mountain lion...report from the frontline...

fisherking

Yep, the website is up now. I've reinstalled the latest drivers, and the audio interface works.

So, this Lexicon U22 interface audio works in Mountain Lion, although it is a discontinued product, I found out that today.

Also, Logic seems to work with no problems here. I have opened a few projects, I have recorded an audio track, and every plugin seems to be working after the rescanning.

Everything's looking good here.

Did all the factory plug-ins work proficiently? Make sure to play with the channel EQ, with the analyzer on.

I'm surprised to be reporting on the front line.

But after holding out on installing Lion altogether (because of a WIFI bug), I did some testing on a spare drive with Mountain Lion and decided the bug was gone & installed it on my main drive (upgraded from Snow Leopard).

Anyway, I spent a few hours working in Logic last night on an old track and there was no difference in anything, no issues or anything unusual. I'm happy so far.

(apart from the fact that I consider the WIFI bug I was experiencing to have taken 1 year to fix)

Edited by furrytoes

hm, after a clean install of ML the logic installer (dvd version) tells me that it can`t install logic, while there is an error :roll:

thank god, i have 2 backUps, so i copied the logic application into the ml program folder.

after double-click on the logic icon, now i have to download 2gb from the internet :?

so, this is f###### stupid while i have the whole content on my original DVDs

please, have anyone any idea where i can copy the logic content (jam packs etc.) in ML ?

under library -> application support i don`t found a logic folder

Jam packs should be in HD/Library/Audio

Thanks a lot !

i also copied the Garageband and Logic Folder from my BackUp to HD -> Library - > Application Support

and Impulse Responses to HD/Library/Audio

i hope i`m not missing anything now :roll:

This one concerns me. I am wondering if anyone has installed Logic 9.0.0 from the DVDs onto a ML computer.

Hi everyone. From what I'm reading, the new Gatekeeper feature in Mountain Lion - presumably introduced to protect against rogue installations - is what is prohibiting installations from sources other than the App Store. It's a forward-looking intent by Apple to get all developers to funnel their product through the App Store.

The workaround is to turn off Gatekeeper. I don't have ML installed, so cannot walk you through this. I believe Steinberg has mention of this on their site, as does Native Instruments and some others. Novation has also recommended turning this off so Automap will run correctly, though I've seen a post here indicating it may be working, nevertheless.

Your install DVDs, even though an Apple product, are probably being flagged by Gatekeeper. Anyone who purchased Logic through the App Store will not have these issues. This is all part of the new paradigm of digital downloads that Apple is urging everyone to adopt. Try turning off Gatekeeper and then load the DVD installers.

pax

P.S. I should clarify that most digital download installers need to be made "Gatekeeper Compatible," hence it's business as usual when getting the most recent updates from those respective sites.

Edited by gpax

i think you can simply control-click, and have the option to allow any app to be installed. either way, EVERYTHING i've DL'd from the web (lots of system customizations, shareware apps), have installed with nothing popping up (and i have gatekeeper on, set to "allow apps from apple store and identified developers")

i think you can simply control-click, and have the option to allow any app to be installed. either way, EVERYTHING i've DL'd from the web (lots of system customizations, shareware apps), have installed with nothing popping up (and i have gatekeeper on, set to "allow apps from apple store and identified developers")

Good to know. I'm still weeding through all relevant posts before I take the plunge. This is useful information.

Logic has done well today, worked hardest of the 5 days. no complaints.

Can't think of anything "needed" in the upgrades to come,

hope the first one fixes the problems we're seeing on the forums here. I like to think so.

here's info on graphics cards on this macbook pro., display resolution is default.

MacBookPro graphics

GeForce 9400M

This card is used, think it's the default.

GeForce 9600M GT

This card works fine on the desktop,

logic runs without problems but not as responsive as when using earlier card.

Setting the Energy Saver Graphics to High performance 9600 GT here works and is usable.

Moving back to Better battery life 9400M made even logging in much quicker.

OS X defaults to Better battery life, if you've never changed it, the right one is being used. I got to see the difference by accident, changing it and leaving it on the the later graphics card for quite some time, the slow down wasn't enough to make me switch straight back, when i did logic performed a lot better, along with the the desktop.

Projects on another disk is the way to go, the free space created on the system makes for lighter running.

Firewire external disk and os x upgrade so close together makes me wonder what has done what and when?

The difference is for the better, using logic today with the same workflow as before, edited and renamed regions, fine..

Thanks to the help obtained in this forum, logic is a pleasure to use! Thanks again 8-)

This one concerns me. I am wondering if anyone has installed Logic 9.0.0 from the DVDs onto a ML computer.

Hi everyone. From what I'm reading, the new Gatekeeper feature in Mountain Lion - presumably introduced to protect against rogue installations - is what is prohibiting installations from sources other than the App Store. It's a forward-looking intent by Apple to get all developers to funnel their product through the App Store.

The workaround is to turn off Gatekeeper.

Your install DVDs, even though an Apple product, are probably being flagged by Gatekeeper.

gatekeeper was turned off before installing logic, so i think the reason was the "old" logic version on the dvd.

i copied all files by hand from my backup disk and when i first start logic, it loads another 2 gb (new?) content over the internet.

now everything seams to run fine again :mrgreen:

Anyone else have an AppleTV? Logic is popping up a dialog box every few minutes say "Logic is scanning for audio devices and found Apple TV. Would you like to start using it?". It's driving me crazy and I can't find anywhere to disable this behavior.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Anyone else have an AppleTV? Logic is popping up a dialog box every few minutes say "Logic is scanning for audio devices and found Apple TV. Would you like to start using it?". It's driving me crazy and I can't find anywhere to disable this behavior.

system preferences > displays, here show only one option along the bottom of the window

- Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available - deselected now, was enabled.

Does your menu show more options?

I have this same problem. It's driving me crazy also. I posted on the apple forums but I don't see many people having the same issue. I can barely get anything done. :x

I have this same problem. It's driving me crazy also. I posted on the apple forums but I don't see many people having the same issue. I can barely get anything done. :x

don't have an apple tv, but...what about turning off wifi (or unplugging ethernet)? perhaps try this...

don't have an apple tv, but...what about turning off wifi (or unplugging ethernet)? perhaps try this...

I turned off the Apple TV. I'll try wifi next.

Edit: Turned off WIFI and it stops asking. But turn it back on and it starts asking again.

I installed Mountain Lion last night and, despite limited time to dabble, everything seems very good with Logic.

All my plug-ins seem fine, which includes Omnisphere, Trillian and RMX. Logic itself seems to have a clearer graphical image in some areas and (until now) hasn't hung up on start-up as it scanned through 'AUNet' (something to do with the 32bit bridge I think). It used to do this often, and a force quit and restart was required to sort it out and let the fun start.

Oh, NI Maschine seems to be crashing more often in standalone mode, but that's not really one for this board I guess.

One more gripe though, is that it's not installable on my old Macbook Pro, which is mid-2006. Only 6 years old, and not able to run current OS? That seems to be unlike Apple and their platinum image.

With Logic specifically though, very happy so far ....

Graphics issues for some, others report no problems. Not long back i had logic freeze on me while renaming regions, piano editing "lots of", maybe too quickly. White flash, freeze. Force quit needed, out of nowhere? Lasted a couple of days.

Looking back i recall glancing at "Magic Mouse" in the instant the freeze began wondering if i'd clicked the wrong part of the mouse, looking up saw the freeze. The MBP is set back away from me so the trackpad is not used much, Key commands and magic mouse my main flow. Took a while to remember i'd changed to the "High Performance" graphics card ages ago, all seemed fine, until just before Lion-ML upgrade. I bought ExtFw7200rpm disk and set it up, changing the graphics to the default "Better Battery Life" > 9400M Graphics card... Login was quick! really quick, os x is refreshed, light...

No problems with logic for a month or so now. I'm lucky, others are having a bad time of it.

Squashing bugs is good for all. 8-)

http://www.apple.com/feedback/logicpro.html

Hi all!

After upgrading to ML I have a weird problem: during playback if I change any setting in plug-ins (EC, Compressor, AU...), the program freezes and doesn't respond on any click or key. Only after 5-10 seconds it starts to respond. After that again freezes. Sound is playing though, pop-ups of plug-ins opened can be moved around, but nothing else is possible to do. If I swipe up to Mission Control and get back to Logic, it allows at least to stop playback. When it's stopped every plug-in works well though... :(

Tried to switch between 32-bit and 64-bit, tried to disable installed 3-rd party AU, tried to turn off a Trackpad (read somewhere about Magic Mouse issue), even tried to adjust settings with buffer size, my CPU is merely half loaded.

Does anyone know what can be a cause of that?

Thanks in advance!