el capitan (public beta) & logic X...

fisherking

I'm running the latest PB and I'm now running into problems with validating FM8 and Replika. They show either validation failed or validation crashed in the Audio Units Manager. But oddly all my other NI plug-ins work just fine. Anyone else experiencing plug-in validation issues with El Cap?.

I'm running the latest PB and I'm now running into problems with validating FM8 and Replika. They show either validation failed or validation crashed in the Audio Units Manager. But oddly all my other NI plug-ins work just fine. Anyone else experiencing plug-in validation issues with El Cap?.

probably not my smartest-named post, :roll: but see this:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=118685

probably not my smartest-named post, :roll: but see this:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=118685

Thanks for the link. Its actually the perfect thread title as the Auvaltool is pissing me off too lol. But where can I find the caches? I just restored the plug-ins from Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ but that alone did not fix it.

I have had one big issue with El Capitan and Logic, with NO plugins engaged, about every 10 minutes or so of recording, I get major static/fuzz/skipping on my takes. I quit and relaunch and all is ok. I am a knuckle-head for upgrading--I know!

Thanks for the link. Its actually the perfect thread title as the Auvaltool is pissing me off too lol. But where can I find the caches? I just restored the plug-ins from Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ but that alone did not fix it.

you need to close logic, replace the AU's with the previously-saved ones, and replace this folder with an earlier saved one: AudioUnitCache, in User>Library>Caches. if you have the FM8 and replika VSTs installed, remove those too (and perhaps check the digidesign and avid folders in HD>Library>Application Support).

the opposite of fun, but...getting back to the music does = fun....

you need to close logic, replace the AU's with the previously-saved ones, and replace this folder with an earlier saved one: AudioUnitCache, in User>Library>Caches. if you have the FM8 and replika VSTs installed, remove those too (and perhaps check the digidesign and avid folders in HD>Library>Application Support).

the opposite of fun, but...getting back to the music does = fun....

This is odd. I'm browsing my Time Machine backup and I can't seem to find not one backup of the caches folder. It only exists for the present. Is this the nature of the cache folder? Can I just delete it?

if you delete it, you'll have to start over with your AU organization...and that may not fix the problem (probably not). you need to get into the user library backup, but...not entirely sure (i use Carbon Copy Cloner to backup). and am not at my desk.

you want to find a path to the BACKUP's user library>cache folder....

Hi - The culprits are these :

auval

auvaltool

in side /usr/bin

I replace those new ones with the ones from the first beta... that works. 100%.

You need to boot from another drive and so replace the those two files as OS X will NOT let you delete those EVEN when in SUDO mode in Terminal...

Good Luck...

Have you tried using the force AU validation tool (google it if you want to try it)

Time Machine doesn't backup the cache. I keep a manual copy of it backed up on occasion just for the heck of it.

ah, that explains it. viva carbon copy cloner! meanwhile, the AU validation tool was the first thing i had tried when having validation problems...and it did not help.

SFVO...that really sounds like a plugin running in demo mode. but you said you had not plugins running...have you tried running with your mac's built-in audio? see if the problem continues. if not...something to do with your audio interface...

Thanks for all the suggestions but even after replacing the auval and auvaltool from first beta time machine backup, FM8 still hangs on validation and Replika just crashes it. I found the AU validation tool as well but I'm a bit wary on running it. And Fisherking says it didn't work for him so I don't really feel confident about it either. I wonder if all it takes are future builds or when El Cap is finally released to fix the issue?

Thanks for all the suggestions but even after replacing the auval and auvaltool from first beta time machine backup, FM8 still hangs on validation and Replika just crashes it. I found the AU validation tool as well but I'm a bit wary on running it. And Fisherking says it didn't work for him so I don't really feel confident about it either. I wonder if all it takes are future builds or when El Cap is finally released to fix the issue?

not sure, but i think it's time you contacted NI. the final el capitan may fix it, but...why wait for that? see what NI can do for you...they're a little...slow, but they helped me several years back with some craziness... good luck!

not sure, but i think it's time you contacted NI. the final el capitan may fix it, but...why wait for that? see what NI can do for you...they're a little...slow, but they helped me several years back with some craziness... good luck!

I actually contacted them before I jumped in this thread and unfortunately they said they couldn't assist my further since it's a beta product and they don't provide support for beta OSes. They said I'd have to wait until El Cap is finally released before submitting my query again.

But thanks again for your ideas. I just wish I had a copy of that earlier cache to restore, like you suggested! As xgman pointed out earlier, Time Machine doesn't back it up which puts me SOL. I'm pretty sure that would have fixed it right there. I might start doing the same thing and manually back it up from now on. Anyway, I'll keep tinkering and searching in the meantime. :)

it's a bad judgement call on apple's part; the audiounits cache folder is essential. delete it, and you have to re-do your AU organization in logic. so...EVERYONE should option-drag a copy of that file from Users>Home>Library>Caches NOW somewhere else, so there's a backup...for moments like this.

have you tried, for example, uninstalling replika, and reinstalling? (easier to start with that than FM8). nuisance tho...and shame NI won't step up (altho i understand it)...

wish i had more ideas...if i could give you the cache file lines of code for replika...but anyway, won't help with FM8. any friend's with logic X? or access to another mac? if you could get LX installed with your plugins, then copy THAT audiocache file...

anyway, hope you get it sorted out. i know what it feels like to be dealing with this stuff.

That a great idea! But I have a ton of plug-ins. Is it possible to install LPX on a system with only the FM8 and Replika plug-ins, and just copy that cache over to my main system? Will Logic just rescan the rest of the plug-ins existing on this system and re-validate those?

it's one file for all plugins. you might be able to do that (install the plugins on another mac with logic X, and make sure they work).

then open the working audiocache file (in, for example, textwrangler). then copy the lines of info for FM8 and replika. THEN, paste them OVER the lines for fm8 & replika in your non-working audiocache file (on your 10.11 mac). i mean, seems like a real longshot, but...that's probably what i would try next. otherwise...am truly out of ideas.

and don't hesitate to reach out on the NI forums, you might get some good ideas there.

EDIT: or maybe your idea. validate those 2 only in logic X, then (copy the active cache file first somewhere!) replace the one on your unhappy mac with this working one, THEN validate everything else).

all sounds nuts, but...sometimes the crazier fixes are the one that works. i should know... 8)

I have a copy of Yosemite installed on an external flash drive, but unfortunately its only 16GB large, and so after installing Logic (1.05GB) i completely forgot about the required (5GB i guess?) additional content that had to be downloaded. So that was a quick dead end.

Anyway haven't had time but I'll try and installing LPX tomorrow night on my wife's iMac. I did try opening AudioUnitCache in Textwrangler and it looked crazy, so I'm hoping just copying a new cache will just work and I won't have to copy and paste any code lol.

I have a copy of Yosemite installed on an external flash drive, but unfortunately its only 16GB large, and so after installing Logic (1.05GB) i completely forgot about the required (5GB i guess?) additional content that had to be downloaded. So that was a quick dead end.

Anyway haven't had time but I'll try and installing LPX tomorrow night on my wife's iMac. I did try opening AudioUnitCache in Textwrangler and it looked crazy, so I'm hoping just copying a new cache will just work and I won't have to copy and paste any code lol.

you'll need all your plugins installed and running... good luck with this; no idea if it will work. anyone? just wondering if there are any machine-dependent parameters in the audiocache file. anyway...if it DOES work, make a copy of that cache file and store it somewhere safe!

• 2 weeks later...
just an update: am now running public beta 6, with logic 10.2 and...some problems. lots of stalls (cpu overloads); was not seeing them (in the same projects) before 10.2. and...stalls when i open some 3rd party plugins (ie fabfilter eq, comp). these things are, of course, my experiences only, but just reporting! my choice, to run LX with an OS beta. but...i AM getting my work done... ;-)

Hi, i have exactly the same versions as you, everything works fine here...

I suggest trying to trash preferences, i had some issues recently when updated to 10.2 (no problems with Kontakt though) and it solved.

HI! Are you on El Capitan? And can you tell how to trash preferences?

Thanks!

Hi! Any one is using Kontakt?

I have my Mac updated to PB6, Kontakt to 5.5.1 and logic to 10.2

When I open Logic, it just hold at the Scanning Audio Units with a pop up window.

Is there anyone experiencing similar issue? Or is there any fix?

Thanks!

That's basically the same problem I've been having earlier in the thread. FM8 and Replica just keeps scanning or crashing the Audio Units Plug in manager window. I've already tried trashing my preferences but haven't been able to fix my issue still. I've decided to just wait until El Cap final is released and then if the issue still persists, I'll contact NI. In the meantime, I've been having a lot of fun with Alchemy.

Hi, i have exactly the same versions as you, everything works fine here...

I suggest trying to trash preferences, i had some issues recently when updated to 10.2 (no problems with Kontakt though) and it solved.

HI! Are you on El Capitan? And can you tell how to trash preferences?

Thanks!

Yes i am,

10. Delete user preferences

To delete the user preferences, do the following:

Quit Logic Pro X if it is running.

In the Finder, choose "Go to Folder" from the Go menu.

Type ~/Library/Preferences in the field and click Go.

Remove the "com.apple.logic10.plist" file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you've programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You might want to export your custom key commands before performing this step. See Browse, import, and save key commands for details on how to do this.

If you upgraded from an earlier version of Logic Pro, also remove the "com.apple.logic.pro" file.

Restart the computer.

After following these steps, try to reproduce the issue you were experiencing with the default preferences. If the issue is resolved, reset your preferences to the way were before and then test again.

Hi! Any one is using Kontakt?

I have my Mac updated to PB6, Kontakt to 5.5.1 and logic to 10.2

When I open Logic, it just hold at the Scanning Audio Units with a pop up window.

Is there anyone experiencing similar issue? Or is there any fix?

Thanks!

That's basically the same problem I've been having earlier in the thread. FM8 and Replica just keeps scanning or crashing the Audio Units Plug in manager window. I've already tried trashing my preferences but haven't been able to fix my issue still. I've decided to just wait until El Cap final is released and then if the issue still persists, I'll contact NI. In the meantime, I've been having a lot of fun with Alchemy.

Just tried without luck.

Maybe I also wait for final version. Hope it will come out on 9th Sep