Welcome to our new forum!

Here they link to whatever post it is over. So they're different links for every post.

I'm not talking about the titles above each post, I'm talking about the PAGE TITLE for each web page. Refer to my post above which has an attachment of the Logic page.

Ah, I misunderstood. Sorry! :)

Your image is 1021px wide.

8) Do not post images wider than 800px

....I've edited the image down to 800px but it's still not displaying fully :cry:

Why doesn't it at least load scroll bars like in the earlier post by Scott?

Edited by Red Robin

Ok I'll have to look into that, but meanwhile, you can attach images to your post rather than link to them - why not attach the image to your post?

Yes. This is what I was noticing while David typed his reply. I attach images and it works as expected. Red Robin used the image link and it rendered a different result.

....I've edited the image down to 800px but it's still not displaying fully :cry:

Ok I'll have to look into that, but meanwhile, you can attach images to your post rather than link to them - why not attach the image to your post?

.....Ok, It's just that I always link to all my images via Photobucket.

you can attach images to your post rather than link to them - why not attach the image to your post?

Exactly!

Correct me if I'm wrong David but isn't attaching an image preferred (more "archival") for the site than links. After all, if someone removes the source of the link, the image will not show up on LPH.com for future viewers.

Correct me if I'm wrong David but isn't attaching an image preferred (more "archival") for the site than links. After all, if someone removes the source of the link, the image will not show up on LPH.com for future viewers.

You're 100% correct, in fact I've long played with the idea of not allowing external links due to that very reason. For the same reason I will end up disallowing external links in our file sharing forum. Nothing more annoying than finding a thread with someone sharing a sampler instrument, 12 answers from people saying how great it sounds, only to realize that the link is broken.

Sometimes it's more helpful to a viewer (present or future) to be able to read related text and view an image at the same time. My layout illustration is a good example of this if I write some questions.

Another example is when someone is referring to a screenshot of part of a Logic window.

Edited by Red Robin

Sometimes it's more helpful to a viewer (present or future) to be able to read related text and view an image at the same time. My layout illustration is a good example of this if I write some questions.

We're not arguing that point. All we're saying is that you should attach your image to your post rather than linking to an external 3rd party site hosting your image. We can host your image - why have someone else host it?

...For the same reason I will end up disallowing external links in our file sharing forum. Nothing more annoying than finding a thread with someone sharing a sampler instrument, 12 answers from people saying how great it sounds, only to realize that the link is broken.

From what I remember when I stuck up a couple of sampler instruments, the file size limit for attachments was too low, which is why I linked to DropBox. What's the .zip file limit?

Oh, and the new site is very cool, much improved. Good work, and it was cool to see that Eric is the new mod, excellent choice! :D

EDIT: And how about being able to host avatar pics?

From what I remember when I stuck up a couple of sampler instruments, the file size limit for attachments was too low, which is why I linked to DropBox. What's the .zip file limit?

I'm not even sure - but if you're trying to upload something larger than the limit, which is rare, please contact me (Use the "About Us" link in the main navigation bar) and I'll help.

Oh, and the new site is very cool, much improved. Good work, and it was cool to see that Eric is the new mod, excellent choice!

Yup! And Jordito too is our new mod!

EDIT: And how about being able to host avatar pics?

Something I'll look into - shouldn't be any problem.

I'm not even sure - but if you're trying to upload something larger than the limit, which is rare, please contact me (Use the "About Us" link in the main navigation bar) and I'll help.

Ok cool.

And Jordito too is our new mod!

Sweet, missed that one.

Two very helpful and level-headed guys! I don't think that you could've got better! :D (not from round these parts anyway :lol: )

Very much enjoying the new look and feel of the Forum. Just one question: in the old Forum you could navigate to "my questions" or something like it, to check in and see replies to a question one posted.

I used to Bookmark this in my browser because you could quickly check back to see if a reply to a question had been posted

In the new forum I have hunted around but cannot find such a page: am i thick or does it not exist ... :)

many thanks David,

best

M S

In the new forum I have hunted around but cannot find such a page: am i thick or does it not exist ... :)

Hey Music Spirit, that's a known issue I'm afraid:

10. Bring back the "View your posts" link at the top of the Board index.

We will. For now you can go to your User Control Panel (button at the top left of forum pages when logged in), and click "Show your posts" at the bottom.

No problem thanks David... much appreciate your work in keeping this distinctive great forum healthy

best

Adam

PS And one other thing I wondered: would you ever consider having a "like" button? I wouldnt go so far as to suggest a "ratings" star fish system, nor even a Facebook one, but if you look at the Guardian UK newspaper website, they have a simple system of appreciating a post with one anonymous click.

I often would like to acknowledge a post without necessary replying, especially when the author has taken time and trouble to explain something in detail

When I receive email notices telling me someone has posted on a thread that I am following I am forced to sign in when I click on the link to the post just to view it.

It wasn't like that on the old site.

Intentional change?

No sure what purpose that fulfills but it's kind of an annoyance.

Can it be changed?

When I receive email notices telling me someone has posted on a thread that I am following I am forced to sign in when I click on the link to the post just to view it.

It wasn't like that on the old site.

Intentional change?

No sure what purpose that fulfills but it's kind of an annoyance.

Can it be changed?

....That happened to me but only once, and now it's back to expected behaviour.

Perhaps it's the new system reacquainting itself.

I had the same until I took David's advice and deleted LPH cookies and cleared my cache.

....Exactly. That's what I mean, Scott - With the cache as previously, the site then 'sees' you as a newcomer and hence asks for registration/login until you have logged in and renewed the cache for next time. I may not be entirely right but you get the principle of how such things happen. :)