. The project files are stored in /Library/Application Support/Logic/Logic Pro Demo Songs

How many YEARS has it been since Logic received a major upgrade??? 3 - 4??? Is it true that Apple has hinted behind the scenes that the released date of Logic 10 will be January 2016??? At this point is anyone convinced that Apple will release Logic 10 before the year 2020??? I'm sure not!!!

I find it so RIDICULOUS that Apple takes 3 - 4 years to make any substantial new updates to and audio Flagship program like Logic. Over years since Apple purchased Logic from Emagic, even minor tweak updates have been few and far in-between!

Seems like Apple truly does NOT have a "SERIOUS" commitment toward updating, upgrading and maintaining consistent cutting edge development of Logic. In my opinion I think it really comes down to money!!! Compared to the zillions of dollars the iPhone, iPod, iPad generate for Apple, obviously Apple's focus and mindset is geared toward their BIG MONEY MAKER products and by no stretch of the imagination is Logic in that elite class of Apple's bread & butter money makers. I doubt if Logic sales generate even 1/10,000th of what Apple's flagship products makes. Maybe in a good year, Logic might generate 0.00000000000000000011% of what Apple's BIG MONEY makers generate in annual sales. After all Apple is a corporation who's primary objective is always MONEY AND PROFIT!!! In light of this perspective, Logic is an abysmal failure!!!!

When Logic was owned by Emagic the program was always always well supported and new updates and fixes were constantly being developed! I don't know, but I have a gut feeling that Apple plans to fold/roll Logic into some sort of GarageBand X app and reposition Logic as some sort of cool audio toy app for the multitudes of hobbyist musicians. Most of Apple's other apps are updated annually or bi-annually, why NOTHING for Logic!!! I think the handwriting is on the wall!!! I hate to say it!!! Under Apple's BIG umbrella, the future of LOGIC is doomed!!!

What say you????

What are you talking about? Logic is almost always the *first* app that gets significant updates. I mean, it was basically the first OSX DAW, and major app, that got rewritten for 64-bit support, which is a *major* undertaking, I tell you. Logic 9 has had consistent updates, and no doubt a new major version of Logic will hit soon.

To be honest, I think I'm more excited about Sound Forge coming to the Mac than I am about the next Logic version. I kinda forget about Logic updates until it's "real" - until then, it's all just speculation, and the patterns are the same they have been for years.

After all Apple is a corporation who's primary objective is always MONEY AND PROFIT!!!

Sorry, which corporations are the ones who's main focus is *not* money and profit?

In light of this perspective, Logic is an abysmal failure!!!!

Or maybe it's just your grasp of business strategies and economics.

The pro apps do make money, and they don't have to make *big* money because they are only small part of a giant machine. They feed that machine in other ways than just software sales revenues.

Most of Apple's other apps are updated annually or bi-annually, why NOTHING for Logic!!! I think the handwriting is on the wall!!! I hate to say it!!! Under Apple's BIG umbrella, the future of LOGIC is doomed!!!

What say you????

Yawn. We all heard all these things before, and every time they've been proved to be unfounded. This time will be no different, I'm confidently predicting... :)

Edited by beej

I don't know, but

So you don't know if Logic is 'doomed', but still use LogicIsDoomed as your user name?

Yamaha doesn't stop making golf products or car interior components even if they are making more profit in other areas. There's no reason for Apple to not make phones - or not develop their music software, even if one of these products make more profit than the other.

It was three years between Logic 7 and 8. It will soon be three years since Logic 9 was released, but Apple is releasing new Logic updates circa every three months. And some of the sub-releases have contained more than just bug-fixes (eg 64-bit and the Ping feature).

If you search this or other forums, you'll find references to people who should know what they are talking about, who insist that Apple still is working on making great DAW software. Like you, I don't know what they are working on, but it must either be a new version of Logic, or a DAW that is so different from Logic that it will have another name. To downgrade Logic into some GarageBand like app would be just silly. Logic is full of features which GB users wouldn't know what to do with. If they want a better or more pro version of GB, they'll upgrade it.

What are you talking about? Logic is almost always the *first* app that gets significant updates. I mean, it was basically the first OSX DAW, and major app, that got rewritten for 64-bit support, which is a *major* undertaking, I tell you. Logic 9 has had consistent updates, and no doubt a new major version of Logic will hit soon.

I never can use 64 bit. The 32-bit bridge seems to be too unreliable for serious usage, as it crashes often (and when working in full screen, will sometimes take the plug-in's controls, and open them in the desktop). Thus, I wouldn't count having 64 bit in Logic that important to me, when I can't really even use it.

Is it the same for you?

I never can use 64 bit. The 32-bit bridge seems to be too unreliable for serious usage, as it crashes often (and when working in full screen, will sometimes take the plug-in's controls, and open them in the desktop). Thus, I wouldn't count having 64 bit in Logic that important to me, when I can't really even use it.

Is it the same for you?

If 3rd party plug-in developers don't support 64bit Logic, how is that Apple's fault? Which plug-ins do you use that are still 32bit?

Alright!

Bring on Logic 'X.'

I have my next set up figured out.

Wow, no one's responded to your post. I'd be harumphing into the next century if it were me! But being that we love our shivermetimbers and wouldn't want him to feel neglected in any way, I shall ask in an over-the-top valley boy stoner voice, "Shiv dude, like, um, what's your next set up?" And does it look anything like this?

tapedaw.jpeg.29158099890b76750355fbc6702136f2.jpeg

Gosh i have been waiting for 4 years now for logic to have elastic pitch and yet we still dont have it???, this is all i want and need!, how much longer do i have to wait!!!???... it just seems so silly and is so annoying that every other daw has had this feature for years now???... come on apple!!!.