el capitan (public beta) & logic X...

fisherking

for me, it's fun and challenging to dive into the 'new', and when it involves troubleshooting, my brain enjoys it (well, sometimes). then again, i replace synth plugins regularly with new ones. i like being challenged (and think my work benefits from it).

I'm really glad that you have this approach fisherking!

Your input on how Logic and peripheral equipment is behaving within early versions of the OS is invaluable to this community.

Just got a response back from native instruments. apparently, its as simple as reinstalling kontakt, massive, reaktor etc:

Please make sure you reinstall latest version of your NATIVE INSTRUMENTS software.

You can find all updates for your registered software either in the Native

Instruments Service Center application or on our website under the following link:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/updates/

Note that you will need to login with your registered username/password to access

the updates.

(Please uncheck the box "Do not display files that I have already downloaded" to

display all possible downloads on the website.)

Anyone find the Workaround using MOTU IDI express's with El Capitan?

It states "Unknown error..MIDI server fails to start"

I can't use logic, DP9 or Cubase all lock up.

Also the MIDI configurator fails to work.

I am on the "Gold" Version of El Capitan.

Anyone else get MOTU MIDI time pieces to work?

I need to finish a few sequences for a film composer. I can use an older Mac Pro but if you guys no how to get it working please chime in. It would be so much easier.

Kind Regards

B

for me, it's fun and challenging to dive into the 'new', and when it involves troubleshooting, my brain enjoys it (well, sometimes). then again, i replace synth plugins regularly with new ones. i like being challenged (and think my work benefits from it).

I'm really glad that you have this approach fisherking!

Your input on how Logic and peripheral equipment is behaving within early versions of the OS is invaluable to this community.

thanx eric! it's probably a combination of curiosity, impatience, and...mental illness. but i've been doing that since 10.2 (OS X 10.2, not logic pro 10.2)...and have had some wonderful (and terrifying) experiences...and will continue to dive in (and to report what happens). 8)

Apple is great about backward compatibility. Allot of vendors are not willing to invest in updating their drivers to support new faster protocols.

Logic works! but the MOTU MIDI interfaces, and Midi software do not. :oops: In a month El Capitan goes live to all users If it were not for the Beta testers and people on this board testing, most people would find out the hard way that there income stream is suddenly cut off if they use there computers. Those who say "I am not stupid, I will wait" They depend on people like me and the others here that post to 'Fix" and report incompatibility and bugs. Without the Curious, you have total failure and chaos. The Curious carry the weak, and lead technology. As Steve Jobs said

"The individuals who push the parameters, the curios, the people who are not afraid

to try the unknown, those who create, hard press the boundaries are the ones who change the world."

"Those who sit back and just go a long for the ride, contribute nothing but live off the

spoils of those of us who continually create, and take risks" "Its a choice, I chose to do what I believe in and change the world".

My point is... thank you to all who are trying El Capitan, and pushing the OS to the limits, and finding all the issues with incompatibilities. :lol:

So again, anyone figure out how to fix the MOTU MIDI crash with El Capitan? :?:

It would be great to enjoy Logic again.

Or just offer an idea of what it might be. Seems to be with USB or Firewire compatibility and permissions?

If we fix it here, others will have a wonderful user experience with the Rev!

It fixes so many things and computers run so much more efficiently and fast. Graphics, CPU intensive stuff flies!

Kind Regards

B

Jesus. Well I'll just say it again. I would never beta test an os or a daw on a production machine. You want to do it? More power to you but you are right on the verge of sounding high horse like.

It's really not that deep. I bets tested iOS 9 on my iPad because it was not part of my workflow. That's it. It's fun, but not at the expense of business. In my world, two days of lost work (which is what happened) is two days I don't get paid. No amount of good intentions testing wise is worth that.

Jesus. Well I'll just say it again. I would never beta test an os or a daw on a production machine. You want to do it? More power to you but you are right on the verge of sounding high horse like.

It's really not that deep. I bets tested iOS 9 on my iPad because it was not part of my workflow. That's it. It's fun, but not at the expense of business. In my world, two days of lost work (which is what happened) is two days I don't get paid. No amount of good intentions testing wise is worth that.

i've had some crazy moments over the years, but have never lost work installing new OS's, etc on release. even with some issues with the 10.11 beta...i found a workaround. again, i LIKE troubleshooting, but more importantly...i take responsibility for my choices.

and i totally respect everyone's right to move at their own pace. the work is always more important than the tools. i know that, but i also know there's no harm if i'm attracted to the glittery new tools... :mrgreen:

No it isnt. Not over here. Native Instruments and Arturia etc. still do not work in Logic....and the usb problem still exists, so Ilok does not work. =)

i'm using spark (arturia), and it works (as well as it ever did). there is another thread here with tips to deal with the NI insanity, check that out.

what's the usb problem? (i abandoned my ilok/ilok apps a long time ago...shudder...).

Ya I wish I could get rid of mine. Having a usb stick when I travel is ridiculous. Cant believe I haven't lost it yet. Its something about usb hubs.....My ilok doesn't work....or whatever I am putting into the usb port sometimes doesn't work...not really to sure about more details. I am just crossing my fingers that it will get fixed....but I did read about it in other places....Native I and Arturia are aware of the problems and are working on a fix. I am waiting for that.........I don't want to reinstall stuff or anything...

Has anyone had any further luck getting Audio Units to pass validation? I am using numerous Native Instruments plugins and they are all failing validation still. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no luck. Native Instruments won't help because it's a beta OS (I can understand) but I don't see this likely to change in the production version - isn't 10.11.1 the next update AFTER the public release?

Has anyone had any further luck getting Audio Units to pass validation? I am using numerous Native Instruments plugins and they are all failing validation still. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no luck. Native Instruments won't help because it's a beta OS (I can understand) but I don't see this likely to change in the production version - isn't 10.11.1 the next update AFTER the public release?

search this forum, there's a discussion about this with some tricks to fix the issue. and 10.11 is official on the 30th (four days away), so torture the HELL out of NI then (they deserve it) :mrgreen:

Got newest update to El Capitan. USB with ILok seems to work.

I get a random error "USB Device XXX is drawing to much power"

MOTU MIDI interfaces will not work.

It is asking me now for all my Microsoft Office keys. I put them in and good to go.

Logic works but no MIDI thus no sounds or Virtual Library's, EASTWEST/Native/VSL etc will not load or work.

Looks like a 32/64 bit driver problem from vendors? Also USB problem, and Firewire.

New version seems to run allot better. Still crashes with a funky error "I did this to myself" in crash log.

over 24 hrs random reboots 3 times.

Anyone get their MIDI interfaces to work from MOTU?

If Google searches this blog..WOW will there be thousands hitting this blog for answers on the 30th!!

Thanks everyone :)

I just got this one.....

CRITICAL compatibility warning with the upcoming Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan upgrade

Dear Greg

Before upgrading to the latest version of Mac OS X – version 10.11 El Capitan, please consider these potentially serious issues concerning your KOMPLETE, TRAKTOR, and MASCHINE products. Two major issues have been identified:

1. NI plug-ins do not pass the AUDIO UNITS validation in Mac OS X 10.11 – Logic Pro affected

In Mac OS X 10.11, Native Instruments AUDIO UNITS plug-ins will not pass the AU validation and will therefore not be available in Logic Pro. The root cause of this issue has been identified and a solution is currently being developed in close contact with Apple.

2. Incompatibility with some older NI hardware

There are compatibility issues between some older NI devices and Apple’s upcoming operating system. This issue triggers a 'kernel panic' – this serious problem will crash the connected computer immediately, resulting in loss of any unsaved work, or serious disruption of a performance.

The following hardware is affected:

TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 (MK1)

TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 (MK1)

TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 (MK1)

AUDIO 8 DJ

AUDIO 4 DJ

AUDIO 2 DJ

MASCHINE (MK1)

GUITAR RIG 3 (RIG KONTROL 3 hardware)

There are beta drivers already available that fix this issue. Updated drivers will be released as soon as they have been fully tested on OS X 10.11 – shortly after Apple releases OS X 10.11 to the public.

Download the beta drivers here

To keep your system working normally with the affected products, we strongly recommend waiting before upgrading your computer to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until these issues have been fully solved by either Native Instruments or Apple.

Stay up to date on all future developments regarding Mac OS X 10.11 compatibility here

Thank you for your attention,

The Native Instruments team

CRITICAL compatibility warning with the upcoming Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan upgrade

Before upgrading to the latest version of Mac OS X – version 10.11 El Capitan, please consider these potentially serious issues concerning your KOMPLETE, TRAKTOR, and MASCHINE products. Two major issues have been identified:

1. NI plug-ins do not pass the AUDIO UNITS validation in Mac OS X 10.11 – Logic Pro affected

In Mac OS X 10.11, Native Instruments AUDIO UNITS plug-ins will not pass the AU validation and will therefore not be available in Logic Pro. The root cause of this issue has been identified and a solution is currently being developed in close contact with Apple.

There are compatibility issues between some older NI devices and Apple’s upcoming operating system. This issue triggers a 'kernel panic' – this serious problem will crash the connected computer immediately, resulting in loss of any unsaved work, or serious disruption of a performance.

TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 (MK1)

TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 (MK1)

TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 (MK1)

AUDIO 8 DJ

AUDIO 4 DJ

AUDIO 2 DJ

MASCHINE (MK1)

There are beta drivers already available that fix this issue. Updated drivers will be released as soon as they have been fully tested on OS X 10.11 – shortly after Apple releases OS X 10.11 to the public.

To keep your system working normally with the affected products, we strongly recommend waiting before upgrading your computer to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until these issues have been fully solved by either Native Instruments or Apple.

Stay up to date on all future developments regarding Mac OS X 10.11 compatibility here

Also similar notifications from Steinberg, Arturia, etc.

Delay of gratification people, delay of gratification.

TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 (MK1)

TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 (MK1)

TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 (MK1)

AUDIO 8 DJ

AUDIO 4 DJ

AUDIO 2 DJ

MASCHINE (MK1)

Also similar notifications from Steinberg, Arturia, etc.

Delay of gratification people, delay of gratification.

fortunate here, am using Massive, and Replika, without issue (AFTER, of course, resolving the issue; in my case, replacing the AU cache from a yosemite backup)...