Logic Pro 10.6 Official Manual and Resources

David Nahmani

The kits in Drum Kit Designer are pretty good, but anyways, here's one: you can substitute a 3rd party plugin for Drum Kit Designer in Drummer, IF you can set the plugin to work in GM mode. Tried it with Addictive Drums, works fine, but if you change the drummer, the kit changes back to the default for that drummer.

Didn't see the Tuner in the "what's different" list at top of this thread. Rather than an insert, it's global and is only available when an audio track is selected, from what I'm seeing.

There's a good use for one of the FXX keys on the numeric keypad section. :-) I've got F16 set to show/hide it. I like the tuner's operation better than the legacy plug-in, too.

While going through some old sessions, noticed the appearance of the Fuzz-Wah was different, soft of a wood grain motif.

You can now drag the Auto Wah, Comp, and Fuzz components to change their location in the signal chain.

I don't recall the enhancement being announced as a new and improved feature.

8)

Thanks!

Since I'm here already, has logic pro introduced a way to pitch audio samples without using speed flex? I'm trying to pitch shift drum samples. Flex Pitch and Speed aren't that great on drums.

I was hoping I could find something in the new track editor area. Any tips?

This thread is not really meant for asking question. It's meant for sharing general information and tricks and tips about Logic Pro X.

Create a new topic for your question in the Logic Pro forum. Thank you!

Didn't see the Tuner in the "what's different" list at top of this thread. Rather than an insert, it's global and is only available when an audio track is selected, from what I'm seeing.

Thanks, great point - although it still an insert and not a global tuner, it's just accessible quickly from a button on the Control bar. Clicking that button creates an input channel strip with a Tuner plug-in inserted for that input. But if you select another track with another input and click the Tuner button again it has to create another channel strip for that input, and you'll see two different Tuner plug-ins.

Still I'm adding a mention in the original post of this thread.

You can click and drag markers to the Arrange track.

What would be cool is if you could click and expand a song section on the Arrange track

and reveal a 'sub-track' that shows the chords,if applicable to any midi, in a song.

Sadly the chord track is forever gone now :(

The chord track is gone!?! Why?

The chord track is gone!?! Why?

Dunno. I used it frequently in Logic 9 and became part of my workflow.

I could always go back but I now have this new song started and well on it's way

in Logic X and I'm kinda getting to know things better.

I'd still prefer they bring the Chord track back though :(

Nearly all comments I read about the Logic team's decisions sound like conspiracy theories. If you knew them personally you'd understand that they're all passionate musicians, they love producing music, and they love spending their time making the best possible tool on earth to help others make music.

The decision making in a corporation such as Apple is much more pragmatic than many of you seem to think. They may for example look at statistics from bug reports. If they find out that 10% of bug reports are related to the Chord track, and they can't find an easy way to fix the feature that doesn't break other fundamental things in Logic, then the decision to remove the feature makes sense.

It's the same type of decision that at one point made the team remove the "Wait for note recording" feature. It pissed off many users, but the truth is, that feature had been broken for years and they probably couldn't fix it without opening a can of bugs, so they just removed it.

Please understand that I am not ranting at Apple, but just giving a personal opinion about an hypothetical scenario.

I could not believe that a product such as Logic could be developed by mischievous conspirators. And it is easily conceivable that at some point, they have to let go some features that are causing more problems than are benefiting users. Although in some cases it is sad that they don't have the required resources to iron out the coding problems behind those great ideas, yielding in their loss...

• 1 month later...

I often used the chord track in LP9 to do a quick chord analysis of songs I hadn't played in a while.

With LPX I create a 'no output' track at the top of my arrangement and create empty regions named as chords (Em Am7 etc), and adjust the length to show the chord changes.

I notice that Cubase has added a lot of functionality around its 'chord track', so it will be interesting to see if the Logic team decide to reintroduce the 'chord track' with additional functionality or abandon it all together.

I hope LPX follows FCPX and adds functionality incrementally rather than waiting years for major updates.

• 2 weeks later...

"Quick and Dirty" method of using multiple Drummer tracks in the same project...

There are probably other ways of achieving the same thing but this is my method..

1) Create a Drummer track

2) Select the Drummer Track and right click on Track Header and create a Track Stack. Select Summing Stack from the dialog box that appears.

3) Select the first Drummer Track in the stack and press the duplicate track button as many times as you want extra Drummer tracks..

4) Select the First Drummer track's first Region and setup the parameters in the Drummer interface for that Drummer Region.

5) Drag the Drummer Region down to one of the Extra Drummer tracks you created in step #3

6) Repeat #4 and #5 for each Drummer track you created...

7) Use the track Mute button to turn on/off each fo the tracks in the stack to hear only the one Drummer track you wish to hear.. (Note: You can actually mix two (or more) different Drummer tracks using two different drummers and patterns this way if you wished to!)

Additional Note: You cannot change the drummer or the patterns for the additional Drummer tracks you created in step #3. You can only modify the Drummer regions and the Drummer params using track one in the stack but you can then drag and drop the regions onto the duplicated tracks...and the params are carried over into the duplicated track..

Play with it a little...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just noticed something I don't think I've seen mentioned before. I think this is new as of v.10.0.5

Option double click the gain reduction meter and it forces a new Channel EQ and Compressor to be called up in the first two slots. I know that Option clicking forced it into the top slot; but I think this option double click behaviour is new.

Eli

Just noticed something I don't think I've seen mentioned before. I think this is new as of v.10.0.5

Option double click the gain reduction meter and it forces a new Channel EQ and Compressor to be called up in the first two slots. I know that Option clicking forced it into the top slot; but I think this option double click behaviour is new.

Eli

Does not seem to work on LPX 10.0.6 :(