Welcome to our new forum!

I think they're right Scott, that issue has nothing to do with the LPH.com site itself, but with your cookies in your browser. Try deleting all logicprohelp cookies and cache, and log -in again, see if that solves the problem? Let me know and if I'm wrong I'll inquire further.

Nope. I delete my cookies and empty my cache several times every day. Still have the same problem.

Since reading your post I Reset Safari deleting all cookies, emptying the cache, clearing the hisotory etc. I just received another email notice and was asked to Login to view the post.

Nope. I delete my cookies and empty my cache several times every day. Still have the same problem.

Since reading your post I Reset Safari deleting all cookies, emptying the cache, clearing the hisotory etc. I just received another email notice and was asked to Login to view the post.

OK thanks for reporting back Scott. I'll look into it and will let you know.

So next time you receive an email, don't click the link. First come to the forum, see if you're logged in and can post normally. If you are, then go to the email and click the link in the email, see if it asks you to log in?

Just tried it with the email notice for your latest post. Everything works as expected when I am logged in, it's just when I'm not logged in I am asked to login just to view the post.

[Edit] Of course if I come to the forum and find the thread manually I can click on it and view it without being logged in, it's only when going to the post through the link in the email that I am asked to login to view the post.

Edited by Scott Jackson

Hi and greetings !

Late Entry :

I thought I'd contribute in this sector by saying " Great forum construction David.

Also., congratulations to the new couple whom have been made as MODERATORS ., Jordito and Eric.B. I'm looking forward to both of your technical support., when ever there is a difficult experience with Logic., at my end of the stream. However., don't get cocky now., there are others whom wish to support as well in this forum ... :lol: o O HAH..HAH :wink:

Regards KRE8A :o

On the old forum if I closed my browser then went back,it showed only new posts since my last visit.

Now I have to Mark all forums read or I see everything since the last time I did so.

Same here, or if I turn the computer off or go to another computer then I see only new posts since my last visit.

On the old forum if I closed my browser then went back,it showed only new posts since my last visit.

Now I have to Mark all forums read or I see everything since the last time I did so.

Same here, or if I turn the computer off or go to another computer then I see only new posts since my last visit.

I actually like the new behavior.

I think this is how it should behave.

I actually like the new behavior.

I think this is how it should behave.

Correct, the new behavior is by design: unready topics means topics you have never read, independently of when you logged in or out. I personally like it much better that way, although I can understand that some people may have gotten used to the "old" way - sorry!

You can only edit your posts up to 15mn after posting. This is to protect against abusive editing, which can render threads meaningless when people go back to an old post and edit or delete its content. Do you feel like 15mn is too short maybe? OK I changed it to 30mn.

As a compulsive (and I like to think non-abusive) editor of posts - usually hours or days after I've written them - would there be any way of upping ourselves into a "Group" that's allowed to edit posts at any time without necessarily being an Admin?

Just tried it with the email notice for your latest post. Everything works as expected when I am logged in, it's just when I'm not logged in I am asked to login just to view the post.

[Edit] Of course if I come to the forum and find the thread manually I can click on it and view it without being logged in, it's only when going to the post through the link in the email that I am asked to login to view the post.

OK Scott, I looked into it and I'm afraid this is actually a new FEATURE, not a bug. :lol: Guess it goes to show that one man's feature is another man's bug.

The reason the board forces you to log in when you click the first link in a notification email is to keep track of you reading that thread: as is said in the text of the email, you will not receive further notifications unless you visit the thread (while logged in). Otherwise the board would have no way of knowing whether or not you've visited the thread, and would keep sending you notifications every time someone posted to the thread, which would be considered great for some (maybe for you?) but annoying for others.

So for now your workarounds are to click the 2nd link, or to manually take out the "&e=413793" part of the URL in the first link.

Thanks!

OK Scott, I looked into it and I'm afraid this is actually a new FEATURE, not a bug. :lol: Guess it goes to show that one man's feature is another man's bug.

The reason the board forces you to log in when you click the first link in a notification email is to keep track of you reading that thread: as is said in the text of the email, you will not receive further notifications unless you visit the thread (while logged in). Otherwise the board would have no way of knowing whether or not you've visited the thread, and would keep sending you notifications every time someone posted to the thread, which would be considered great for some (maybe for you?) but annoying for others.

So for now your workarounds are to click the 2nd link, or to manually take out the "&e=413793" part of the URL in the first link.

OK David.

Thanks for looking into it and for the explanation.

Hopefully this is the right place to post this:

Does the new forum software have the option for all posts in threads to be numbered? The first post in each thread would be #1. The reason for my suggestion is that it could help in referencing solutions to discussed issues.

Post numbering is included in several other forums I am a member of.

Does the new forum software have the option for all posts in threads to be numbered?

Yes, but there's a better way to reference individual posts: just click the little icon to the left of the "By Poster_name" mention at the top of a post:

pic001.png.0954cae62a907323f5960f0ba0d3073a.png

That will give you a link to that specific post. Try it:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=415102#p415102