Studio Pics

Nope, TFTs, albeit early ones. Not the fastest on the planet, so a scrolling waveform smears a bit.

Christian

Four CRT monitors? Isn't it getting hot, not to speak of the electricity bills?

Also, near reference monitors should be on the same level as your ears, so unless you stand up all the time, maybe the monitor placement is not optional.

Four CRT monitors? Isn't it getting hot, not to speak of the electricity bills?

Three TFTs and one TV.

Also, near reference monitors should be on the same level as your ears, so unless you stand up all the time, maybe the monitor placement is not optional.

They're aiming down at ear level. When scoring to picture I have to look up to the TV anyway. The sweet spot isn't really large, but inside it it works nicely. My mixes translate well to the real world.

Christian

Christian..

Two of them puppies would be a great update for those old CRTs!!!!

Thanks. Those aren't CRTs although they might look so.

With two monitors I found that you're always staring at the gap. Three is better.

When one of those buggers dies will be the time I will have to rethink this arrangement.

Christian

• 3 weeks later...

so my dad built a desk for me, i'm happy with it and thought i'd post some pics.

nice and clean and comfortable:

http://img.skitch.com/20090916-eh1gr9thy326eqb959kc347hc.jpg

when i actually put all the crap back in my room (featuring my new toy as of today, the theremin!)

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4598/p1010501u.jpg

Just looking at that chair made my hemorrhoids flare up .. but hey .. if it works for you, that is all that matters.

(but if you decide you need a donut - I know where you can get a killer used one)

:D

i'm trying to sell a used donut atm too. no one seems to want it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bij4Z4HkKLI/SbKDtg2Yk3I/AAAAAAAACNw/vQiUhT5YK7I/s320/half-eaten+donut.JPG

Just looking at that chair made my hemorrhoids flare up .. but hey .. if it works for you, that is all that matters.

(but if you decide you need a donut - I know where you can get a killer used one)

:D

i'm trying to sell a used donut atm too. no one seems to want it.

OMG!!!

I have those EXACT SAME plates. :lol: :lol:

They're older than I am. :D

Oh yes, that pattern plate was quite common in the early 1970's... I believe Corelle (and some of its sister companies; Corning, etc) used it quite consistently. It was a favorite for wedding gifts. The pattern was called "butterfly", and mostly they were "golden butterfly" --

For example:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10329419

Too much information??? :lol:

Haha, and yep, I collect mid-late century (modern) antiques. :oops:

And, yes, if any of you have those plates in the "blue" pattern, I'm willing to buy!

Oh yes, that pattern plate was quite common in the early 1970's... I believe Corelle (and some of its sister companies; Corning, etc) used it quite consistently. It was a favorite for wedding gifts. The pattern was called "butterfly", and mostly they were "golden butterfly" --

Dope. Speaking of Corning, I flipped over my "La Marjolaine" dish and found it to be produced by Corningware as well. I think my dad still has some of these packed away somewhere. I had two, but the shallow saucepan broke. Now all I have is this little thing... and I still have the glass lid. Booyeah.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29627483

Supposin' I should post a pic of my DAW setup.

C

I have a window :D

Actually, coffee shops over here are 24-hrs and can be really nearby ( I mean walking distance ) and it's a pretty safe place with a growing nightlife. My friends tend to get me out of my den every now and then for supper.

Hit me up if you're ever in Singapore!

We could call it a 'Logic User Intl Exchange Program'

Astavi - the desk was from a local furniture store here called Vhive.

Keyboard stand was custom-made

I have a window :D

Actually, coffee shops over here are 24-hrs and can be really nearby ( I mean walking distance ) and it's a pretty safe place with a growing nightlife. My friends tend to get me out of my den every now and then for supper.

Hit me up if you're ever in Singapore!

We could call it a 'Logic User Intl Exchange Program'

Astavi - the desk was from a local furniture store here called Vhive.

Keyboard stand was custom-made

Oh so you rigged up a stand with the keyboard under the desk...Why didn't I think of that? :oops:

I just hope my midiboard fits :shock: