A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

simoncroft

Re: Assign MIDI controllers

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:57 am

Thank you for the advice below. I've reposted my first question here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153525
Last edited by simoncroft on Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mac Pro 5,1 • Catalina • LPX 10.6 • M-Audio Axiom 49 • Korg nanoKontrol • Focusrite Saffire Pro26 • Embarrassing amount of plug-ins

David Nahmani
Site Admin
Topic Author

Re: Assign MIDI controllers

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:31 pm

simoncroft wrote:
I've been watching this thread for months, and I think I've read all of it from the start. Although I've learn many useful things, and conducted a number of experiments that were semi-successful, I'm struggling to see the big picture here. I'd be grateful if anyone could explain this to me:

1) My understanding is that the hierarchy within the Controller Assignments is Zone/Mode(s)/ individual parameters and that a Zone could comprise, say, only the faders on two separate controllers. But I don't understand how, having created a Zone you 'tell it' what should be included! I've read a lot of Apple literature on this, and they always seem to gloss over that bit.

2) I'm trying to set things up so I have a Zone called plug-ins, then individual Modes called 'Linear Phase EQ, Channel EQ etc. Is that how it should be structured, or am I missing the point?

3) Apple mentions that a Zone can have other Zones nested within in it. Any pointers as to how I make that happen?

I'm grateful for any help.

Hi Simon,

While there can never be a guarantee that your questions will be answered, to increase your chances of getting your questions viewed (and potentially answered) I recommend you create individual topics for each one of those questions, and post as new topics in the Logic Pro forum. Good luck!
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM