Welcome to our new forum!

Actually not new here :D posted under the name wavves for a while but didn't like it lol.....anyway I got a tremendous amount of help and now I'm back :mrgreen:

.....Now you have learnt that Logic Pro Help is like Hotel California - You can check out anytime, but you can never leave! :twisted:

lol is that RHCP reference? Never really herd the song but I'm familiar with most of the 'classics/required' listening material because I listen to so much stuff

Actually not new here :D posted under the name wavves for a while but didn't like it lol.....anyway I got a tremendous amount of help and now I'm back :mrgreen:

.....Now you have learnt that Logic Pro Help is like Hotel California - You can check out anytime, but you can never leave! :twisted:

lol is that RHCP reference? Never really herd the song but I'm familiar with most of the 'classics/required' listening material because I listen to so much stuff

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/7/73/JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg/618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

It's an Eagles reference.

...."Hotel California" by The Eagles:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcg5do_eagles_music#rel-page-3

^ This is a superb performance. Lyrics are at around 5:40.

I just looked at another member's profile to see their posts, and I noticed the "Add Friend" and "Add Foe" links.

What is that all about?

....It's probably something which comes by default with the new site software. I don't imagine that David would want to encourage folks to start either forming themselves into cliques or declaring 'enemies'.

I've not been on this site that long but never seen any serious flaming or conflicts going on - I think that most of us have a lot of respect for each other regardless if there are different opinions.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David,

Any further thoughts/news on the ability to track one's own posts as was possible under the old forum layout? I recall you commented early on in the life of the new forum, that you would look into this but so far, no news that i am aware of?

One of the things I miss is the ability to bring up a list of posts that I have participated in and seeing if anyone has posted further replies to them.... without resorting to email notifications. The current "see my posts' is okay as a stop gap but it doesn't alert you if someone responds or posts further questions to your comment. and so It is kind of hard tracking replies and responses to threads i have commented on at this time and I would truly appreciate that functionality being resurrected if possible?

Cheers!

Hi David,

Not sure if this has been asked or requested before, but... On the old website you had a list of paths (shown in red) to various prefs and stuff that you could click on and insert in a post. Is there any way you could reinstate those?

Cheers!

Ski

Has anyone else noticed a slow down on page loading on the forum?

When the new site was first launched I would click on a link to a post or a forum and it would load instantly. Recently (the last few weeks or so) the pages take on average about 3-6 seconds to load.

Just wondering if this is an issue with LPH.com's server or an issue with my ISP (I haven't experienced the same issue with other sites).

Has anyone else noticed a slow down on page loading on the forum?

Scott, I'm afraid to say, that's an issue with our server. I am on top of this though, so hopefully this should be solved shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for reporting your experience, it's always useful!

Not sure if this has been asked or requested before, but... On the old website you had a list of paths (shown in red) to various prefs and stuff that you could click on and insert in a post. Is there any way you could reinstate those?

That's a good point. One more to add to the list. :wink:

Scott, I'm afraid to say, that's an issue with our server. I am on top of this though, so hopefully this should be solved shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for reporting your experience, it's always useful!

No problem David. Not complaining. Just curious. I can live with it until you solve it.

Thanks for your reply!